bama1234

NYC Private Mod

EDIT: Make a NY sub mod.

Reason being, the battalion cheifs wanted to be able to distinct their units from other units so some companys started using green lights on one side. Old myths: people though the CFD used greens lights because of the heavy irish population in the CFD. Anyway, I believe thats why they use green.

Off topic for a second, I was the one that translated the site for the New York mod (not this one the german one)

On TOpic, I thik those lights look green on the truck, I didn't know CFD used green lights. Strange

EDIT: Make a NY sub mod.

Reason being, the battalion cheifs wanted to be able to distinct their units from other units so some companys started using green lights on one side. Old myths: people though the CFD used greens lights because of the heavy irish population in the CFD. Anyway, I believe thats why they use green.

History lesson:

The Department continued to expand, with new additions such as ambulances, chemical rigs, floodlight wagons, and smoke ejectors. The Fire Commissioner at the time, Albert Goodrich, had a nautical background and decided that all fire apparatus in the City of Chicago should feature at least one red light on the left side of the vehicle and a green light on the right, a lighting scheme that is still in place today. By this point, the city had expanded to 28 battalions, so the battalions were then grouped into six larger districts. Battalion chiefs received new Model "A" Fords, painted red on the bottom and black on top (the black tops were the result of the material used for the cars' roofs, which could not be painted). This black-and-red paint scheme has also carried on through today.

info from :

http://everything2.com/node/1812187

enjoy.

will

Hmm, those are wicked awesome !! :12:

I was wondering will tehre be a Miami-Dade Fire-Rescue mod ? that would be awesome ! :police:

Not from me.

Can anyone explain this to me:

Okay, as you all know the textures on the models are mapped as .DDS textures. Questions:

1. How do these stick onto the models? The textures, I mean. In paint they just look like the sides of the vehicle and parts strewn onto a sheet randomly.

2. How do you "re-map" these. By the way, is that what UV mapping is?

Forgive me, I know very little about re-assigning textures. Please Help!!

Bama, dont quote me for truth, but I believe that if you look at a v3o you will see all the numbers. These are coordinates to tell the game what piece goes where. And I believe this is all done in the uv-mapping process. Some one else may be bale to explain it in better detail but thats what it looks like to me atleast.

Have you decided on weather to do Chicago or New York yet? There seems to be a demand for both but I am pulling for Chicago :P

Bama, dont quote me for truth, but I believe that if you look at a v3o you will see all the numbers. These are coordinates to tell the game what piece goes where. And I believe this is all done in the uv-mapping process. Some one else may be bale to explain it in better detail but thats what it looks like to me atleast.

Have you decided on weather to do Chicago or New York yet? There seems to be a demand for both but I am pulling for Chicago :P

Okay, that clears some up for me. But if anyone can explain or give details that would be great. :) Thank you for the help

For now, New York. But I might use Chicago if I ever do anything else like this.

Okay, that clears some up for me. But if anyone can explain or give details that would be great. :) Thank you for the help

For now, New York. But I might use Chicago if I ever do anything else like this.

Quick update, did this with the 3ds Max 30-day trial. Still learning Zmod. This will be an ESU truck:

Only problems:

1. It has too many faces to export to .3ds.

2. When I tried to open other custom models in zmodeler it said it loaded the model but there was nothing there. :(

post-3134-1239471023_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1239471031_thumb.jpg

Help? And please comment.