bama1234

NYC Private Mod

Retarded post......

I'm sorry, Hoppah, but I think it was a big mistake for you or Stan to allow people to advertise their reskins on the forum. Look at what it has started.

Pyro....Why don't you go put yourself in Hoppah's shoes and have a group of people butcher your mod. Then you will know how it feels. No offense, to all of you skinners out there, but geez....

Oh and Bama.....You did nothing but change Hoppah's model....That engine looks nothing like a Seagrave. Lights are easy too, btw, just time consuming.....

I am not trying to start anything at all.

And once again, I respect Hoppah's work and will not release this without his permission.

Reskins are NOT easy in the sense that they take TONS of time and experience. I do that, lights, a tiny bit of modelling, and a tiny bit of scripting.

If Stan feels that this topic is just a pest, then he can close it if he wishes, if that is what he wants.

I posted what I did for a reason.

Hoppah's work is spectacular, regardless of how easy or hard some areas might be. Its amazing how someone can script, or even create their own mod such as this. Which is why I said no one except him should be allowed the 100% credit, re-skins are nice but what I'm saying is its a re-skin. Not much credit is given, its not a drastic change its more ascetics (appearance).

I just think re-skins of high quality, not crap, should be recognized. I understand it may be "easy" but you can tell who put the time and effort into it, and who didn't.

But, I'll leave it be at that. I don't wish to cause a war, or something to happen on Bama's thread. His re-skins are amazing even if their easy to do, their still high quality to me.

And, Soldjaboy. I wouldn't be talking about retarded people, you don't EVEN want to go there.

Very nice pictures, Itaboy. Thank you! :)

I especially like the nypd pickup truck.

Here is my final fire truck. (new lightbars, lights flash faster; added new lights)

post-3134-1240778811_thumb.jpg

Please comment

how hard are lightbars and have you tried to make a station cause i am wanting to make one but i am not sure how hard it is?

how hard are lightbars and have you tried to make a station cause i am wanting to make one but i am not sure how hard it is?

no, i have not tried a custom station, but I know it requires scripting. Lightbars are easy, I just dont know how to UV map.

Everyone Play nicely and the topic stays open... No offense to the skinners, but the UV mapping and the modeling are the worst that you have to do, generally speaking for a "simple" model it is not so hard to create, but creating a skin from a blank file is extremely time consuming, then adding a UV map to the model for it's mesh is extremely time consuming, that is generally why most people who spent time creating models wish that other people will try to do their own. It is true, and reasonable to believe that sometimes you need an exact 1/1 of a model so it would not make sense to have to create a totally new model for a crown vic when there already is one.

I do not care what city you do, there is ALWAYS something you can create to make a mod your own, and that's generally what most modelers want people to attempt to do. The nyc private mod has spent a good deal of time trying to re-create the feel of ny, but with custom models that were specifically built to be NYC that would make it that much more... That is generally what I think most people want to see, is to see the mods try to go that extra step and get some of the unique things that increase the realism of their mod. Some vehicles there is NO reason what so ever that one should have to re-build, that would be totally illogical, but in the end, spending time myself creating models I would have to say that it is something you HAVE to be comitted to. If you do it though it definately increases the realism having the vehicle be 100% accurate.

For example, when I started the FBI Mobile Command Vehicle it was based on the one from D.C. because I figured it was the same... whoops=) Having done both truck models by mistake, I have to totally admit that there is absolutely NO WAY the LA version would ever accurately appear to be the one from D.C. That is the sad truth with a reskin, sometimes you can't replicate what you need to without a new model so you have to create new models.

how much time do you spend on each model just out of curosity?

roughly an hour for just a reskin, overall on the Fire truck I think I have spent over 5 hours, for the lightbars and final skins etc. The police were the hardest, Ive spent countless hours on those.

The reason there isn't re skins, is because he worked hard and just giving it up would be pointless, because reskinning is EXTREMELY easy.

I beg to differ on that, I've skinned for a bunch of games and some of them were near impossible to skin. And to get everything lined up right and everything takes some work. I wish I could get photoshop to work with dds files so I can see how the skinning process is on here so I can make my own variations.

The reason there isn't re skins, is because he worked hard and just giving it up would be pointless, because reskinning is EXTREMELY easy.

I beg to differ on that, I've skinned for a punch of games and some of them were near impossible to skin. And to get everything lined up right and everything takes some work. I wish I could get photoshop to work with dds files so I can see how the skinning process is on here so I can make my own variations.

Well guys, it depends on how you look at it. Re-skinning can be a cakewalk sometimes while at others it can be as hard as building a nuclear power generator. :)

But give the LA mod team some credit, they have worked ten times harder than me.

I beg to differ on that, I've skinned for a bunch of games and some of them were near impossible to skin. And to get everything lined up right and everything takes some work. I wish I could get photoshop to work with dds files so I can see how the skinning process is on here so I can make my own variations.

just use PAINT.NET

Well guys, it depends on how you look at it. Re-skinning can be a cakewalk sometimes while at others it can be as hard as building a nuclear power generator.

But give the LA mod team some credit, they have worked ten times harder than me.

Oh definitely some skinning is really easy it all about how much detail you want and how much you want it to look like the REAL thing, thats what takes forever is getting every little detail right to make it look just like the real thing. It takes alot of patients to get everything just right. I'm not saying its as hard as modeling because I can't model if my life depended on it haha but skinning still isn't the easiest thing in the world to do like some people are saying.

just use PAINT.NET

Why use paint if you have a far advanced program like photoshop? Paint is good and all that but it cant compare to PS.

As to the person wanting dds files in ps, just look at the download center here, or search google for dds plug in and there is one on the nvidia website(same one just different d/l locations).

Guest GB619
Why use paint if you have a far advanced program like photoshop? Paint is good and all that but it cant compare to PS.

As to the person wanting dds files in ps, just look at the download center here, or search google for dds plug in and there is one on the nvidia website(same one just different d/l locations).

I agree,i use photoshop,i tried with paint etc,and that is just bad,photoshop makes it easier with all the extra built in tools to help repaint,skinning is easy compared to modelling i totally agree,but like others have said the more detail you use the more time it takes,and as for allowing others to release re-skinned models by others i agree is wrong,give the modellers credit,without them we would have no models to re skin for our own use.

I already have the dds plugin and i've opened dds files with photoshop before but they just dont wanna work for this game and before people start asking yes i've unpacked them and still no results i get an error everytime. If you wanna help tho don't use this post, I've made a post called "Skinning With Photoshop" in the Modding And Mod Help section.

yea i know but he said "if he could get photoshop" so i was giving him an alternative

Ok guys, I have made a working Ford F350 model in 3ds Max, but when I try to import it into zmodeler nothing shows up in the views except the pivot points. [it says the box is there but there is no model] I exported it to 3DS format and imported it. Please Help!!

And also how do you texture map?

This is the 2004 Chevrolet Caprice model that I am adding. Please comment, but help me with my problem as well.

post-3134-1240874331_thumb.jpg

The only way I can get this car skinned and in the game is if someone tells me why in zmodeler it just shows up blank, and how do I texture map the model?

It is not UV mapped yet... Follow this tutorial, and you will be doing good then :)

http://www.emergency-planet.com/index.php?...7&Itemid=35

Taken from EMP tutorial page :)

Ok, that helps with the mapping part but the model still wont open in Zmodeler2.

In the side bar the boxes are checked saying the model is there, but there are only pivot points and no model in the viewports. Please Help!!

I hope ya mean 1994 Caprice, the holden caprice was not sold in america=( unfortunately I don't use 3DS max so I'm not sure what it might be doing to your model on export that could be causing the problem.... Z2 doesnt like imports so chances are it's something like being inside out, try reorient or mirror on it and see if you can make it show up that way.... it might be something as simple as that going on. Is it giving you an error at the bottom of Z2 when you try to import you can see? Like invalid line or something.

I hope ya mean 1994 Caprice, the holden caprice was not sold in america=( unfortunately I don't use 3DS max so I'm not sure what it might be doing to your model on export that could be causing the problem.... Z2 doesnt like imports so chances are it's something like being inside out, try reorient or mirror on it and see if you can make it show up that way.... it might be something as simple as that going on. Is it giving you an error at the bottom of Z2 when you try to import you can see? Like invalid line or something.

no, I mean the 2004 Chevy caprice. It is sorta hard to tell in the screenshot. :)

Hey if anyone else who owns 3ds or something can help me I would appreciate it GREATLY.