bama1234

NYC Private Mod

If Hoppah's not going to let you release it , why don't you just make it a separate mod or if hoppah will allow it, an add on like, Woods map or tony's lights

That wouldn't matter, because he uses Hoppahs models for his skins he would still have to get Hoppahs permission.

Anyway you are doing a really good work!!! i think that is a wonderful sub-mod even it is just a reskin. you are editing really detailed models of the NYC emergency services anf the skin of the NYPD vehicles are fantastic!

Sorry for my bad english se you soon :12:

That wouldn't matter, because he uses Hoppahs models for his skins he would still have to get Hoppahs permission.

ahh ok, that makes sense, I was hoping to try to start to reskin some of hoppahs models for personal use, but don't know what city. Any ideas?

I'd like to see a chicago or washington dc mod. :)

ok cool, well I'm going to start doing some research on Washington D.C and try to make a reskin mod(personal) and thanks bama for explaining how to upload to paint, I need to try that out

ok bama tought me how to do it so i'll help you return the favor. What you do is go into the editor and load the la mod. Next under the modifications tab second from the bottem is unpack click it. now go under models and select a type of object which in the ambulances case would be under veichels- LA Ambulance. Find the name of the file like ambulance 1 is the amr and so on. Now each unit will have the name of the unit then .v3o. Make sure it says the unit name and not door ao weel. Go to the text bar at the bottem and change the ending from .v30 to .dds Once you do this go into dds converter convert it to bmp and load it into paint.

Hope this helps,

Jab16

Hey a quick question, where is the text bar? :nixweiss:

p.s , thanks bama (and sorry that is supposed to be a quote)

Hope this helps,

Jab16

Sorry, the way he said it at the end was just a little confusing. Just close out the editor after unpacking the files. Go to the unpacked file and just right-click and rename to .dds. Then convert to JPEG/BMP/whatever :)

Hope this helps,

Jab16

Sorry, the way he said it at the end was just a little confusing. Just close out the editor after unpacking the files. Go to the unpacked file and just right-click and rename to .dds. Then convert to JPEG/BMP/whatever :)

ok, But where do the unpacked files go? or where do I rename them?

^depends. Some people put such things in there dds and others dont.

ok I think I converted it to bmp. but I don't want to edit the inside, But I do want to edit the out side, is there any way I can just have One side of the vehicle?

ok I think I converted it to bmp. but I don't want to edit the inside, But I do want to edit the out side, is there any way I can just have One side of the vehicle?

NYC Submod

------------------------------

***Official Update #002

Added Vehicles:

1. NYPD SUV

2. NYPD ESU Truck

3. NYPD Dodge Charger

4. NYPD Traffic Cop ***Not Pictured in this update, but finished

5. PAPD NY/NJ Patrol Car ***Not Pictured in this update, but finished

------------------------------------------------------------------

Corrections Which Need To Be Done:

1. Fix left side door of NYPD Patrol Car (Still has LAPD Paint Job on it)

Screens:

post-3134-1238209634_thumb.jpg

Just leave the inside alone and edit the ooutside. I dunno if its possible to only do one side, but i doubt it or other would only do one side.

Just leave the inside alone and edit the ooutside. I dunno if its possible to only do one side, but i doubt it or other would only do one side.

Ok sounds good, but is there any way to zoom in, or how do you guys change the color in paint, To me it seems hard to reskin in that small place. :sporty:

and nice bama, the sub mod is looking really good

No I use Adobe Photoshop 7. Its like a 3 or 4 year old version of Photoshop.You can find it buy searching google for Adobe Photoshop 7. It will run like $70 USD or so. The newer versions, Adobe Photoshop CS4, cost like $600 or $700 USD so dont even consider it. You may find it cheaper through online retail stores but your still going to pay an arm and a leg. Gimp, however, is free and pretty powerful. You can get gimp here: http://www.gimp.org/

As for paint and zooming, there is a magnifying glass. Click it. Then click the are you want to zoom in.

No I use Adobe Photoshop 7. Its like a 3 or 4 year old version of Photoshop.You can find it buy searching google for Adobe Photoshop 7. It will run like $70 USD or so. The newer versions, Adobe Photoshop CS4, cost like $600 or $700 USD so dont even consider it. You may find it cheaper through online retail stores but your still going to pay an arm and a leg. Gimp, however, is free and pretty powerful. You can get gimp here: http://www.gimp.org/

As for paint and zooming, there is a magnifying glass. Click it. Then click the are you want to zoom in.

Sweet, thanks I will look into it, which program do you think I should use, paint or gimp?

I cant say for sure as I havent used gimp in ages but gimp is more powerful so I would atleast give it a try. I mean it is free after all, so if you dont like it, just remove it. No harm done. :)

ok thanks, so I have one more problem, So i got a skin in mircosoft paint, but how do I put it back in the game? and when I went into the la fire department folder, went under vehicles, then I saw the skin I took out with .v30( Or something like that) while I still had the modified file on my desktop

ok thanks, so I have one more problem, So i got a skin in mircosoft paint, but how do I put it back in the game? and when I went into the la fire department folder, went under vehicles, then I saw the skin I took out with .v30( Or something like that) while I still had the modified file on my desktop

You must replace the old texture with the new one, in the FD Directory. If you moved the old one, you must place the new one into the directory with the same name as the old file. And it is DDS not v3o.

***I must say that this is becoming a support topic instead of a Mod topic. If you need any help, please PM me instead of posting it here. I will gladly help through PMs, though.