bama1234

NYC Private Mod

I haven't heard of anything like that. Have you? :P

There is such thing as a NYPD undercover taxi from the youtube videos. There is a couple posts on this forum somewhere that had the links to the NYPD undercover taxi's. If I can find them again, I will post it.

Guest Caddi17
There is such thing as a NYPD undercover taxi from the youtube videos. There is a couple posts on this forum somewhere that had the links to the NYPD undercover taxi's. If I can find them again, I will post it.

These are some videos of theose toxis i found on youtube :P

These are some videos of theose toxis i found on youtube :P

Those were it, Thanks for posting them.

If I may ask, will you be putting the parking meter vehicle in there (the little three wheel vehicle). It would look pretty sweet in there.

Those were it, Thanks for posting them.

If I may ask, will you be putting the parking meter vehicle in there (the little three wheel vehicle). It would look pretty sweet in there.

Ummm... maybe. I havent quite gotten into modelling yet, as I'm currently using Hopphah's mod, so unfortunately I can't release it. But yes, something like that may come along eventually. I like the idea. :)

Ummm... maybe. I havent quite gotten into modelling yet, as I'm currently using Hopphah's mod, so unfortunately I can't release it. But yes, something like that may come along eventually. I like the idea. :)

Alrite, understandable. I would love to see the model pictures if you get around to them sometime in the near future. You are doing a great job on the other models (pictures you have posted). They are looking good.

Alrite, understandable. I would love to see the model pictures if you get around to them sometime in the near future. You are doing a great job on the other models (pictures you have posted). They are looking good.

Ok. I'm still trying to get some pictures posted of more skins, I just havent gotten around to it yet. I hope I'll be able to get them up today or tomorrow. :news:

Ok. I'm still trying to get some pictures posted of more skins, I just havent gotten around to it yet. I hope I'll be able to get them up today or tomorrow. :news:

The pictures should be up tonight around 6 or 7 CST. What's new:

(1) FDNY firefighter outfit

(2) NYPD ESU truck. (Formally LAPD SWAT Command Truck).

:news:

Quick question.

Would anyone like it if, instead of skinning the vehicles to look like modern NYC, if i made them to look like the ones from '95? That'd be pretty cool. Im trying to get a picture on of one reskin I did which looks like a 1995 Ford Vic, with the blue and white color scheme for the NYPD car. :)

-Bama1234

NYC Submod

NYPD Cruiser. Only a couple of bugs, hope to fix soon. Let me know what you think. (this is from v1.8). :)

post-3134-1237243257_thumb.jpg

FDNY Engine 7. Fully Done, no known bugs yet. (v1.8)

post-3134-1237252984_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237252997_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237253010_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237253689_thumb.jpg

-Bama1234

NYC Submod

NYPD Cruiser. Only a couple of bugs, hope to fix soon. Let me know what you think. (this is from v1.8).

Nice work, they look awesome.

NYPD Cruiser. Only a couple of bugs, hope to fix soon. Let me know what you think. (this is from v1.8). :)

post-3134-1237252984_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237252997_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237253010_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237253689_thumb.jpg

-Bama1234

NYC Submod

New Ambulance, with the classic "NYC EMS" scheme on it. The regular FDNY ambulance is also done, but I dont have a picture yet. Expect that sometime today though. :)

post-3134-1237307304_thumb.jpg

-Bama1234

NYC Submod

OH HOTT DAMN!

You know this whole topic is sort of like dangling candy in front of a baby, since its not going to be released to the public.

OH HOTT DAMN!

You know this whole topic is sort of like dangling candy in front of a baby, since its not going to be released to the public.

Sorta. Anyway I have 3 new vehicles.

1. Ladder 24

2. Battalion Chief 7

3. Hazmat Co.1

Here are the pics:

Overall Progress:)

-Bama1234

NYC SubMod

Looks so so awesome i wish i could be as good as a modder as you. By the way did you make that hazmat unit cause it looks awesome. :hallo:

Ps: how long did it take you to learn to mod this good.

Looks so so awesome i wish i could be as good as a modder as you. By the way did you make that hazmat unit cause it looks awesome. :hallo:

Ps: how long did it take you to learn to mod this good.

Yes, I did skin the Hazmat truck. But the model is Hoppahs. All these are, I just reskined them from LA to NYC. It honestly took me a little under a year, using Em3 and Em4 to learn how to mod this well. :)

-Bama1234

NYCSubMod

that is awesome i want to give you kudos on it, it looks awesome. I got more respect for skinners, and modders since i started modding this week. keep it up. ;)

Ps: Which one of hoppahs models is the hazmat truck looks good with your skins?

Kind regards,

Jab16

that is awesome i want to give you kudos on it, it looks awesome. I got more respect for skinners, and modders since i started modding this week. keep it up. ;)

Ps: Which one of hoppahs models is the hazmat truck looks good with your skins?

Kind regards,

Jab16

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

The model is the HAZMAT truck from LA Mod v1.8.

-Bama1234

NYCSubMod

Sorta. Anyway I have 3 new vehicles.

1. Ladder 24

2. Battalion Chief 7

3. Hazmat Co.1

Here are the pics:

Overall Progress:)

-Bama1234

NYC SubMod

Looks great, only one problem, FDNY Hazmat 1 has six wheels These trucks might look a little wierd in the bay with a LAFD USAR truck perhaps adding Rescue 1 and a CPC unit for hazmat.

You could also switch out the foam tender with a satellite. http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/manhattan/e9.htm (Scroll Down)

The Brush could be replaced with the new ATRV 329 (Manifold Wagon) http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/queens/e329.htm (Scroll Down)

If you were serious about making this mod you might want to add some more fdny units. I am not trying to should like a no it all but i know quite a bit about the fdny and their apparatus. If you have any questions, please ask me. Also not one FDNY rear mount aerial has a bucket. Ask hoppah because he didnt have either in one of the older versions of the la mod. I dont think.

Mike CCFES

Looks great, only one problem, FDNY Hazmat 1 has six wheels These trucks might look a little wierd in the bay with a LAFD USAR truck perhaps adding Rescue 1 and a CPC unit for hazmat.

You could also switch out the foam tender with a satellite. http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/manhattan/e9.htm (Scroll Down)

The Brush could be replaced with the new ATRV 329 (Manifold Wagon) http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/queens/e329.htm (Scroll Down)

If you were serious about making this mod you might want to add some more fdny units. I am not trying to should like a no it all but i know quite a bit about the fdny and their apparatus. If you have any questions, please ask me. Also not one FDNY rear mount aerial has a bucket. Ask hoppah because he didnt have either in one of the older versions of the la mod. I dont think.

Mike CCFES

Thanks for the tips; however I am not doing models yet, only skins. But I might get to that eventually. Its good to know I can ask someone if I have any questions, so thanks. And those are some good pictures, by the way. Thanks for the links.

I am currently re-skinning the USAR to look like the Res5cue truck, let you know when that's done. :)

Bama1234

NYCSubMod

just to make sure you use the paint tool for skinning units right?

Yes, I do use paint. Most people use photoshop, etc. But I think paint is easier when it comes to skinning. I only use photoshop for the details. :)

Bama1234

NYCSubMod

is there a spific tool you use to make it look glosy and shiny. Also once you finish a skin what do you do to convert it back to the new skin for the 3d unit?

Thanks for the help,

Jab16