bama1234

NYC Private Mod

is there a spific tool you use to make it look glosy and shiny. Also once you finish a skin what do you do to convert it back to the new skin for the 3d unit?

Thanks for the help,

Jab16

No, there is not a specific tool, the cars just come that way. When I finish a skin I save it as jpeg and use DDS Converter 2 to convert it to .dds. Then I replace the old skin with the new in the LA Mod directory. I.E. C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizard Works\911 First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod 1.8\Models\Vehicles\Police\[cv_lapd.dds].

Bama1234

NYCSubMod

Really Wonderful MOD!!! i really like it!!!!!!!! congratulations to the modder. Finally someone edit a mod with the NY Emergency Services that i think they are one of the most Interesting and Good of the world.

PS: the FDNY Staff is very nice :12:

Really Wonderful MOD!!! i really like it!!!!!!!! congratulations to the modder. Finally someone edit a mod with the NY Emergency Services that i think they are one of the most Interesting and Good of the world.

PS: the FDNY Staff is very nice :12:

Thank you, I appreciate the support. :)

If it is no problem can you tell me how to take pictures like that in the editor?

Thanks,

Jab16 :12:

Sorry I took so long to reply, I cut my thumb and its gushing. lol :)

Yes, it is possible. I use fraps: heres the link.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Very nice software. Start fraps, load the game, and press F10 for a screen.

Thanks for the tips; however I am not doing models yet, only skins. But I might get to that eventually. Its good to know I can ask someone if I have any questions, so thanks. And those are some good pictures, by the way. Thanks for the links.

I am currently re-skinning the USAR to look like the Res5cue truck, let you know when that's done. :)

Bama1234

NYCSubMod

Yes, I do use paint. Most people use photoshop, etc. But I think paint is easier when it comes to skinning. I only use photoshop for the details. :)

Bama1234

NYCSubMod

cool bro, look forward to help you out.

Mike CCFES

Guest cbh84
NYPD Cruiser. Only a couple of bugs, hope to fix soon. Let me know what you think. (this is from v1.8). :)

post-3134-1237243257_thumb.jpg

FDNY Engine 7. Fully Done, no known bugs yet. (v1.8)

post-3134-1237252984_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237252997_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237253010_thumb.jpgpost-3134-1237253689_thumb.jpg

-Bama1234

NYC Submod

Love the crusier but the NYPD doesnt use red and blue lights they only use red and white

anyway great job

sorry i was not clear, I was asking how do you upload them. i know for picures from the internet you need the website but how do you do it for Fraps pictures.I hope i can send these to you soon because i was also able to make two nypd skined units :police:

PS:do i need to convert the photos mabie that is what i am doing wrong? :sporty:

Guest melvindegroot

Dont know if you even have seen 'Third watch'? It was a realy cool tv show about the 55 district in NY(fiction district). About EMS, FD and the police!

Might have some use of the pics of that show!

sorry i was not clear, I was asking how do you upload them. i know for picures from the internet you need the website but how do you do it for Fraps pictures.I hope i can send these to you soon because i was also able to make two nypd skined units :police:

PS:do i need to convert the photos mabie that is what i am doing wrong? :sporty:

Ok I see. Use DDS Converter to change the BMPs into JPEGs then upload. The pics should be in C:\Fraps

how do i upload them when i try and cut and paste it wont let me.
I am done with a nypd suv and esu truck you inspired me :)

At the bottom left of the text box (outside the text box) there are 2 buttons, one says browse the other says upload. The upload button is green. Hit "browse" and select the JPEG picture (make sure not the BMP, that wont work) Then hit "Upload". Once it has uploaded, right above the upload button there is a box that says Manage Current Attachments. Click that, it will come down, and then hit the little paper button with the green plus sign that adds the attachment. That should work.

:)

post-2914-1237474627_thumb.jpg

post-2914-1237474490_thumb.jpg

Thank you for helping me out bama hope you like it.The first pic is the Austin travis county ems Ambulance the yellow one ( my first skin )

Next is the NYPD esu truck which was my second skin.( says esu on top )

and third is the NYPD suv the white suv ( my third skin ever )

Note to everyboy: For privite use

post-2914-1237474627_thumb.jpg

post-2914-1237474490_thumb.jpg

Thank you for helping me out bama hope you like it.The first pic is the Austin travis county ems Ambulance the yellow one ( my first skin )

Next is the NYPD esu truck which was my second skin.( says esu on top )

and third is the NYPD suv the white suv ( my third skin ever )

Note to everyboy: For privite use

Im impressed. Your first models turned out really well. :) I wish I could show you my first one, looked like a 3-year old did it. Keep up the good work!

Bama1234

NYCSubMod

are you also gonna make something like aways traffic stuck?

It might be possible, but mostly unlikely. The game's flow of traffic is difficult to modify due to bugs and glitches. I will, however, change the map up a little to look more like NYC.

Bama1234

NYCSubmod