bama1234

NYC Private Mod

Take a look at this:

krankenwagentest.png

This is the first thing I've modeld by myself. The only tutorial I saw was about making a chair. It's a LAFD Ambulance. It's not finished yet. I can just recommend Sketchup to beginners. It's really easy.

Looking nice but...

Write how to put from skp to > z3d ?

1. You can't export that to .z3d without buying Google Sketchup Pro first, which runs about $495.00 USD.

2. That model will not look right in zmodeler because there are glass textures on it, and Emergency 4 will most likely not regocnize that, because all the glass textures on vehicles are skinned. There is some glass, but Im not sure it will recognize it. Besides that, the model has no interior.

3. Other than that, it looks like a great model :)

Let's try to keep things that have to do with the NYC topic only in here, please.

Why funny? :P NYPD uses those to give parking infractions or traffic contraventions. :)

We have them here to, but they only get used downtown which is a pretty small area compared to the rest of the city.

Looking nice but...

Write how to put from skp to > z3d ?

Search is your best friend. I know its been covered atleast once this week if not more. Its not hard(searching or the answer.)

Sorry Bama, back to NY..

Can we please refoucus our atention to the NYC mod here? :1046276160_schildbacktotopic: I mean this IS an NYC mod. :wall: By the way, how is the mod coming bama? :gruebel:

PS: the mod is cool :)

Isent this a personal mod made out of the LA-Mod?

not exactaly, it is a personal mod and he did use some of hoppahs units but he also made some units for it:)

Progress is little more than the last update, the mod itself is about 60% done now. Other than that my 30-day trial for 3d studio max is nearly up and i am still learning the ever-so-difficult zmodeler. I have only a few full-funtional models complete with wheels and doors, the best so far is the ambulance I showed everyone earlier on, that model will definitely replace one of the medics in the mod.

Id also like to say this:

To everyone here, please stop PMing me asking for specific models and such, because the answer will ALWAYS be NO. Until, that is, [and if] I ever get permision to release this.

3DS Max isnt cheap, it is a professional application which can do many things to an extremely great detail, so expect to pay an extreme number to get your hands on a full version of it. The freebie version most people can't seem to hunt down works about the same but I am not sure if it's export works 100%

Good news, everyone. I now can model without having to worry about my trial running out! Gmax is working fine for me, and I now have a model I want to show you all.

Thanks to Mikey for all the help, couldnt have done it without you. :)

@ Jab

I just used Gmax and got some tools called "LithUnwrap" and Tempest.

@ Anyone who can help:

But right now, I have a big problem. ONCE AGAIN, and I dont know why, the game has kept asking me for the CD key. :machkaputt: Practically EVERY TIME I start it up. And till now Ive been entering it and its started up right but now, of course, just like it did before, (And keep in mind that this is the Atari version, not Direct2Drive, with which this occured before as well), It stopped accepting the key and gave me this:

So I had this problem with Atari AND Direct2drive versions. Both. So basically heres how it goes:

1. It asks for the key after I first install the game.

2. It asks just about every time I start it up after that.

3. Eventually key stops working and I get error. :1046276128_motz:

Help?

BTW the Bronco is skinned and now I have to add wheels, door, and mirrors.

Well you have to contact atari or d2d. The errors seems pretty self explanatory. You have activated it to many times and the DRM has kicked in.

I know that, what I dont get is why it asks for the key every time I start it up. Thats the problem

Your model looks a bit too elaborate, you will probrably want to merge away some of those polygons, EM4/FR does not work too well with overly complicated models, remember it has to load everything that is on the map so every polygon adds to the load on a computer. The roof in particular is a place you can clip away a good deal of polygons without the model getting damaged in the process. As for the other part, welcome to Digital Rights Management and all it's stupidity.

Your model looks a bit too elaborate, you will probrably want to merge away some of those polygons, EM4/FR does not work too well with overly complicated models, remember it has to load everything that is on the map so every polygon adds to the load on a computer. The roof in particular is a place you can clip away a good deal of polygons without the model getting damaged in the process. As for the other part, welcome to Digital Rights Management and all it's stupidity.

I dont know how to reduce the poly # in zmodeler, I do in gmax though. Anyway, here is the progress so far:

Anyone know how to fix those cracks? I tried vertex welding and it didnt work.

Right now everything is fine except the lights. They just wont show up in the editor!!! I made a light, and no matter what I do it wont light up.

Why wont it let me upload a picture? It says that the file is too big. The pic is only 321x289!. :(