bama1234

NYC Private Mod

Chances are you're close to your capacity for Attatchments on the forum, go through and Delete some of the old ones that you don't really need anymore...

My Controls>

Options>

Manage My Attatchments or something like that, it will tell you what of what size you've used, so if you're close to 100% of what you're allowed you know tis time to dump some of the old junk. File attatchments add up fairly fast and I'd bet you're using close to the limit.

@Mikey, thanks, Ill take care of that and get some screens up soon.

To access texture files you must go to the directory the vehicle is in, choose the DDS texture file for the car, and rename the extension to .v3o. Then go into the editor and click >modifications>unpack file>yourfile.v3o. After this is done, rename the file back to DDS. Use DDS Converter 2 to convert it to JPEG. Then edit.

In the editor, the lights I put on the car dont show up no matter what I do. I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone help me with this?

do you have prototypes for it?

Yes, I do. The problem is when I go to the editor and go to the light editor and make a light, no matter what, it does not show up in the editor when I place the unit. I click lights on, game, off, and it wont work!!

Here is the Bronco, BTW: [mirrors, lightbars still not done]

Please help with the lights problem, it is very frustrating

Try this bud:

Edit lights like you normally would, do these settings:

Radiation Checked

Corona Checked

If you use polygon glow it ONLY shows at night, it will not show at all or barely during the day, to augment that use a corona set to a low value like 5 and it'll glow during the day.

Visibility: check always

Blue Light for type

Goto time in the map properties if you want to make it darker, during the day to see ALL lights, place the vehicle on the map then ya need to go ahead and click the lights button at the bottom right, click it until it says "Lights On" Remember to place the vehicle on the map befor you hit that button, if you place the vehicle you have to re-click the button till it says on again then the lights will show up (all of them).

When you just place a vehicle on the ground most the time the lights won't work in the editor until the setting is "refreshed" by swapping to it like I described. hopefully this will help ya out. Truck looks quite nice in the game=)

Thanks mikey been noticing a similar problem, although I do believe i tried most of those things, i will double check in a bit.

Why wont it let me upload a picture? It says that the file is too big. The pic is only 321x289!. :(

Thats why i think its best to use imageshack. You can get something for windows that will allow you to right click and image, and upload it to imageshack right from windows.

Nice work Bama.

Yes, I do. The problem is when I go to the editor and go to the light editor and make a light, no matter what, it does not show up in the editor when I place the unit. I click lights on, game, off, and it wont work!!

Here is the Bronco, BTW: [mirrors, lightbars still not done]

Please help with the lights problem, it is very frustrating

Bama put units into pol or ems in traits like here

22b1f6254011.jpg

Thanks, EMC Unit. And Jab. Im still working on it and Ill let you know when its fixed, thanks again for the tips and help. I will get it fixed, itll just take time. Meanwhile you can all expect this to be in my NY mod and coming up next... is the GMC Suburban 1999 which will serve as a FDNY Battalion Cheif Unit WITH the new lightbars, the big ones on the back? whatever you call them. I am going to start that model soon, as well as some different Seagrave fire engines for the NY mod.

No, its not too big. It just seems that way, I thought the same when I first put it on. :)

One more small problem, can anyone identify the cause of this? (It is NOT ambient enabled on the door, already checked)

post-3134-1246157307_thumb.jpg

Enable or off alfa reflections on car or door

The normals were calculated for the door AFTER it was spliced from the body, thus the normals are set for the door-only, not the whole body flow of the vehicle, this would be why it is best to do the normals calculation PRIOR to cutting the vehicle open. If you do it later some apps support recalculation that won't wreck the shading, but generally they tend to abruptly change at any break (such as a door). I've learned to use zmod to calc before I cut and not to touch the body parts once that is done, it generally seems to prevent that.

PM me the model files for the vehicle (door and body)... Just the V3O's I should not require anything more than that, I will go through and use all my apps to try to see if I can't repair it for you. Rarely are you lucky and able to totally fix it, but perhaps you'll get lucky since the shape of the old cars is pretty straightforward it should be doable.