Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

Guest Mav1701

Open the editor (its a separate shortcut in the Start Menu under Wizardworks for 911:Fr and I assume sixteen tons for EM4:D)

It'll take a while to load.. when its loads the grid map, click on Modifications... and select La Mod 1.6 and click Yes.

It'll load for a while again and still be a grid map, but the Prototypes browser will load.

Click the Vehicles Tab, then select "04 LA TEC" from the menu.. it will show you all of the TEC vehciles in a list (towtruck, crane, engineer SUV, and USCG Jayhawk)

Click on the Jayhawk, then EDIT, then in the new window EDIT COMMANDS

New window, the LEFT side lists ALL commands in the game, the RIGHT side shows those assigned to the Jayhawk.

first, click on "Follow" on the Right Side, and then hit the <---- Arrow

Repeat for Evacuate (if you don't want it to be able to empty buildings like the police heli, it doesn't interfere with the rescue functions like Follow does)

Next scroll down the LEFT side and find EvacuatePerson, click it, and then click the -----> arrow

You could also potentially add FloodLightOn and FloodLightoff at this point - I have not tested this.

-----

Once you have the commands list as you want it, click OK on that window, and then on the main Jayhawk options Window. THIS SAVES THE CHANGES.

Close the edtior, if it asks you to save, click No.

BUGS:

all seen in multiplayer.

1. at the central bridge, on the HQ side, patrolling pd cars go the opposite way on the wrong road, causing traffic jams, as well as there being other places that get congested. just a heads up.

2. fd directional lights DO NOT work

3. crap, forgot some.

freeplay:

i think its just a game glitch, but when during a big fire at the northwestern deluxe map, i had an LAPD officer right next to the train tracks, and had him redirect traffic. when the train came, it STOPPED. then the shit hit the fan, as i had LOTS of other things going on and i had to DUSK it to get the train to blow up. then it came but at like 1 mph and the middle car was missing.

You can't call patrol cars or vehicle from an unit to a bridge.

It's an EM4 bug. It doesn't recognize the bridge as solid ground, only the water underneath and off course vehicles can't drive on water.

Guest killgame

i don't know if this was already said, but the bomb squad robot have a bug when a bomb explode.

the robot have not carcass and when her life is on 0, the robot don't move (normal) and the bomb squad men also. (he have the command for the robot and it's impossible to remove that)

Hmm #1.When I click on Goto Firestation with firetruck 1, it will open firetruck 2s gate and then open its own gate.

#2.The ownership of emergency dogs gets screwed up over a boat. On a missing person on the island mission, I sent 3 guys with there dogs, and after they got off there was only 2 dogs, and one was not working, the other one was linked to all the dog owners(they all controlled it a headache).

Hmm #1.When I click on Goto Firestation with firetruck 1, it will open firetruck 2s gate and then open its own gate.

#2.The ownership of emergency dogs gets screwed up over a boat. On a missing person on the island mission, I sent 3 guys with there dogs, and after they got off there was only 2 dogs, and one was not working, the other one was linked to all the dog owners(they all controlled it a headache).

Fire Engine 1 and 2 share 2 bays, because they're basicly the same vehicle with different looks.

In Freeplay, my game locks up any time I try to deploy the FBI Command vehicle. I've attempted this 8 times so far, and all 8 have resulted in the game crashing. It locks up when the unit info screen starts to drop down. I can see just the bottom of it starting to come down when it locks up.

-d

Why does the LA MOD MUTIPLAYER DOSENT Work!

Any details regarding your problem?

In Freeplay, my game locks up any time I try to deploy the FBI Command vehicle. I've attempted this 8 times so far, and all 8 have resulted in the game crashing. It locks up when the unit info screen starts to drop down. I can see just the bottom of it starting to come down when it locks up.

-d

Can you upload your logfile after another crash for me? :)

Guest Mav1701
Fire Engine 1 and 2 share 2 bays, because they're basicly the same vehicle with different looks.

I think he's saying that the engine opens both bays when it returns

Can you upload your logfile after another crash for me? :)

Last few lines.. this was after I tried to deploy a Motorcycle unit. Locked up as soon as the unit info screen began to drop down into view.

Freeplay: car accident attachment found

Freeplay: car accident found

!Animation dlk_basket_down is no longer valid

!Animation dlk_basket_up is no longer valid

!Animation dlk_basket_down is no longer valid

!Animation dlk_basket_up is no longer valid

|Vision Core: Resized memory for Entities to 3025 kB.

!Fire station alarm

|Loading Model mod:\Models\Objects\Equipment\emcase.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 104 vertices, 96 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

set animation open

set animation open

set animation open

set animation open

set animation open

|Vision Core: Resized memory for Entities to 3043 kB.

?SpawnPoint "firecheck11" is blocked.

?SpawnPoint "taxi_beach01_taxi": Assigned path "traffic_car02" is blocked.

?SpawnPoint "taxi_supermarket01_taxi": Assigned path "traffic_car05" is blocked.

?SpawnPoint "firecheck22": Assigned path "taxi_town04_waiter" is blocked.

|Loading Model mod:Models\Objects\Misc\empty.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 32 vertices, 12 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

Guest Stukov

I don't know if this is something you're concerned with, but in the deluxe mission 2 (the earthquake one), I could not get the bulldozer to unload off the transport. I tried restarting the game, reloading the mod, etc. Didn't work. I then tried it with just the normal unmodded version and it worked fine. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I figured I'd let you know.

Well, this is not realy a bug. But when we use the empty fire station command, everyone clears the fire station. (and that's what it is suposed to do)

So this is like a request. I usualy have one engineer in the fire station, and other at the police station, in order to have my cars fixed!

Could you make the empty fire station script apply only to firefighters and ambulance crew?

Or could you make sth like what you did in the FBI truck. Units get healed inside the fire station(s) and police parking spaces.

Guest mfddan

It was asked earlier in this topic but I didn't see a reply. I have also experienced this problem.

When you dispatch an ambulance parked in the 3rd spot, The crew can't enter the rig and they end up running outside the fire station to the back. The rig leaves without the crew.

I sometimes had the problem of the wrong door, but that was usually after a large station emptying fire, where everyone was enroute and then there is a jam, leaving one, unable to get in... could be my fault tho, but even after the jam was over, I would have to open the front doors and he would back in

Guest SeanTate

A Few Bugs to be checked out, mainly happening in MP Games of LAM...

Negotiators: Only the Host can Conduct Proper Negotiations? ALSO Either the Host Negotiating or Another Player attempting to negotiate can cause a crash of the game? Should be checked out

Fire Department: Aerial Ladder Trucks ALSO Only properly commandable by Host, Should be checked out

Federal Beaurau of Investigation: Only Host can Properly Purchase Federal Agents with the F.B.I. Command Vehicle, Should be Checked out (On a Personal note: I Think Federal Agents should also be Assigned to the "Assign Unit to Vehicle Purchase Screen" with The Unmarked Crown Victoria) Another bug with F.B.I. It seems as if and I dont know if its just one person but sometimes people can expirence a CTD if FBI Vehicles Are purchased... (CTD: Crash to Desktop) Also Should be Checked out

This last one is a Reccomendation, Not a Bug Report, but I think the LAFD Hazmat Tent should Be able to Have Multiple Victims Deconned at the same time and also if Some HAZMAT Units are stationed inside of the Tent It should make delousing go faster depending on how many HAZMAT Operatives are sitting inside.

Might of found a mission bug. In the broken levee mission, I can't get the Jayhawks to pick people off the roofs at all. The only one I can pick up is the injured person that is already laying down. I've tried it several times and so far have been unable to rescue the people. I am pretty sure it prevent the mission from being completed as well, because you can only rescue so many people off the roofs with the boats at that point.

-d