Newfoundking

Guess the Emergency Vehicle Challenge

Alright my turn.

What Police Department?

This will be hard, but i will provide you few hints:

Study the Paint theme, the uniform, the light bar, and carefully study the Area. Also it's in California.

Not hard at all, Long Beach PD. Only one who has that writing on the door and edge bar.

Heh, time for something that will be rather difficult indeed. In fact, it took me nearly 3 years to figure this one out and I'm the one who TOOK the darn pic! Since so many of you like yellow engines, here ya go!

EmergGame-1.jpg

This engine responded to a forest fire in 2002 in the Cleveland National Forest in Southern California and I'll even help you out by saying that the decal on the side says E-4 and no, it is NOT an OES rig and that it is not part of the department of the engine next to it. This was taken in staging that had about, hmm, roughly 300 engines in it at that time from all over the US.

Mike

Damn it looks like California Office of Emergency Services's Firetruck but it's not....

Silicon Valley Firetruck?

Nope.

I want to say somewhere around mid america...

Nope.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say U.S. Air Force

Good guess actually, but nope. The Engine next to it is from MCAS Mirarmar though and there were even quite a few engines from as far away as Army bases like Fort Irwin. When we throw a BBQ, everybody comes to play!

So... y'all throw in the towel? I've got another pic that's less challenging and from the same fire.

EmergGame-2.jpg

This engine responded to the same forest fire in 2002 in the Cleveland National Forest in Southern California as the last one and should be a bit easier due to the distinctive logos and visible lic plate, but has an interesting back story about it.

The original one that no one guessed was actually Engine 4 from the Federal Fire Department - San Diego which is the largest DoD fire department. Covering the Naval facilities in San Diego and surrounding areas, they also respond to all major incidents and mutual aid in California.

Mike

San Mateo County?
I'm gonna guess and say BIA, but I'm probably worng since I only went on the paint scheme and not the logo.

Nope and Nope... the key is the Lic plate... it's definitely not a federal or a California license plate. There are very few states that allow blue and red on fire apparatus.

somewhere in Nevada

Somewhere in Nevada is going to have to be good enough I guess :) Indeed, it is from the small Storey County Fire Department in Nevada! There was a screw up in the ordering system and someone put in the wrong fire department code and requested them. The problem was that when they got to the incident, the CHP went apoleptic!!! The officers demanded that the firefighters cover their lightbar because only Law enforcement can use blue in this state and it became a huge scene. The only exception to that rule, I learned, is during a declared major disaster. Since this was just a normal 70k acre fire, it wasn't declared as such. Eventually the boys from Storey county were given a nice meal, a hot shower, a full tank of gas and told thank you, but please go home. I'll never forget the shock on everyones faces when the red and blue lights were going off and damned if it wasn't a freaking old fire truck coming into base camp!

I'm 0 for 2 now, so you can take it agentsmith :)

You are correct sir! :1046275747_biggthumpup: how did you figure it out?
Major Buff :P

heh, not really. I fought fires in Australia and even went to NZ a few times and their paint scheme is very definitive. Was simple googling after that.

So i tried 2 Fire, lets try some law enforcement

EmergGame-3.jpg