Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Guest francismori7

In V1.7, you should include child objects, like, little squares, so, in the editor, you could add more (solid) lights to cars without being obligated to modify the model ;)

I would personally like those "squares" to be included so I could "modify" a bit the unmarked patrol car, add more lights in the dash, like this video:

Is it possible to add something so that when you send all cars at patrol they go different? Like.. whenever I start I like send out 10 Cars so they all line up, and when I click patrol on all of them one by one and I don't want one like Car 2 go the same way Car 1 went. this takes up time as I want the cars to be spread out.

Guest francismori7
Is it possible to add something so that when you send all cars at patrol they go different? Like.. whenever I start I like send out 10 Cars so they all line up, and when I click patrol on all of them one by one and I don't want one like Car 2 go the same way Car 1 went. this takes up time as I want the cars to be spread out.

Same for me.

just wait a while to send the next one on patrol or select one car and then select the patrol command again and it should take another path

That's exactly what i do lmao. It might take a bit longer, but its easier. and if you send out two at once, if you click patrol a couple times, it should turn around.

That's exactly what i do lmao. It might take a bit longer, but its easier. and if you send out two at once, if you click patrol a couple times, it should turn around.

yeah its annoying but i usually just send 3 or 4 out so its not that bad

i think the grille lights for the unmarked crown vic should be changed to red and blue and back dash units should be added to all police units i tried to do it myself but i dont know how to get rid of the blue lights and how do u make lights

I just have a few realism suggestions. I would really like to see the steady-burn lights to be able to be operated independently of the regular emergency lights, as I've seen this on several cop reality shows in CA where instead of leaving all the lights on, they just keep the steady-burns on. I would also like to see maybe like the ability for paramedics to get some type of turnout gear or a helmet (correct me if I'm wrong mike, but aren't firefighters in LA paramedics or at least EMT's?)

Guest lord_bonev
I would like a feature where paramedics can call for a coroner if their patient is dead, because it dosen't make sense to transport a dead person to the hospital "Code 3" or even transport the person to the hospital in general.

It look good :)

Guest emcal

Here are some ideas (not all mine) i would like to see in the game if possible. I know most of these are nearly impossible but if anyone can do it its got to be hopper! :1046276086_Hail: :23_31_4: :

A:) If its possible have ladder trucks without the platforms and have firemen clime the ladders when ordered to

B:) Have ground ladders that firemen can equip

C:) Have bigger fights between policemen and suspects and let multiple police units join the fight to help restrain the suspect quicker

D:) Add more stun weapons such as tasers and pepper spray

E:)Have missions with riots and rampages (especially in freeplay mode as you have riot police that never get used)

F:)Mounted police!!!!

G:)Bike police!!!!

Cant think of much else!

In Miami have bike police not in Los Angeles. The motor is better from bike wink.gif Did you see in LA bike police?

/shakes my head.

Yes, there are bike units in LA. I've seen them. Motorbikes, and pedal bikes.

Guest lord_bonev
/shakes my head.

Yes, there are bike units in LA. I've seen them. Motorbikes, and pedal bikes.

Ok, but there is no so used or wrong?

Guest Panicxz

I don't know if it this has been done already but, it'd be great if it had like a sirens menu where you could choose what siren to use.

If there are any commands for adding sirens or anything like that, please let me know.

I would like a feature where paramedics can call for a coroner if their patient is dead, because it dosen't make sense to transport a dead person to the hospital "Code 3" or even transport the person to the hospital, they should just go back to HQ and go to the morgue. And the coroner can do that.

good idea

i was wondering why not? maybe take the chp charger out and replace it with this grey undercover charger. i mean the chp vic is enough for chp now that we have the lapd charger. i think this is a great idea.

yeah an unmarked charger should replace the unmarked lapd crown vic it is outdated and would be alot cooler to see ingame

Guest Battalion 1

Instead of the rescue dog handler, what about a K9 unit for LAPD. The dog could run after the suspects who run, and also track them down.

Also how about a charger for the EMS supervisor. Let the ems supervisor be able to call for other ambulances and mass casualty units.

Instead of the rescue dog handler, what about a K9 unit for LAPD. The dog could run after the suspects who run, and also track them down.

Also how about a charger for the EMS supervisor. Let the ems supervisor be able to call for other ambulances and mass casualty units.

This has been discussed before. I think Hoppah is working on it for a future version, but I'm not sure.

Before I start my reply, I'd like to repeat something from the LA Mod FAQ and the Front page of this thread:

What is the LA mod?

The mod replaces almost all vehicles with new, highly detailed and accurate models.

and

One tip: Think about the suggestions you're about to post. Do research. You can't just post everything that came across your mind!

What does this mean? It means that above all else, Hoppah has said from the very beginning that he wants to keep the LA Mod accurate and realistic above all else. There are a few fictional units he has added because he thinks they are nifty or that they are needed for the game, and that is his prerogative. But for the most part, Realistic and Realism are defined as: portraying an object like it is in everyday life. In this case, we're talking about everyday life in Los Angeles. Please keep that in mind.

Now then, in regards to more Dodge Chargers

As mentioned multiple times before, there are no chargers used by the City of Los Angeles Police or Fire Departments. As of right now, only the smaller municipal departments are slowly rolling them out, but they are still a rarity in this area. LAPD has a few chargers for testing, but it may be as long as 2 years before the first ones are purchased for street duty, and none are in the 2009 budget.

Maybe we can add this car?(A):

An umarked charger would actually look really good.
i was wondering why not? maybe take the chp charger out and replace it with this grey undercover charger. i mean the chp vic is enough for chp now that we have the lapd charger. i think this is a great idea.
good idea

yeah an unmarked charger should replace the unmarked lapd crown vic it is outdated and would be alot cooler to see ingame

In regards to the unmarked charger, Topfuzz, What do you mean by outdated? As of todays date, all unmarked LAPD cars are crown vics. To me that sounds like the crown vics are up to date and contemporary. In the future we might see undercover chargers, and the CHP is looking at using them for that duty, but for now, the Crown Vic is still the current car of service in the fleets. As cool as having a blinky light brigade charger might or might not be, as nifty as the videos of other cars may or may not be, and as much as you'd love to see cars you are familiar with in your home town or area, remember the first principal of realism and functionality.

The Camaro was replaced because the model needed to be redone and the game needed a special car to replace it, so Hoppah took the time to create and add the charger to fill that until the camaro can be properly addressed.

To just replace the unmarked crown vic, which is the current vehicle in service with an unmarked charger, which isn't used by the LAPD at all isn't the right direction.

As said above, the EMS Captains drive crown vics, the LAFD has NO intention of purchasing chargers at all. There is current discussion to give the EMS Captains hand me down SUVs once the new ones are in service, but even that has been met with issues due to the wear and tear on the SUVs already.

---

Now for some other stuff

In V1.7, you should include child objects, like, little squares, so, in the editor, you could add more (solid) lights to cars without being obligated to modify the model ;)

I would personally like those "squares" to be included so I could "modify" a bit the unmarked patrol car, add more lights in the dash, like this video:

Since Hoppah didn't address this, neat video, freaking blinding ass car, but remember this is the LA Mod. There is a reason Hoppah has locked the models, and made it the way he has. I believe his words before was that he didn't want thousands of people modifying his work for various reasons, but wanted them to be happy with the hard work and effort he and his team have put forth. This is not the Do-It-Yourself mod, this is not the How-Many-Lights-Can-We-make mod, nor is this the Make-Your-Own-Home-Town mod. This is the LA Mod. You are more then welcome to edit and change anything you want for your personal use according to his previous statements, but that is not the goal nor priority he has set.

I just have a few realism suggestions. I would really like to see the steady-burn lights to be able to be operated independently of the regular emergency lights, as I've seen this on several cop reality shows in CA where instead of leaving all the lights on, they just keep the steady-burns on.

This is correct, more often then not, PD will just sit there with the red and blue steadys on. They will rarely (usually by accident) drive in this mode though, and most fleets tie it to some type of rear flasher as well. That's why if it isn't set up that way in 1.6, 1.7 will have it so that they will be a special light so they are activated when you turn on the arrow bar. This will allow the unit to sit with the arrow bar on, steady burns on, no other emergency lights on, and when it drives off, both will turn off.

I would also like to see maybe like the ability for paramedics to get some type of turnout gear or a helmet (correct me if I'm wrong mike, but aren't firefighters in LA paramedics or at least EMT's?)

You are correct again. All LAFD and LACoFD Firefighters are trained to at least the EMT Level. Most, and I stress MOST, Paramedics are Fire rated. For a long time, there was a group of Paramedics in the LAFD that were not fire rated and were known as Single-Function Resources. They were JUST paramedics with no firefighting training. For the last, oh... god, what, 10 years now(?) SFRs have dwindled significantly to the point where they're a rarity in the department. They are characterized by distinctive BLUE helmets versus the yellow helmet with tiny PARAMEDIC label on it.

While this has been discussed and thought over quite a bit, so far a solution to the Paramedic issue hasn't come up yet. Maybe someone can suggest one? The problem lies in being able to tell the difference between the paramedic and the standard firefighter by looking at it. In the LAFD the only visbile difference is a very small tag on the side of the helmets that would not be visible in game.

You bassically have the following men and women right now.

1) Standard firefighter in turnout gear - Trained to EMT level, has ability to Stabilize

2) SCBA Firefighter in turnout gear - Trained to EMT level, has ability to stabilize and is wearing SCBA

3) Paramedic - has the ability to heal

4) EMT - has the ability stabilize and transport via stretcher

Eventually what I'd like to see would be

1) Standard firefighter in turnout gear - Trained to EMT level, has ability to Stabilize

2) SCBA Firefighter in turnout gear - Trained to EMT level, has ability to stabilize and is wearing SCBA

3) Paramedic - has the ability to heal

4) Paramedic in Turnout Gear/SCBA - Has the ability to heal and fight fires with SCBA but is noticeably different visually. Problems would be when you select all firefighters to attack a building, they would not be selected. One thing NO one wants is for all firefighters to be able to turn into medics and vice versa.

4) EMT - has the ability stabilize and transport via stretcher

5) EMS Captain - Wears the EMS captain uniform (orange helmet with EM# on side), turnout or brush jacket, and uniform pants. Has the ability to call for additional Units.

I would like a feature where paramedics can call for a coroner if their patient is dead, because it doesn't make sense to transport a dead person to the hospital "Code 3" or even transport the person to the hospital, they should just go back to HQ and go to the morgue. And the coroner can do that.

Paramedics in Los Angeles do not call for a coroner. You are correct in saying that it makes no sense to transport a deceased person back to the hospital and that is why there is a coroner in the game. LA Protocols are that if a person is declared deceased, they then determine if they feel it is suspicious or not. If suspicious they notify dispatch and request Police to respond. If they suspect it to be natural causes, they notify dispatch who then makes all of the appropriate notifications including the Los Angeles County Coroners office.

One of the main tenants of the game is that YOU are the dispatcher. When you have a dead body, you pull up the appropriate menu and send the coroner to the call as needed just like in real life.

One other thing to note is that you cannot call units from off map, like a tow truck or a Coroners van. It takes a couple of extra clicks, but it's not hard to send the tow and the coroner to the incident.

In Miami have bike police not in Los Angeles. The motor is better from bike ;) Did you see in LA bike police?

As stated in my signature: Misinformation is wrong or inaccurate information that is erroneous and can result from ignorance.

LAPD has a very large Bicycle Patrol program run out of the Metropolitan Bureau that can be found throughout most of LA's denser areas. From the business districts of the Wilshire area, to Venice Beach, to Hollywood, and Ventura Blvd. We are blessed in LA of having nice weather almost all year round that allows for bicycle patrols to work in heavy pedestrian areas where vehicles cannot.