Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest MonkeySquasher

You know Hoppah, I'm sure somebody's already brought this up, but...

Have you ever contacted 16Tons or Atari? Shown them your work? This is fantastic. And it seems your mods have just as big of a following as the actual game. I've shown your mod to some of the people I work with, they think it's wonderful, and they're surprised it's not the actual game.

Why aren't you working with a company to produce a game like this? I'm sure you'd like to make a little money off of it, and you'd have an actual team and equipment to use for it. Hell, in a few years, you could be designing your own games.

And I'm not blowing smoke up your ass or anything. I really think this is nice work, and I just don't know how a company hasn't seen this and snatched you up for a nice salary. haha

The simple fact is this is a hobby for us, if we did this day in day out chances are high we'd kill ourselves... To be totally honest with you, we're just too "questionable" in our loyalties for most companies to even consider hiring us, it does not matter whether or not we do good work or not, the problem is that in between of putting out things that count we'd be rather lazy. Thus why it is pursued in the hobby genre instead of as a career objective.

I don't think even Hoppah is a heavy coder and modelers are a dime a dozen to be frank, so most of what we do that ya'll love so much is remedial to people who actually do the game, we just work within the limits of what we are provided, they actually go through and try to make software work within a deadline, something we don't like to do... so they see that as a problem I am sure...

So ya just have to put up with us as a hobby not as career oriented modders=)

lol I was wondering the same but then I thought "Nah, they wouldn't like having to work with deadlines and they do it just for a hobby." Great that you'll integrate the mission patch in the next version, Hoppah. I think that'll solve the problem of incompatible files when playing online. :)

i know this may sound funny so feel free to laugh but in editor i sort of accidently overited the freeplay map with the freeplay texture is there a way to fix this cause right now i can not play freeplay.

Thanks,

Jab16

Here's what you do. In the mods folder, take your modded LD mod and move the folder to the desktop or something. Now install a fresh copy or the LA mod. Move the unmodded LA mod out and put your modded LA mod back in the mods folder. Keep the unchanged LA mod somewhere and use it for backup. Just copy and paste the files you want to recover. This way you have a fresh copy of the La mod ready for backup.

Here's what you do. In the mods folder, take your modded LD mod and move the folder to the desktop or something. Now install a fresh copy or the LA mod. Move the unmodded LA mod out and put your modded LA mod back in the mods folder. Keep the unchanged LA mod somewhere and use it for backup. Just copy and paste the files you want to recover. This way you have a fresh copy of the La mod ready for backup.

I do that as well as keep a modded folder on my desktop. All I do is before I decide to start messing mine up a little I copy it and put it in the folder so I don't completly loose everything that I have done this far. It also helps when you are adding and subtracting and you get lost. I love it.

- Jon

Hello.

I just want to thank for a really great mod to the EM3,EM4,911.

Have played the games, and the mod for a wile now. An i like to say that i love it.

Specially your LA-mod. I love that more then the orginal game ;-)

Love from Norway

The Soviet made Mil V-12 (Also referred to as the Mi-12, NATO reporting name "Homer") is the largest helicopter ever built. The name "Mi-12" would have been the name for the production helicopter. Since the V-12 never went into production and only two prototypes were built, the name "Mi-12" was never adopted.

theres my proof that thats fake (besides you can see it in the vid cause the inside of the helicopters from the Yotel.)

i just posted it cause in the article they said lafd would use it as a mobile command. i could not imagine how hard it would be to UV map it

Guest Dutchtalent

Hi there,

Thank you for adding this wonderfull stuff to EM4!

I've got a question: in freeplay endless game, I pick up a wounded woman from a building with a ladder wagon, however, after entering the building, picking up the woman with a fireman and getting down again, the fireman with the wounded woman can't leave the basket of the ladder wagon. So I can't treat her and bring her to hospital. What to do?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Welcome to the Forums first off, secondly,

As for your problems with the ladder truck, it should just be as simple as walking in the basket, picking her up and tell the firefighter to get in the basket, and then to some place on the ground, and drop the woamn for treatment.

Try it again, see if it happens again, if so, go to the LA mod bugs section and report it, if not, then it was probably a one time glitch

Hope this helps you a bit,

Newfoundking

Guest killgame

Hi,

I have seen the "suggestions" topic is closed.

But i have one (or two) suggestions for the LA mod. I think this suggestions are good.

1) Hoppah do you think it's possible to add gas grenades for police officers? Like flash grenade. It's more realist for demonstrations events.

2) Can you make LAPD officers with helmet for demonstrations events? (and with more life than a normal officer)

I'm sorry if you don't appreciate that i post my questions here. :sorrysign:

(and i don't want to create new post for one question one answer, i think you understand)