Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

hi hoppah. i ahve a question regarding another button/vcmdcommand. is it possible to in the futur updates, somehow allow both the spot lights and the directional lights on a vehicle turn on independantly, instead of both being speacial lights? and this might be asking a little much, but a rear deck light or warning light(maybe 2 led flashers on each lightbar to the rear) command so we dont need the full lightbar going or the directional lights. thanks and hope this is a good idea. let me know if its possible thanks.

Guest MonkeySquasher
The idea is good, but it's not possible to add that.

At least, not in an easy way.

Hoppah

Yeah, wouldn't it involve basically splitting every light into a separate light, then scripting them one by one?

And maybe 6 months later we could have selectable lights? lol

It would be sweet though.. *thumbs up*

Guest melvindegroot

Hoppah i really love your mod. I know it isnt the right place but i had a question, Did you ever consider to put next to the Fire chief car ( Empty spot on the left ) A EMS chief car?

Hoppah i really love your mod. I know it isnt the right place but i had a question, Did you ever consider to put next to the Fire chief car ( Empty spot on the left ) A EMS chief car?

If you want it you can add it in the editor, i believe

If you want it you can add it in the editor, i believe

You can, but it wont work like the chiefs car because of all the scripts involved.

You can, but it wont work like the chiefs car because of all the scripts involved.

learn how to script. hehe :laugh:

Yeah, wouldn't it involve basically splitting every light into a separate light, then scripting them one by one?

And maybe 6 months later we could have selectable lights? lol

It would be sweet though.. *thumbs up*

unless i dont understand your comment thoroughly, i dont think that it would take splitting every single light. i mean, its been done beofore with the traffic advisor/spot light command. why not have a 3rd command for lights? please dont take this as an arguement, just as a debate.

Edited by Lithium
Merged posts

Guest MonkeySquasher
unless i dont understand your comment thoroughly, i dont think that it would take splitting every single light. i mean, its been done beofore with the traffic advisor/spot light command. why not have a 3rd command for lights? please dont take this as an arguement, just as a debate.

No, none offense taken. I actually know very little about models, and even less about lighting. I just figured, if you wanted direct control over all the lights, you'd have to split them up individually. But like I said, I don't actually KNOW about lighting or how you attach it to the vehicle model.

well it is all done in editor, under EDIT, LIGHTS then you just place as you see fit, take a little learning, but I won't go into explaining that now

thats not quite what we are talking about. i dont know if you read my reply above where i asked if instead of the directional lights and the spot lights being both special lights could we have 3 types of special lights so they all dont work on 2 different commands but that is the main question here. im sure it is quite difficult, and maybe i should request that in the em5 suggestions topic but i was just wondering if it was possible, tahts all. thanks

Hello. Just like to thank Hoppah for making this great mod. I've been playing it for quite some time now. Hoppah deserves a good break. Looking forward to what you have in store.

:welcome:

Guest Twix623
Off topic, but have you been modding the Empire Total War demo?

You can't mod demos. They are demos for a reason, and there are no dev tools available for demoed games.

You can't mod demos. They are demos for a reason, and there are no dev tools available for demoed games.

Actually, you can. You would have to mod it like a normal game, just smaller. I dont know if it works with all though. :1046275767_ugly:

Sorry to sound like a smartass but I have a modded version of it on my computer, people on the Total War forums unpacked the files and edited them. Made the US playable on a tutorial map and added defenses. Pretty cool stuff some of the devoted modders their figured out.

well to reskin people in the emergency 4 game, it is the same as reskinning a vehicle, sort of... you open the dds, and make whatever changes you want, then save (change back to DDS if you changed it away) and you are good to go. Basically if you can reskin vehicles, people aren't that hard.

Going along with the program theme is there a special program required to re skin people like in the la mod?

Thanks,

Jab16

1. Download a program which converts .dds textures to jpegs or pngs. (I recommend DDS Converter 2)

2. Convert the files you want to change. (dont forget to backup the originals!!!~)

3. Open them with Paint or Photoshop.

4. Edit.

5. Convert them back to .dds textures, and replace them in the proper directory.

:schreiben:

Bama1234

NYC Submod

Guest shaunylad

Hey Guys.

Im having difficulties Downloading the mod. Either the page just doesnt load or I get a 500 error (internal server error). Any way round this?