Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

"Mirror Site: A Web site that is a replica of an already existing site, used to reduce network traffic (hits on a server) or improve the availability of the original site. Mirror sites are useful when the original site generates too much traffic for a single server to support."

In this case it's a file and not a site, but you'll get the point.

Los Angeles Mod v1.6 is hosted on 2 different servers this time.

One link goes to our primary (or main) download server, the other (the mirror) to another server.

This reduces traffic. Both links are identical. It depends on the current amount of traffic which one is faster.

Guest tower47

yea thats why i checked. It turns out that the main was going to take 3 hours and the 2nd one would only take about an hour. also GREAT JOB on the mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1046275747_biggthumpup: :smoke:

yea thats why i checked. It turns out that the mainwas going to take 3 hours and the 2nd one would only take about an hour. also GREAT JOB on the mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1046275747_biggthumpup: :smoke:
Yeah I had the Main about 75% done after like an hour and a half, and then it wouldn't download anymore, I'm going to try my luck with the mirror.

Guest francismori7
Yeah I had the Main about 75% done after like an hour and a half, and then it wouldn't download anymore, I'm going to try my luck with the mirror.

Try with a torrent client; like uTorrent, always shows at how much your are downloading. Some like FF or IE will not show if you are going under 3 KB/s.

Hi all. I have some great news:

Los Angeles Mod v1.6!

Main server: *Download 1.6*

Server 2: *Download 1.6*

Size: 177 MB

Hey Hoppah,

I'm downloading v1.6 as I'm typing this message, great work! Just have a small remark: when you go to the main server it does say LA MOD v1.6 only once you check it says it's added on august 23th 2006. So I was just wandering if that really is v1.6 or still v1.5 'cause the date and description haven't changed?

Thanks for all the hard work (also to the other modders that worked on this project).

greetz,

What's the name of the .zip file?

I just changed the link to the .zip file. I didn't add it as a new download.

the zipfile is indeed states v_1.6, so I guess that answers the question.

Thanks! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Guest francismori7
i love the new 1.6 . the only thing that im not a huge fan of is: the slicktop has less lights then the undercover.

I modded it and now, the rear lights are flashing, like real cars. Brakelights are flashing, backing lights are flashing. Front lights does a radiation on the floor, they're really nice. I should make a video. ;D

like real cars

Nope, you're wrong. :1046275873_shakehead:

Ask Mikesphotos about the LAPD Slicktops and where they are used for in real life.

But let me quote a conversation with him instead:

mountain1 - MikesPhotos.us: LOL they can bitch, but the fact is, thats all we have is the 1 solid to the front and the bar or two little halogens in the rar.

mountain1 - MikesPhotos.us: we just arent a blinky light brigade town

mountain1 - MikesPhotos.us: Thats it, just headlight flashers, 1 solid red, and 1 amber, 1 blue on the rear deck, or an LED traffic advisor

mountain1 - MikesPhotos.us: They're very non descript simply because they're used mostly by anti-gang units, accident investigators and such.

mountain1 - MikesPhotos.us: http://mikesphotos.us/albums/EVENTS-AIRSHO...l_030.sized.jpg

Now, it's up to others to decide who is more reliable. Someone from Quebec or someone from Los Angeles!

I am done with this crap. People whining, people complaining, people being stupid, people thinking they know better. :angry: