bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

I think when you used the dispatcher or chief to dispatch units it would play a short "tone". If there was some way to set the max number of times it could be played in a minute or something so you could click multiple times/dispatch multiple units and the tone would only go off once.

Or you could just have a button to play the tones like the Brooklyn Mod, and then still call the volunteers the same way we do now, so that those who don't want to hear tones every time they dispatch a unit out they don't have to...

It's all personal preference.

This was my personal thought as well use this way to activate the pagers and the la mod feature on the atation box to allow you to actvate the house siren

Try re-installing the mod and re-downloading if that doesn't work. So far you're the only one reporting a CTD. Also make sure you're not replacing files in the old Montana Mod folder, this mod needs to have its own separate folder in the directory.

Will take care of that traffic issue and missing doors/lights in a patch. 

The PD impala etc. are not supposed to be in the mod, as was stated. If you guys see any leftover units marked as Chester County, they shouldn't be there. Will make sure to delete those. 

Glad everyone is enjoying it so far, minus the bugs here and there  :laugh:

It can be hes graphic setings to if he has nvidia so the guy that had CTD Please msg me and i can maybe help you if i have time.

In some states such as PA fire department have personal who are fire police. There job is to control traffic, keep the apparatus secure, keep people back.

You can read more here http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_police

Some times fire police get called to close a. Road or do traffic control when the lights are out. In saxonburg case they have Squad 15-2 to respond with. There a photo of it at the end of last year's fireman paradem

thanks man it really helped me!

Two words for this mod....Relay...Pumping. Not having the ability to go engine to engine to ladder or just engine to engine is kinda making it hard to get a water supply.  Really low amount of hydrants had me taking tankers up and down the road to unaffected hydrants to refill then I would return to the scene. If I ran a engine from the hydrant and up to another engine and then to the attack truck that would be great. The image below had me cutting down bushes to lay down a supply line to a attack engine so they could do the interior attack. 

f7EpyEp.jpg

Two words for this mod....Relay...Pumping. Not having the ability to go engine to engine to ladder or just engine to engine is kinda making it hard to get a water supply.  Really low amount of hydrants had me taking tankers up and down the road to unaffected hydrants to refill then I would return to the scene. If I ran a engine from the hydrant and up to another engine and then to the attack truck that would be great. The image below had me cutting down bushes to lay down a supply line to a attack engine so they could do the interior attack. 

Hoppah didn't make the engine to engine connection possible. I have been looking into this feature, but have come to a dead end due to my lack of scripting knowledge. Only Hoppah himself could rewrite the code to allow engine to engine connections.

It isn't just a matter of editing the attachfirehose script to allow player to connect to another engine (from one) but one needs to edit the WaterSupplyFreeplay script. And that is quite hard due to all the algorithms and calculations done by it. Even though its simply multiplication and a lot of integral division to get the value of the water in the tank, one would also need to work out all the necessary conditions required to allow engine to engine connections.

It isn't easy. It can be done though.

Hoppah didn't make the engine to engine connection possible. I have been looking into this feature, but have come to a dead end due to my lack of scripting knowledge. Only Hoppah himself could rewrite the code to allow engine to engine connections.

It isn't just a matter of editing the attachfirehose script to allow player to connect to another engine (from one) but one needs to edit the WaterSupplyFreeplay script. And that is quite hard due to all the algorithms and calculations done by it. Even though its simply multiplication and a lot of integral division to get the value of the water in the tank, one would also need to work out all the necessary conditions required to allow engine to engine connections.

It isn't easy. It can be done though.

Yah I was reading the water supply script and all I could say is wow, I personally did my own edits made the engines and tankers larger and longer and then edited their tank amount( I know I didn't have to make them bigger but wanted realistic gameplay and couldn't see an engine that big holding 2000gals or the tanker holding 7500gals) and hydrant wise I think its the perfect amount for a raual area. And on the cutting the bushes that's called improvising something done a lot in the fire service, so nice job on that.

A working fire in rural areas here will get a tanker task force to establish water supply. That's a 6,000 gallon nurse tanker, 4 additional standard sized tankers, and an engine for the draft site. You also have an additional 2 tankers already assigned on initial dispatch. So you'll  have roughly 18,000 gallons of water being hauled in by tanker, and it's very very hard to keep big water flowing at these incidents, and we're surrounded by water, but it's too shallow and too silty to draft close to many sites. The lack of relay pumping can be very realistic.

Hmmm... so here's an idea:

Would it be possible to start off by purchasing X amount of volunteers, and then from there they would always respond to the alarm? And maybe there could be a default number of volunteers you could start off with, say 8 or so? Then, once you sound the alarm, they would all filter in, and from there you could utilize them how you see fit... and then have something where you can shut off the alarm, and/or step it down, and those volunteers that aren't at the station yet return to where they were? I think that would be an awesome idea, and a bit more realistic. Thoughts?

Personally, I think the random number would be more annoying than fun. Imagine a fully involved structure and you get 3 firefighters, when you want every hand on deck. Wouldn't that be a pain in the ass?

That's why the control panel calls one at a time so that the player can choose how many one wants.

OR people could try using the battalion chief call script that calls the exact amount necessary for each vehicle.

Personally, I think the random number would be more annoying than fun. Imagine a fully involved structure and you get 3 firefighters, when you want every hand on deck. Wouldn't that be a pain in the ass?

Ive fought a house fire with 3 people vary intresting and as you said a pain

sent from my samsung galaxy s4 mini

Ive fought a house fire with 3 people vary intresting and as you said a pain

sent from my samsung galaxy s4 mini

Same

@NFK It would be a pain ,however realism is the point of this mod to a certain extent (I believe) and having random numbers of people show up is the essence of a volly department. I've had 12+ firefighters respond to a brush fire less than one acre and had 3 firefighters respond to a structure fire with occupant inside. Yes its a pain but so is

Limited Water Supply

Only one medic unit on map

Small amounts of PD on map

Waiting for volunteers to arrive before you can roll trucks

Rural emergency services is all about "pain" lol