bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

41 minutes ago, Newfoundking said:

Original version as in the pre-missionmod version? Yes, it was replaced by the updated version, EmP doesn't have a file on our site for the older version. I'm not sure if Itchboy or Bama1234 would have a local copy on their drives they'd be willing to release on an unsupported version, but likely not. I know with previous mods once updates are made, the old version isn't available any more. I remember with this mod there was a script stack issue that would cause significant lag after long playtimes, which I don't know if it was ever fixed in the public version prior to release of this version. 

Version 1.2 is available on the German Forums. V2.0/V2.0.1 isn't really anywhere to my knowledge. 

On 5/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, itchboy said:

I've been looking too and so far didn't find much.

I did see some youtube videos that showed their POV's as having only front/rear lighting and very basic setups. I also found another response video where no siren was audible however it is not conclusive proof of sirens not being allowed.

If I were to interpret the law literally, POV's are only allowed red lights. The statute lists nothing on siren amps and it could be interpreted as "beyond the scope of the law" or it's a legal loophole.

Maybe somoene from the state can confirm.

There is a firefighter in Montana. I talked to him on YouTube, and he said that POVS are not emergency vehicles, the red POV lights are just courtesy, they can't break any road rules, and no one has to stop for them. I know that the MPFD Fire Chief has a red rotating light and s siren on his pickup. Is it a POV too? Because if it is, it still won't count as an emergency vehicle. 

N150CZ - YouTube

You can check him out here.

On 6/11/2023 at 7:35 PM, Sangmi said:

Back from another long hiatus from the forums to give my interpretation of Montana statutes, cause I'm weird. 

Montana vehicle code 61-9-227 seems to imply that not having a siren is what differentiates a volunteer firefighter's POV from an authorized emergency vehicle. (61-9-227. Blinker-type or revolving red light on certain private vehicles -- use -- identification card, MCA (mt.gov))

Montana vehicle code 61-9-401 "Horns, Security Alarms, and Warning Devices" describes the conditions for use of a siren as this. (61-9-401. Horns, security alarms, and warning devices, MCA (mt.gov))

So, I dug a little more. I found Montana code 61-8-102, which provides a definition.. of a definition of what Montana considers an authorized emergency vehicle. (61-8-102. Uniformity of interpretation -- definitions, MCA (mt.gov))

However, the statute that specifies a volunteer firefighter being permitted a light on the front or top of his vehicle does seem to provide a description that wouldn't allow the vehicle to meet the conditions for having a siren and being classified as an emergency vehicle. Montana code 61-9-402 describes the signaling equipment for an authorized emergency vehicle as such. (61-9-402. Audible and visual signals on police, emergency vehicles, and on-scene command vehicles -- immunity, MCA (mt.gov))

The raw legal definition of an authorized emergency vehicle as described in Title 7, Chapter 33 appears to not have been published online or is hiding in a section of the statute that is marked as reserved, because I went through every single article in the chapter and couldn't find it. So, in short, I don't think that POVs in Montana would meet the other signaling requirements of the law to be able to be classed as an authorized emergency vehicle and then use a siren. Though I am tempted now to contact the Montana Highway Patrol and find out.

Hope this is helpful. Otherwise I typed a lot to look like a moron. 

This guy right here in the link below is a Volunteer Firefighter in Montana. He confirmed that POVS are NOT emergency vehicles. No sirens. Just red courtesy lights.

N150CZ - YouTube

Is there a limit or cap to the number of MPFD Firefighters or MPPD Police Officers available? Like, 6 officers available for one shift for example? Why are they only 4 Firefighters for MPFD, and why are they only available in the day? I think they should be available 24/7.

On 7/13/2023 at 6:55 PM, temeculapd said:

Hello, was wondering what file would I edit to adjust the amount of units I can call in? Example BCSO I want to be able to call more than 3 in at a time. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, Johhnnyy said:

Is there a limit or cap to the number of MPFD Firefighters or MPPD Police Officers available? Like, 6 officers available for one shift for example? Why are they only 4 Firefighters for MPFD, and why are they only available in the day? I think they should be available 24/7.

Both of these things are intentionally capped by script. Adjusting them without knowing how the code works can cause undesired behavior. 

I am still on the fence with how I will arrange things in the coming updates to the mod. Specifically, I can't have more BCSO cars until I make all the bases needed for them, which could take however long. I don't want to include repeats of existing vehicles, for sake of pumping the numbers up.

Regarding volunteer firefighters, the reason I asked for people's real life POV's was a fun way of adding more volunteer personnel to the mod so that more personnel can be playable.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:56 PM, Johhnnyy said:

This guy right here in the link below is a Volunteer Firefighter in Montana. He confirmed that POVS are NOT emergency vehicles. No sirens. Just red courtesy lights.

N150CZ - YouTube

Thank you for doing the research on this one. I have evidence now and I can make that judgement call with the mod. I'll have it be courtesy lights by default (as it is now) and sort out the lights/sirens commands later on.

On 7/20/2023 at 10:00 AM, Johhnnyy said:

There is a firefighter in Montana. I talked to him on YouTube, and he said that POVS are not emergency vehicles, the red POV lights are just courtesy, they can't break any road rules, and no one has to stop for them. I know that the MPFD Fire Chief has a red rotating light and s siren on his pickup. Is it a POV too? Because if it is, it still won't count as an emergency vehicle. 

N150CZ - YouTube

You can check him out here.

I still don't know how I'll proceed with that because Dillon's batt chief appears to also be a POV, while Lima VFD has a dedicated vehicle. Maybe I'll keep their speed the same but remove the sirens from the 2 chief vehicles.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 3:11 AM, itchboy said:

Both of these things are intentionally capped by script. Adjusting them without knowing how the code works can cause undesired behavior. 

I am still on the fence with how I will arrange things in the coming updates to the mod. Specifically, I can't have more BCSO cars until I make all the bases needed for them, which could take however long. I don't want to include repeats of existing vehicles, for sake of pumping the numbers up.

Regarding volunteer firefighters, the reason I asked for people's real life POV's was a fun way of adding more volunteer personnel to the mod so that more personnel can be playable.

Thank you for doing the research on this one. I have evidence now and I can make that judgement call with the mod. I'll have it be courtesy lights by default (as it is now) and sort out the lights/sirens commands later on.

I still don't know how I'll proceed with that because Dillon's batt chief appears to also be a POV, while Lima VFD has a dedicated vehicle. Maybe I'll keep their speed the same but remove the sirens from the 2 chief vehicles.

Ok, thx.

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Montana Mod version 2.5 for Emergency 4 Deluxe and I'm encountering a significant issue. Whenever I attempt to save the game or load a saved game, I receive the following error message:

"_mt_missionscript1415de2: Error: Symbol disp is not defined in the current scope."

Underneath this error message, I am presented with three options: "Ignore," "Beforehand" (without further context), and "Try Again." Choosing between the first two options when trying to save the game, message just closes and a new save appears in the "saved games" tab. When I try to load a save and click on one of the first two options, the game loads and everything looks correct, but the GUI doesn't load for me. However, when I choose the "Try Again" option, I am confronted with a different error message:

"_mt_missionscript1415de2: FILE:mod:Scripts/Game/Mission/mt_missionscript.script1415de2 LINE:3978."

Continuing to press "Try Again" triggers yet another error message:

"_mt_missionscript1415de2: !!!Dictionary position rewound..."

Following this, clicking the "Try Again" option once more displays the following message:

"_mt_missionscript1415de2: !!!Error recovered!!!"

At this point, my only available option is to select "Close."

If anyone has encountered a similar problem with Montana Mod v2.5 or has any suggestions for resolving these errors, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Thank you in advance!

Below is the log of these errors:

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 1448 vertices, 872 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

|Vision Core: Resized memory for Entities to  3676 kB.

|Vision Core: Resized memory for Entities to  3694 kB.

?(_mt_missionscript1415de2): Error: Symbol disp is not defined in current scope
?(_mt_missionscript1415de2):  FILE:mod:Scripts/Game/Mission/mt_missionscript.script1415de2 LINE:3978
?(_mt_missionscript1415de2): !!!Dictionary position rewound...
?(_mt_missionscript1415de2): !!!Error recovered!!!
EM3::Game->SerializeFrom failed
Serialization failed
!UIStaticBitmap::ChangeBitmap: failed to load 'mod:ui/game/loading/bg_m36.dds'
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

On 8/6/2023 at 12:24 AM, Nationalized said:

Currently having an issue after loading the campaign, there isn't any GUI and the menu screen is completely black.

I had a similar error, I fixed it by turning off the shadows. But also make sure you select the "Freeplay" mission and not "start a new campaign"

On 8/5/2023 at 1:57 PM, lacofd_FF51 said:

Cannot open the file once downloaded? Says cannot open as archive?

You could try redownloading the mod, or using WinRAR to open it instead of windows' default zip browser.

On 8/12/2023 at 1:34 AM, sausiiiige said:

Hello everyone,

I recently installed the Montana Mod version 2.5 for Emergency 4 Deluxe and I'm encountering a significant issue. Whenever I attempt to save the game or load a saved game, I receive the following error message:

This is an issue I completely overlooked - the save system. Thank you for posting the log file and debug lines, because I know what I've done wrong.

4 hours ago, Turk_WLF said:

How does the Bomb Squad work in this Mod? Because I had a suspicious device call & I called in the Bomb Squad & did both a rapid deploy & normal exit the vehicle. Next I clicked on the Bomb Tech then on the “hand” icon to defuse the device and Nothing Happened.

I'll have to look into this in the future. I don't know if the Use command got broken again but it seems to work fine on my end. Could be another script interfering with the use command.

• Like 3

I'm having a problem with a structural fire
Theres that one like 2 story building and it's like inbetween the clothing store and car rent and in front is the big parking lot, it also has a balcony
It said I needed to vent the roof so I got a ladder but couldn't find the spot to place it and I figured I needed the DVFD thinking the ladder wasn't tall enough or something but the DVFD only works as a water cannon and then I was confused on what I was supposed to do so I just left the game.

Hey sorry I just realised theres a promt for the ladder talk on taller buildings so I may have just missed it on my first playthrough.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, Squad 65 said:

Version 1.2 is available on the German Forums. V2.0/V2.0.1 isn't really anywhere to my knowledge. 

I have 2.0.1 amd 2.5 stashed away still. It'd be nice to share them here. It's not like Bama was ever seeking monetization for his work unlike some devs. No name's mentioned.. 😜 So what is the true harm of releasing them under some kind of shareware licensee. Not sure if Bama is still around these days but if not, what's the big issue? Like he is going to file some sort of lawsuit for releasing his work claiming he lost out on thousands of dollars. I can't see any lawyer in their right mind take such a case! I personally hope my work will be shared in any way shape or form for as long as there is someone out there who wants to play it or use it for their own mod in some way. Credit would be nice, but at the end of the day, we are all here to have fun. We shouldn't be worried about silly lawsuits. Worse case scenario would be if he made a DMCA complaint, In which case,  remove the content, and be good to go. Stan has used the same hosting company for ages and surely once DMCA is not going to cause any more harm than say a speeding ticket. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:05 PM, Leo622 said:

Anyone else having a traffic issue? Cars can't get through traffic lights. The traffic lights change from Green Yellow Red over and over. Causing use huge traffic jams. 

Help would be great. 

Thanks

I am having the same issue now, after upgrading to a faster PC (R7 7700x, nvme ssd). Did not happen on my old PC (R5 2600x, sata ssd). 

On 9/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Xplorer4x4 said:

I have 2.0.1 amd 2.5 stashed away still. It'd be nice to share them here. It's not like Bama was ever seeking monetization for his work unlike some devs. No name's mentioned.. 😜 So what is the true harm of releasing them under some kind of shareware licensee. Not sure if Bama is still around these days but if not, what's the big issue? Like he is going to file some sort of lawsuit for releasing his work claiming he lost out on thousands of dollars. I can't see any lawyer in their right mind take such a case! I personally hope my work will be shared in any way shape or form for as long as there is someone out there who wants to play it or use it for their own mod in some way. Credit would be nice, but at the end of the day, we are all here to have fun. We shouldn't be worried about silly lawsuits. Worse case scenario would be if he made a DMCA complaint, In which case,  remove the content, and be good to go. Stan has used the same hosting company for ages and surely once DMCA is not going to cause any more harm than say a speeding ticket. 

Oh thank you very much! I was thinking that the older versions of the mod are gone for good. For me to hear that someone still has copies of a few is a relief. 

Burglarized house is bugged.
You get the call, send 2 officers in, says 0 suspects founds then both officers are kicked and injured and then your told you need to send in officers into the house at which point nothing happens and you just kinda have to stare and probably just reset the game cuz 2 officers being injured sucks a lot 

On 6/24/2023 at 5:45 PM, Sangmi said:

I like doing this kind of research, I am a stickler for realism in all forms of 911 simulation. Can't mod to save my life but I can sure dig through legalese with.. ease. 

I've been trying to get in contact with MHP but their website appears to be offline and I can't seem to find a phone number that works. If anyone has an email address or phone number for MHP handy, I'd be happy to use it.

However, I'm pretty confident that they wouldn't tell me anything that I didn't find searching through Montana's emergency vehicle statute. 

I think you're correct in saying that POVs in Montana are not emergency vehicles. There's this guy on YouTube, says he's VFD in Montana. Reds on POVs does not equal emergency lights like on a cop car, ambulance, rescue vehicle, or fire truck. The reds on a POV are just like the greens in Alberta, Ontario, or Quebec. No sirens. No rule breaking. No emergency vehicle status. Doesn't matter if you're a chief.

(1) N150CZ - YouTube

Small issue with DVFD Ladder truck, it lacks the flood light option, the flood lights only activate when you press the "directional lights" button but that disables the Master Lights which looks bad on scenes plus the truck literally has no directional lights anyway so I think this was just a mistake, please change it. 

• Like 1