Voodoo_Operator

Grand Theft Auto V

Many of you have probably seen this one, but here it is anyway - the Online trailer of Grand Theft Auto V: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEGtoYs_8A&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DolEGtoYs_8A&has_verified=1

On a side note, strangely, it appears like they've kept the LSPD paint scheme on some cars. Here's the different police vehicles I have observed so far:

B&W Crown Vic with LSPD markings

White Crown Vic with sheriff markings

B&W Charger/Buffalo with "POLICE" markings 

B&W Taurus Interceptor with "POLICE" markings

B&W Suburban with sheriff markings

White + blue/green stripe Suburban with sheriff or border patrol markings

Black armored truck (NOOSE truck) with no markings (SWAT/FIB?)

B&W AS350 helicopter with "POLICE" markings

I wonder what the "POLICE" units are... LSPD running a new paint scheme along with the old? Special "3 star or more" unit (kind of like NOOSE from GTA 4- which we haven't seen so far in V)? SAHP/CHP?

My thoughts on this are that we're gonna be seeing the LSPD Black and whites, and a SAPD, similar to the CHP with both white and POLICE markings, and then the Sheriff, similar to the LASD, and then something like Border cops, and SWAT. I don't think we'll be seeing a 3 star or more level of units yet. Maybe the Chargers and Tauruses could be used for that purpose?

Surely with it being L.A they'd be daft not to include S.W.A.T (or some GTA equivalent) as it's the home of S.W.A.T.

They seem to have redone the PD units too, which leads me to think they'll likely be a lot more real to life than just a generic CV and impala. But who knows.

Upon further investigation, it appears the "SAHP" theory doesn't hold water. Both the old Crown Vic with LSPD markings and the new interceptors with "POLICE" markings have an LSPD recruitment sticker on the rear bumper. Also, officers in or around the new cruisers have dark blue LAPD-like uniforms, not beige uniforms that would resemble CHP. All the "new" cruisers have LED lightbars, whereas the Crown Vic has an old Code 3 with rotators.

Kind of a weird choice to have the same department use two different types of paintschemes, especially when you know LAPD has been using the same for decades and doesn't seem to be planning to change it anytime soon.

They're not really LEDs, more like red and white flashing lights which don't look realistic at all.

Actually, they are MUCH MUCH realistic looking now.

Here's the proof, and be aware that contains spoilers but shows a vast array of LSPD units and FIB units with lights on. I so can't wait to try them out : [spoilers]http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=65642h&s=5[/spoilers]

My college GPA before GTA V is released...

... and my college GPA after GTA V is released.

Oh lawdy lawd I can't wait for GTA to come out - it looks to be a VERY serious contender for GOTY, and much better than IV.

After months of speculation and guesstimates that came pretty close, the actual map has been made public: http://www.gtagaming.com/v/info/map

It's a scan, so it may be a little hard to read some of the text, but you get a general idea.

I spy... well a lot of things, actually:

-Purple lines appear to be the railroads. Industrial lines and freight yards in the city (also with a branch that leads near downtown, possibly to GTA's version of Union Station), and a long track that gets out of LS and loops around Mount Chiliad.

-Red lines appear to be a subway/light rail system of some kind. The network appears much less complex than it's GTA IV counterpart, but it's a nice surprise considering I thought they'd have none. 

-Another straight red line running along the side of Mount Chiliad. Cable car, probably.

-3 airports (LSX, a smaller airstrip in Sandy Shores, and Fort Zancudo, likely where all those jet fighters and choppers hail from.

-An oval racetrack

-A prison likely based on San Quentin

-Several police stations (6 in the city, 2 in the countryside) and hospitals (3 in the city, 2 in the countryside)

-A very complex network of roads and highways

-Around 20 icons that seem to indicate buyable properties

-Several icons that seem to indicate viewpoints

-A "state wilderness" area - sounds like a good spot to hunt and/or get mauled.

-A freeway named "Elysian Fields" - possibly a nod to the plot of L.A. Noire?

One of the major cases of L.A. Noire involved a fraudulent housing development called Elysian Fields that was actually part of an elaborate scam to obtain higher prices for land that the government intended to purchase to build the Los Angeles freeways

See anything else interesting?

anyone noticed in all the screens shown etc plenty of police cars and helicopters shown but no image anywhere on the net including the supposeded leaks have shown any police boat or jetski or confirmed if they have created police divers with the edition of scuba diving or will this be a really easy way to escape the cops?

Is it just me or is there really no FD?

I was thinking the same thing... haven't found any legitament pictures showing one yet, but for how detailed the map and area is, I'm sure they are represented in the game for sure.

I was thinking the same thing... haven't found any legitament pictures showing one yet, but for how detailed the map and area is, I'm sure they are represented in the game for sure.

The FD is most certainly represented though no pics are shown have seen them come in a put out fires after a mission is finished at the E3 showing

They usually don't indicate them on the map since, unlike police stations (when you get arrested) and hospitals (when you "die"), fire stations serve no special purpose in the game.

I wouldn't be too worried about having a fire truck and an ambulance, either. Someone scanned the Brady Games guy containing info about every single car in the game (naughty, naughty). While they forgot to scan a few pages, sadly including the one that contained most emergency vehicles, I can tell you that there are scores of vehicles in this game, including specialized vehicles... boom truck, mining dump truck, bulldozer, military semi truck, shuttle bus, paddy wagon, unmarked police cruiser, camper, tractor, container forklift, lawnmower, and many more. You can rest assured there will be at least an ambulance and a firetruck. It wouldn't actually surprise me if there were at least 2 different fire vehicles (engine and ladder?).

Only thing i'm hoping for is like... SAPD:FR?

Educated guess: give it somewhere between 8 months and a year, i.e. 6-8 months for Rockstar to announce and release a PC version, and a few weeks/months before modders start working on GTA 5 and someone finds a way to convert the LCPD:FR scripts to 5, assuming it's relatively easy to port it.

There is FD. Los Santos County Fire Deparment has atleast 2 stations that I've seen. People have been livestreaming it for the past few days, how I got it, I have no idea. One I was watching tonight the guy went through looking for fire stations and I gotta say, they look really nice. The firetrucks are still MTL's, same as in GTA IV but the new lighting system is absolutely amazing.

Did anyone else watch the new trailer on Blaine County? Around eleven seconds in you will see a short clip on the park ranger suv. It gives a nice little sample of the LED lights. Just thought I'd share. I kept going back and forth to see how the style of the lights looked.

Also, did anyone else hear about LifeInvader? In case you didn't, I attached the link! Figured I would share this too.

Educated guess: give it somewhere between 8 months and a year, i.e. 6-8 months for Rockstar to announce and release a PC version, and a few weeks/months before modders start working on GTA 5 and someone finds a way to convert the LCPD:FR scripts to 5, assuming it's relatively easy to port it.

It's easy as soon as someone makes a scripthook that supports te same scripts, although some weapons may need to be changed and other stuff that is in GTA 4 and not in GTA 5

There is FD. Los Santos County Fire Deparment has atleast 2 stations that I've seen. People have been livestreaming it for the past few days, how I got it, I have no idea. One I was watching tonight the guy went through looking for fire stations and I gotta say, they look really nice. The firetrucks are still MTL's, same as in GTA IV but the new lighting system is absolutely amazing.

Yep and the two major airports will have FD aswell.

EDIT:

post-6050-0-88175700-1379258858.jpg

Pic of the fire truck from a video i found on the net.