Voodoo_Operator

Grand Theft Auto V

http://games.ign.com.../1210615p1.html

About time if you ask me...

The official trailer comes out on Nov. 2.

Next location? Next character? New era? New features? Tie-ins to GTA4's storyline? Speculate away. :laugh:

My 2 cents: the "V" logo, upon closer examination, seems to be styled like US currency (same font for the "Five", and the green pattern on the "V". At this point I'm not sure if that points to the theme or the location (or both). For the former, it could pretty much mean anything... Money and crime pretty much go together, I guess.

For the latter, that more or less narrows it down... Las Venturas/Las Vegas could be represented by money, I guess. On the other hand, I doesn't have quite a special relation with Vice City, San Fierro or Los Santoss. It could have one with Liberty City, considering all the latest Wall Street issues, but I doubt they'll return to LC right away.

What I'd like to think? Those greens are a reference to the Federal Government, and GTA is headed to a new location: Capital City a.k.a. Washington DC. I could see a lot of interesting tie-ins with current affairs, politics, the military and espionage. The GTA series has seen its fair share of politicians and shady government characters (Vice City's congressman Alex Shrub, San Andreas' Mike Toreno, GTA4's United Liberty Paper guy, TLAD's creepy Tom Stubbs, and I'm probably forgetting a lot of other secondary and radio characters.) It could make for a pretty interesting experience if those characters all met in the same city.

On the other hand, the evidence from the past few years all pointed to Los Santos. The greens could be a reference to the theme rather than the location - money imagery is often closely related to the hip-hop culture, and LS seems to be a fitting location for that. I'm not expecting a different era this time around - pretty sure it's going to be a recreation of modern-day Los Angeles.

There was a rumor some month ago that could be based in Los Santos (Los Angeles), with a faithful LA reproduction, and the protagonist an expoliceman or something so... rumors... in 1 week we will se.

U.L. paper's mission would be cool, and like Voodoo had said espionage themed game would be great in a Washington and surrounds based map, for example imagine like the Area 51 in GTA SA in this new GTA the Langley CIA headquarters like mysterious place would be nice to see, but unlikely because of possible legal issues...

But I guess it will be based in Los Santos since Rockstar seems interested in Los Angeles placed games.

Edit: I see the logo more of the Los Santos or VC street gang than of the Washington DC money.

Edited by aitor

I personally think the money could have sort of a different meaning to it. Less a representation of the current economic/government situation, but perhaps more of a gambling or 'under the table' money making sitation. Perhaps back to Las Venturas (Las Vegas)? Maybe, idk, we'll see in a week.

I personally think the money could have sort of a different meaning to it. Less a representation of the current economic/government situation, but perhaps more of a gambling or 'under the table' money making sitation. Perhaps back to Las Venturas (Las Vegas)? Maybe, idk, we'll see in a week.

i guess we will have to but time goes by fast for me so that's good :)

do you know what the graphics will be like???? i hope it will be like gta 4 not gtasa :)

Well, obviously, it's going to be on par, if not a step up, from GTA 4. Why on earth would they revert to using the GTA 3 engine? That thing is over 10 years old and was already showing its age when it was used for San Andreas and Bully back in 2005-2006 :laugh:

I expect they'll be using a slightly improved version of the Rage engine. Some rumors say they might use the facial animation technology from LA Noire, but I doubt it...

Some rumors say they might use the facial animation technology from LA Noire, but I doubt it...

Yeah I don't think so either. It worked good in LA Noire because the interrogations are basically part of what made the game. GTA doesn't seem like a sort of game that will be needed, just extra money spent.

Yeah I don't think so either. It worked good in LA Noire because the interrogations are basically part of what made the game. GTA doesn't seem like a sort of game that will be needed, just extra money spent.

And a LOT more actors would be needed, think of all the characters/pedestrians ...

Well San Andreas was a huge map comprising three cities and a couple more villages and forest/desert areas.

While Red Dead Redemption showed us that Rockstar can still make huge maps, I doubt they'll go for the whole three-city map once again. They'll concentrate on making one huge, accurate, detailed city instead. If the rumors about Los Santos/LA prove to be true, given the real-life scale of the Los Angeles metro area, I think we're due for a huge map, probably bigger than Liberty City.

I wonder if/how they'll handle closed areas on the map though... New York, with its islands, was quite easy to block off - just barricading the bridges and tunnels. AFAIK, Los Angeles doesn't really have natural obstacles crossed by bridges or tunnels that could easily seperate significant chunks of the city. There's the LA river bridges, of course, but it doesn't seem as obvious to me to block them off than New York's Hudson and East river.

Then again, TLAD and TBOGT featured a fully opened city right from the beginning... the argument was that their protagonists were natives of the city and that GTA4's impassable roadblocks were just Niko's "perception" of the city's paranoia towards foreigners.

The map probably won't be the size of LA Noire - it would be a mistake if they did.

LA Noire's map was an exact, street-by-street recreation of 1940's LA (they did leave out many areas, but those that were in the game were based on actual 1940s era city maps and aerial photos). Which made for a huge map... with mostly boring areas with nothing to see. And looooooooong drives through street after street of war-era bungalows while getting from point A to point B. I'm surprised that they bothered adding hidden collectibles in that map - I doubt anyone would have the patience to look for them all.

I'd expect a map more along the lines of that of Midnight Club Los Angeles in terms of size, with more emphasis on detail and exploration than racing. MCLA's map was pretty huge, but left out some areas that would obviously be part of a GTA map (LAX, for example).

I hope GTA has better emergency services, and strobe paterns on it :) But we will see :D

i hope so i would love that and put fire stations every were that you can go in to and do missions and when you start a mission a tone goes off and a dispatcher says stuff like a working fire and the location that would be sweat but like njboy13 said it's probably the least of there worries right now but who knows ;)

I've seen some video of Midnight Club Los Angeles map and looks really good, a similar map (road textures, streets, buildings, trees...), maybe bigger with more parts of the city, and more detailed would be cool.

BTW, from here comes the GTA V logo: http://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/121056/el-logo-de-gta-v-oculta-una-curiosidad-historica/

curious...

Edited by aitor

I hope it'll be better than GTA IV with a bit longer storyline. I bet everyone remembers the lonest storyline from GTASA with the MOST COMPLEX MISSIONS!! Well to me anyway lol. I also kinda wish they add a bunch of sirens too hahahaha.

True. You were pretty much an errand boy/assassin the whole time and that's what made it fun especially the driving school! I learned how to effectively PIT guys. That was fun. I hope that it's like that again.