Voodoo_Operator

Grand Theft Auto V

lol I hated friends constantly calling you. I hope they keep friend activities, but they dont constantly invite you out. Maybe only you can invite them out, because I know we've all been in the situation

*You have a 6 star wanted level. i just shot down a NOOSE blackhawk that blew up right in front of you, and you're under heavy fire. You attempt to shoot back, but then your phone rings "Niko! It's Roman! Let's go bowling!" *And you get killed, and Roman dislikes you because apparently getting killed is not a valid excuse to not go bowling with your cousin.

Yeah, even worse happened to me. Tried some cheats out and I got shot, then the phone goes away. ARRGH! Man I hate that oo. I remember in GTASA and every other one where you had to jump around and do all of these weird stuff just to see cheat activated. I do miss the tanks. It was straight war when you stole a tank and you kept on shooting another tank with your gun. To me GTAIV was the greatest letdown in the sense that they showed Niko and Francis in NOOSE uniform but you can't do that really in the game unless you modded it on PC. PO'ed me man.

When you are loading the game on ps3 and xbox 360, you see two noose guys going up some stairs with shotguns in hand. They're Francis McReary and Niko. It's the slideshow of pics I believe before or after the pic of the prostitute leaning over talking to Niko while the game is loading when you start it.

Doesn't really look like them. I think it's just concept art, and possibly a reference to the mission where you go to those apartments for a drug deal and it's a set up.

Ditto. Compare with other concept art for Niko and Francis, it's definitely not them.

I like it much more if they made an weather system like, its winter and its going to be a white landscape. Also something like spring.

i hope they make this time working leds in the grille of the emergency vehicles because in IV the fire truck has leds into the grill and they doesnt work. I hope they let it work now if there are.

If this is going to be reality this i going to be my favorite gta.

In response to some parts of the article:

Los Angeles is the current front-runner in the rumor mill for GTA V's setting. Reasons for GTA V taking place in Los Angeles include the following:

...a casting call for voice actors included a call for a character obsessed with becoming a Hollywood celebrity

A screenshot from actorspages.com and a typed list have been going around lots of sites/forums like this one. The full description reads: "A young female obsessed with sex parties, always dreaming of being a Hollywood celebrity". With the full sentence, the meaning changes.

(I don't have VC installed, but I'm pretty sure the description fits Candy Suxxx well.)

Of course, with most numbered GTA games having taken place in New York City, and with Rockstar headquartered there, we could always be returning to a life of crime in the Big Apple.

If you don't include the VC and LC stories that was released onto PSP, - and considering that EFLC was initially released as DLC for GTA:IV - then Liberty city is only one ahead of all the other cities featured. The statement is quite daft - Going by this logic, it means that if GTA:V is SA, then GTA:VI will either be SA or LC because the game's been there the most.

I'm hoping for VC or LV. But the way I see it, Rockstar are recycling their locations:

GTA introduces us to: Liberty city, Vice city, and the state of San Andreas.

GTA III brings us back to Liberty city, in 3D

GTA VC goes back to Vice city, in 3D

GTA SA goes back to the state of San Andreas. This time the cities are more distinct, clearly setting out LS, SF and LV.

GTA IV takes us back to Liberty city again, but this time with an updated game engine, and the boroughs of NY are more obvious.

I think that GTA:V could be Vice city, but updated in the same way GTA:IV was (new engine, more obvious boroughs/districts)

Some people have pointed out that the V is a similar design to one of the old 5 dollar bills, or has a similar design to money. If this is true, then it could represent money gained through something like drug smuggling or gambling - both considered Vices.

I know the wiki page state "In the United Kingdom...", but I was more thinking about Miami Vice

Alternatively, the money thing could represent Las Venturas, and Rockstar intends to branch out the Cities that featured in SA. The same could actually be said about Los Santos - but stereotypically, money + city = Las Vegas.

Haha! Nice! "Obey and survive"... I was a bit disappointed by the LCPD cruisers which just recycled the NYPD's "Courtesy, Professionalism, Respect" without any puns. Let's hope they've also got something similar in stock for eventual CHP cruisers.

Here's a more in-depth analysis, complete with pictures: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/15615-the-gta-v-trailer/