Voodoo_Operator

Grand Theft Auto V

In case you missed it, Rockstar released 10 new screenshots this week under 3 different themes - "Transport", "Leisure" and "Business".

Here are the links in case you missed them:

http://www.rockstarg.../transport.html

http://www.rockstarg...21/leisure.html

http://www.rockstarg...1/business.html

Here are a few things I noted from the pictures in no particular order - features, car names, etc:

• Possible laser sights on some weapons? (see the police helo pic)
  • The Cheeta(h) makes a comeback from previous games (VC and SA). It used to be based on a Ferrari Testarossa, but this one appears to be a boutique exotic - I see hints of an Ascari KZ-1 or a Koenigsegg.
  • We get a much clearer view of the jet fighter seen in the trailer. It looks a lot like an F/A-18, but with a design reminiscent of an F-22 or F-35. And the nose of an F-16 for some reason.
  • Bicycles are back. Also introducing creepy tights.
  • A new police helicopter, clearly based on the Aerospatiale AS350 used by the LAPD.
  • The Infernus is back with the same design as in GTA IV
  • It may be a different car, but it appears the design for the police cruiser has been slightly altered to look more like a late-gen Crown Vic than one from the late 90s.
  • Does anyone from LA know what bridge the one in the helicopter pic could be based on? One of the previous screenshots seemed to show the Vincent Thomas bridge, but this one looks different.
  • Wilderness and mountain areas are confirmed by the dirtbikes, the parachute and the biplane pics. Still nothing about snow, though.
  • Tennis? A possible minigame, a screencap from a cutscene, or a random NPC animation? Remember how Rockstar introduced the Rage engine with a (table) tennis game.
  • Rockstar has gone to great lengths to conceal the identity of the main player - he's really hard to identify in any of the screenshots. One of the first screenshots of GTA 4 was a clear picture of Niko.
  • Tractor trailers are confirmed. This particular one looks like it's carrying at least one car. I'm not sure if this particular variant will spawn randomly or if it's only intended for a particular mission - the guy hanging on it makes me think it's the latter.
  • Did I miss anything? Let me know.

There's been several developments concerning GTA V in the last few days, including Game Informer's December issue which reveals important information about the game. Here's some highlights:

-The main characters have been revealed - and yes, that does mean there are more than 1 playable character this time around, confirming rumors that have been going around since the game has been announced. They are Michael, a middle-aged man living a lavish lifestyle under witness protection - he is the mysterious man seen in the first trailer who was rumored to be Tommy Vercetti or a new character named Albert Da Silva; Franklin, an african-american man in his 20s, working as a repo man - he is the character seen running from the police in the trailer, and rumored to be C.J. from San Andreas; and Trevor, another middle-aged man and an ex-military pilot who lives in a trailer and is apparently the craziest of the trio. The three men work as a crew and you get to play as all three during missions, switching between different roles. While outside of missions, you can switch between them at will. They all have their own personnalities, lifestyles and friends.

-The map is, according to Rockstar, bigger than the maps of Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and San Andreas combined. If you've been playing these games, you'll know this is terrifyingly huge. Apart from the city of Los Santos, Mount Chiliad will be present on the map, as well as several areas including forests, deserts, wine country, a dam and a military base. The ocean is also said to be fully explorable (so you might expect to go scuba diving at some point). No word or evidence yet of snowy areas despite the vehicular clues that had been found earlier this year in hidden Max Payne code... then again, this is southern California, so it would have been surprising (there's still Mount Chiliad, though).

-The three main characters are a heist crew, which means you can expect to see plenty of exciting heist missions like the famous "Three Leaf Clover" heist from GTA IV.

- Minigames, side missions and random encounters are back, drawing from the experiences of GTA IV and RDR. Each character will have specific activities that only he can engage in, depending on his interests. Such activities include skydiving, golf (an entire course, not just a driving range like in TBOGT), tennis, and, strangely enough, yoga. The random encounter system from Red Dead Redemption has been adapted to GTA - expect things such as broken-down cars, hitchhikers, drug deals gone wrong in the desert and such.

- The phone system is back, but is said to be a smartphone this time, with the ability to go on the Internet. Artwork released last week shows a woman in a bikini holding an obvious iPhone parody dubbed iFruit, with a logo that reminds of Apple's logo and, well... something else. There are also other forms of entertainment in the game, but Rockstar has not given much more information at this point (TV? Venues?)

- Character cameos from the GTA3 era (GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas) have been definitely ruled out (should I say "again", as they had already been ruled out back when GTA IV came out). However, Rockstar has strongly hinted at cameos from the GTA IV era (GTA IV, TLAD and TBOGT). Obviously, it would ruin the surprise if they said who exactly it's going to be, but Niko has been specifically ruled out.

-Several weapons are seen in screenshots and artwork, with apparent customization: M4 with scope and silencer, HK53, Uzi with stock, silenced AK, scopeless TAR-21, shotgun (unknown type) and PSG-1.

And finally, some vehicles I observed from the latest screenshots and artwork:

-A late-model Mustang lookalike - could it be the Stallion finally being updated from the old version that has been used since GTA3?

-A Comet (Porsche 911) with a spoiler reminiscent of a 911 GT2.

-The Buzzard helicopter (a.k.a Littlebird) from TBOGT makes a return.

-An Audi R8 Spyder lookalike, even with a logo that looks like the Audi logo cut in half.

-The Patriot (Hummer H2) is back.

-A Lotus Elise or Tesla Roadster lookalike.

-A Mercedes G series SUV lookalike.

-Possibly a Toyota Hilux or Tundra pickup lookalike (hard to tell as it's on fire in the screenshot)

-The Crown Victoria lookalike used for taxis and police has definitely been updated to a newer-looking version, not the 97 version seen in GTA IV and in the first V trailer.

-The preferred paint scheme for taxis seems to be the blue and yellow scheme from the Los Angeles Checker Cab Co.

-A farm tractor, brand unknown.

-A Volkswagen Combi lookalike, possibly called Camper like in San Andreas.

-Possibly a Jeep Grand Cherokee lookalike (hard to tell as it's also on fire in the screenshot)

-Artwork shows a Cadillac look-alike that could be the Emperor from GTA IV, or perhaps the Greenwood.

-A new civilian helicopter, possibly based on an Aerospatiale AS350

-A quad, brand unknown.

wow...................I must know how big the map is... Maybe it's like LA Noire? or even bigger :D

Can't wait for the release of it ^^

I see a new police van in the background! ow and look at the license plate "San Andreas" AWESOME!!!

About the size of the map, as I said, it's reported to be slightly bigger than the maps of GTA IV, RDR and GTA:SA combined. Reports vary on the actual size, with many mentions of the map being about 3 times the size of the RDR map. Apparently this could be up to 5 times if you count the surrounding bodies of water.

I've seen that van too, it did intrigue me. The door badge, albeit blurry, seems bigger and different than the LAPD/LSPD badge seen on standard patrol cars - I'm wondering if it's a different agency (most likely County Sheriff). There is another shot taken behind the Vinewood sign that shows all white police cruisers with a different door badge as well - I don't know if they're the equivalent of the NOoSE cruisers in IV, or something different - park police, maybe?

Oh and the SA plates have been there since the very beginning (1st trailer a year ago).

I saw apparently a leaked trailer #2. I doubt it is, but if so:

There will be an SPPD, Whatever that is. The stinger will be continued in a challenger-esque body, the FIB will have an acura type vehicle with grille lights and a roof light, and that was all I really got from it. I guess we'll know in 20 hours

This was an interesting read about the game...if it's true.

http://www.gamefront...ed-gta-v-deets/

Hmmm... that's an old article (last March)... Lots of information in that article has been proven false by the recent wave of official details (everything about the main character, for example), the rest is vague assumptions and speculative features.

There will be an SPPD, Whatever that is. The stinger will be continued in a challenger-esque body, the FIB will have an acura type vehicle with grille lights and a roof light, and that was all I really got from it. I guess we'll know in 20 hours

Hmmm, nothing like this in the official trailer. Then again, judging by the SPPD, I think you've been treated to a fake made with APB Reloaded.

Got to say what an amazing game I loved the dog in the trailer,has there been any pets in GTA before?

Nope, not in GTA. But you've got Red Dead Redemption to thank for giving Rockstar a way to experiment with animals in an open world game.