Voodoo_Operator

Grand Theft Auto V

New info: Rockstar has said that "Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created".

See the full article here:(http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html)

All games that come out, no matter good or bad, epic or not, actually go for 60$ on consoles, and 50$ on PC. Then they go down gradually depending on a series of factors (time, publisher, quality, availability on Steam, etc).

If past releases are any indication, the PC version of GTA5 is unlikely to come out at the same time as console versions. It usually takes between 8 months and a year for Rockstar to convert its titles to PC (and I think it actually took more than that for GTA4). My advice to you: get the console version to experience the game, then wait a few months after the PC version has been released to get it on PC as well - in a bundled version including all GTA titles ever made for 10 bucks (No kidding, I found exactly that last week... GTA I thru Episodes from Liberty City, 10 bucks total).

i think that 60 dollar's isnt it worth it. Its a bit looking like Saints Row 2

I have been waiting for this game so long that that price is actually worth it :P

It goes for around 499-599 norwegian kroner. That is actually: 90 - 108 USD xD

Euro: 65-79€ xD

Norway may seem expensive :P but on my sallary, it is actually not that much xD

i would like to see the fire dept looked at. i would like to see a paramedic squad/mini pumper, and engine company, truck/tiller company, grass truck maybe, and possibly a battalion SUV. and have them at every fire station. which i hope there is multiple like in IV. with bays and everything.

i would like to see the fire dept looked at. i would like to see a paramedic squad/mini pumper, and engine company, truck/tiller company, grass truck maybe, and possibly a battalion SUV. and have them at every fire station. which i hope there is multiple like in IV. with bays and everything.

i'm with you on that one

just remember tho this is supposed to be a game about gangs, drugs, guns, family problems, etc etc, i dont think theyre going to go into much detail with the Emergency Services for a couple of thousand people who want more detail in it compared to the other millions who dont give a crap and wont mind. Adding extra Emergency Things will cost more money for paying the modelers, animators, etc etc, and for just a thousand-odd people wont be worth it in rockstars eyes.

You know what I'd like? A firefighting game, except that your firefighter can go buy guns, shoot people in the face, steal cars and get it on with prostitutes. That would be, IMO, the perfect firefighting game.

See what I did there? :cool:

That would be kinda like Rescue Me but more amped up lol. I do wish that someone made a firefighting game and actually went on ride alongs before thinking that every call a firefighter goes on will be a fire with explosions and always people trapped. Man I hate games like that. You already know what's gonna happen lol. Have Rockstar make a cop only game or firefighter only game based onlives of cops and/or firefighters but I'm venting as you may read. Anyway, I really want to see another trailer lol.

Sadly, I don't think there's an important enough market for any major publisher (especially Rockstar) to get involved in making PD/FD simulators. This is the market for budget developers, who make cheap games that they can in turn sell for cheap and not really care about profit.

You know what I'd like? A firefighting game, except that your firefighter can go buy guns, shoot people in the face, steal cars and get it on with prostitutes. That would be, IMO, the perfect firefighting game.

that would be cool, than you have the best game ever. Like if you need to response on a call and your to lazy to get to the fire station steal a car and drive to the call XD

Rumor: GTA V car list in Max Payne 3 files

The GTA Forums source

Lines from a vehicles.ide file were found in the Max Payne 3 files. The list includes:

48 Cars

5 Bikes

10 Helicopters

1 Plane

25 Boats

9 Train models

There's a few things worth noting - The Rhino is back, and there's a helicopter called "Napalm"

Rockstar will probably not confirm if the list is an easteregg or fake, but it's pretty interesting. I hope it's real - having the Rhino back would be awesome. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Well in the older versions of the game, before there were loads of cop cars, they were all called "police" I would like to point out the lack of a fire truck and an ambulance.. For some reason I doubt that this is a complete list. For GTA standards, 48 cars +some others isn't a whole lot, at all. Not to mention, the APC, if it's anything like the GTA IV one, is the same thing as a Rhino, just updated to look like it would IRL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance:_Burning_Skies

Sort of what you're looking for

Like NFK, I don't think the list is complete. That would amount to merely 55 road vehicles in the game, whereas GTA 4 had around 150 (125 without the DLC). And some people already complained that there were fewer cars in GTA4 than in San Andreas. At 55, you don't have a lot of variety on the roads.

Being the obsessive GTA fan that I am, I took some time to analyze the vehicle names that seem to be new to the series.

bobsleigh : First in a series of vehicle names that seem to indicate there will be a snowy area of some kind in GTA5. Now, seeing as the game is set in SoCal/LA, I don't quite see how that would be possible, unless the game world is actually HUGE (RDR did have a snowy area - and the GTA5 trailer hinted at a tall snowcapped mountain a.k.a. "Mount Chiliad") or Rockstar is just trolling us. If there is indeed snow, than this might just be what the name says it is - a bobsleigh.

brzbus : Obviously some kind of bus, although I'm not quite sure what the brz stands for. Could be a prefix that indicates it is mission/character/gang related. Brazilians, maybe?

casco : Spanish word for "helmet". My guess is that this is a construction vehicle of some kind - maybe a front-end loader.

cadge : From the dictionnary, a cadge is "a circular frame on which cadgers carry hawks for sale". Erm. Yeah. I doubt there is enough room in GTA for a falconry-related vehicle. Your guess is as good as mine on this one. Edit 22/05: If we stretch it, falconry is usually an aristocrat hobby, so this *could* be the Bentley Continental seen in the trailer.

car_brzhatchplc : See brzbus. I'm really starting to think the brazilian theory makes sense.

car_brzsedanplc : See above.

car_brzhatchjnk : See above.

car_brzsedanjnk : See above.

carga : Spanish for "load" or "freight". Probably a truck of some kind. If you give any credit to my casco theory, this could be a dump truck to work along the casco.

cs2000 : The name suggests it could be some kind of sports car, likely JDM.

dune : A dune buggy, obviously. I think there was one in San Andreas with that same name.

furzen : German for "fart". Oh, Rockstar. You will never grow up. Probably a german car - could be the Boxster lookalike from the trailer.

gant : No idea about this one. "gant" does mean "glove" in French, so it could be another of the "snow" cars. Then again, Gant Bridge was also the name of the Golden Gate bridge in San Andreas - but then I don't see what this would have to do with a car's name.

hauler : Obviously a big rig. Maybe the new one I spotted in the trailer that seemed to be based on GTA4's Biff. I think San Andreas had a rig called the Hauler.

prairie : Sounds like a good name for a farm-related vehicle - and the trailer hinted at the presence of farms - but your guess is as good as mine. Pickup truck? Tractor? Harvester? ... you know you want it to be a harvester. :happy:

rhino : For GTA fans, "Rhino" is synonymous with "tank". Seeing as the APC is already listed seperately (it was a Cadillac-Gage V100 in GTA4:TBoGT), this is probably the real deal. I don't see any other contenders than the M1A1 Abrams tank - hopefully with real tracks instead of wheels this time (C'mon Rockstar, even the last Saints Row had implemented actual tracks).

seinove : No idea about this one.

skimobile : Another snow vehicle. Most likely a snowmobile.

winky : Weird name. Could be some kind of food truck a la Mr Whoopee.

railmu : The "rail" part suggests it could be some kind of train, though it is not listed with the trains. Either you have to take the word as a whole ("railmu"), and it kind of sounds japanese. Or you consider the "rail" part is important and the rest is cut off, hinting at a railway maintenance truck that can also drive on roads.

flatty : Probably some kind of flatbed truck.

snowplough : The last snow vehicle, again with a self-explanatory name.

On a side note, I'd be inclined to believe this list is incomplete as I have seen no mention of the Mesa Grande (Jeep) or the Phoenix ('70s Trans Am), although two vehicles that may very well be their GTA5 equivalents appeared in the trailer. Also no mention of the Deceptor, which is rumored to be the name of the Audi R8 lookalike from the trailer, nor of the Landstalker, the Habanero, the Huntley and the Premier, which also appear in it. And no Esperanto, Perennial, Stallion, Sentinel, Manana or Moonbeam, even though these cars have been in every GTA episode since 3.

Edit 22/05: Thought I'd also look at other parts of the list:

Helis:

Autogiro: Pretty self-explanatory name. This one's going to be weird - I can see it being used during a mission given by an oddball character.

Bchopper: Again, the "b" prefix... brazilian chopper?

Bentham: British, kind of posh-sounding... maybe an Agusta-Westland AW101 executive heli?

Hind: Wait, what? No way? I doubt that's the name they will actually use in the game. But the hint is very obvious - russian Hind attack helicopter. What it would be doing in the US is completely beyond me - maybe a movie helicopter or privately-owned, I doubt there would be a "US invasion" mission or that the in-game military would somehow be using it.

Napalm: Most likely an attack helicopter. Apache or Cobra - I'd go for the Cobra due to the "napalm" name possibly evoking the Vietnam war, during which the Apache wasn't in service yet.

Scamp: Due to the name, I'd go for a smaller chopper - smaller than the Maverick. Maybe a Hughes 500D - but a civilian version, unlike TBoGT.

Heli_vcpf: Not sure what the VCPF suffix stands for. Would have made sense if the game had been set in Vice City,,,

Heli_tfe: Not a clue about that suffix.

Planes:

Just the fact that there is only 1 plane in the list whereas there were at least 3 in the trailer indicate that the list is incomplete. cuban800 kinda sounds like it could be an executive jet - maybe the one seen in the trailer (and then it wouldn't be called Shamal like in San Andreas. That was a weird name anyway.)

Boats:

Bassboy: A fishing boat, obviously.

Chika: Sounds like "chica"... think about it... bikini chicks tanning on the deck of a luxury yacht?

FIsher: Again, a fishing boat.

Fishboat_(a thru d): And more fishing boats. I wonder if there could actually be fishing side missions in the game... because that's a whole lot of fishing boats.

Gunboat: A gun boat, obviously. Perhaps a Coast Guard boat.

Sabs_boat: Who's Sab? Because this might be his boat.

small_gb2: Something small, but I have no idea what it is exactly.

P_mi_botfsh: This one is rather cryptic. But then again, "fsh" might mean "fishing".

Whaler: Whoa whoa whoa. Whales? Really? Man, how HUGE is that map?

Woody: Could be a rowboat...

Woody2: Also a rowboat.

Sporto: Probably a fast boat.

Tinny: Maybe a "tiny" boat. Or a boat made of tin. Or both. Yeah, I'd go for a small tin boat.

Contbo: I wonder if the "cont" part could mean "Contraband". Perhaps a boat used by mexican smugglers.

Smug: The plot thickens. The smuggling boat theory kinda makes sense.

Edsboat: Ed might be Sab's buddy. And also has his own boat.

Trains:

cablecar: A cable car, just like the Roosevelt Island cable car in GTA 4. Although I suspect this one will be used to get around Mount Chiliad.

Chairlift: Again, something snow related, and this one implies that ski may be possible in the game.

subway_lo and subway_hi: Just a hint that Los Santos has a subway system that's possibly independent from the rail system.

train_(insert suffix here); There are probably trains going around the map, like in San Andreas and RDR. My guess would be that there are both freight and passenger trains - the latter probably based on Amtrak's California Zephyr.

lighty: Maybe some kind of MOW railcar.

The bobsleigh could be part of a mission, like you said, mount chilad looks to be snow capped, perhaps you've gotta do a race there, something stupid to work your way in. I'd say the brz is a brazilian gang, as it appears a good bit though.

There were wheat fields in the outskirts of SA last time, so the prairie as a combine harvester is a good chance

Winky, could possibly be another play that the phallic imagery on the top of the ice cream truck, so my guess is that.

Railmu, I don't think that's really japanese, it seems more like a railway maintenance truck. Perhaps there will be some importance in the railway this time around

Helis:

Hind: Wait, what? No way? I doubt that's the name they will actually use in the game. But the hint is very obvious - russian Hind attack helicopter. What it would be doing in the US is completely beyond me - maybe a movie helicopter or privately-owned, I doubt there would be a "US invasion" mission or that the in-game military would somehow be using it. Could be working with the russian mafia? Russians have yet to be used heavily in the GTA series, and the IV East European thing kinda worked well.

Scamp: Due to the name, I'd go for a smaller chopper - smaller than the Maverick. Maybe a Hughes 500D - but a civilian version, unlike TBoGT.

I personally think it's more along the lines of that bulb with an engine from Vice City

Heli_vcpf: Not sure what the VCPF suffix stands for. Would have made sense if the game had been set in Vice City,,,

Perhaps VCPF is a news company or radio station?

Heli_tfe: Not a clue about that suffix.

tfe could be the final experiment. Who knows.

Boats:

Chika: Sounds like "chica"... think about it... bikini chicks tanning on the deck of a luxury yacht?

Finally, completing the VC yacht!

Sabs_boat: Who's Sab? Because this might be his boat.

Probably a low level thug you do a mission with, one of the special objects to get in the game?

small_gb2: Something small, but I have no idea what it is exactly.

Gun boat perhaps?

Contbo: I wonder if the "cont" part could mean "Contraband". Perhaps a boat used by mexican smugglers.

Smug: The plot thickens. The smuggling boat theory kinda makes sense.

Many of the GTA games have had smuggler boats, so it's probably just a reincarnation of this boat

Trains:

lighty: Maybe some kind of MOW railcar.

I'm thinking it's a little tiny railcar with the amber beacon on top like this. Perhaps the railway will have a lot of importance