MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Couldnt remember my password.. Social networking FTW!..

Anywho.. I love the mod guys, It's great. You're perfectly balancing enough content, and too much content. (Yes, there is such a thing as too much content)

It could be better, luckily its only V1, and I do have high hopes. I like the challenge, I dont like the mods that have a shortcut for everything. So this is a plus.

I do have a suggestion though, and you guys are going to flame me right off the forums, I know it.

But I would absolutely love to see a Mutual-Aid Volunteer Fire department (That you have to actually sound the tones and watch the firefighters run to the station blahblahblah) i dont know why, but those kinds of script mods really intrigue me.

It's just a light suggestion, I dont expect to see it and im not downplaying yourr mod at all :)

Keep it up guys!

I do have a suggestion though, and you guys are going to flame me right off the forums, I know it.

But I would absolutely love to see a Mutual-Aid Volunteer Fire department (That you have to actually sound the tones and watch the firefighters run to the station blahblahblah) i dont know why, but those kinds of script mods really intrigue me.

Naw we won't flame ya off the forum for asking for something that might exist (IE legitimate suggestions that arent the same questions asked and answered), far as I know NYC is incorporated fire for the most part, I am unaware if there are even volunteer fire departments servicing the greater metro area so I'm not sure if the idea is realistic for the mod or not to be totally honest.

On the technical end those scripts are very cool but also rather unstable because of how many things must go right in order for it to work 100%, for this mod we already have a good deal of complicated scripts that have the "chain-fire" type structure so I'm not sure if this can be done or not, time will tell especially considering some of our scripts are kind of iffy on whether they actually complete all actions all the time.

Another Realism thing that you might want to know about is in FS2. EMS is separate from fire and the EMS Conditions boss (The guy in the EMS SUV) would never be quartered in a regular run of the mill fire house. so you might want to move him to the hospital and set up an EMS station there, Even if it is just a door on the side of the hospital that has the FDNY or HHC Logo on it (Thats typically what they are in Real life). My suggestion for the extra bay in FS2 would be to put a foam unit or satellite unit there.

why would the mod run for 99 of 100 downlaods and be corrupt?

Seems quite logic...

Instead of blaming mod makers you should start blaming Atari... I'll get into checking this since i more then suspect that it has EXACTLY the same issue as the download version of Emergency 3 had

Simple:

- Download

- Extract to anywhere

- Double click the e4mod file

- Installing...

- Done

- Load the game

- Click mods

- Select the mod

- Load

Nothing more, nothing less

Sadly, clicking the Emod file doesnt do a damn thing. Lol. Windows only pops up a message saying it doesnt recognize that type of file. Im not stupid. Ive used computers since the home computer was invented. Ive tried every logical path to installing this item, however, with the mod installer always saying it is corrupt, it simply will not install. As I stated, the LA mod worked fine as after extraction, it was an exe file, however, the NY mod is not an exe file, thus, clicking on it does nothing. Js.

Then you have one of three errors.

First, do the clear download cache, then redownload, try again, and save the rar for the love of god.

Second, you downloaded an atari version, in that case, it's the company that you have to take it up with, we can't do anything about it

Third, you've downloaded a copy of the game illegally, and therefore the mod installer doesn't work. We won't be releasing the mod in any other file type except the e4mod file, so if you cannot open that with your modinstaller, becuase your modinstaller doesn't work, but a legit version.

Just a little question, i thought that the FDNY had 6 firefighters in the engines and ladders? it would be nice to have the 6 in the ladder but I can change that.

and for all of the people that say the ladder in fs1 doesn't staff has no imagination, just take 4 guys out of the engine and put them in the ladder, then raise the alarm. TAAADDDAAAAAAA!

at least thats what i do, since they cost like 1000 a FF

This may be a bit off topic, but i think regaurdless, it'll be appreciated.

Ive been watching this topic like a hawk

And I noticed you all

Especially MikeyPI and NFK, have been keeping up with the questions and responses on the thread amazingly, and It impresses me.

I think thats one of the best things about being a MOD Creator, listening to community input, and cooperating with them.

I appreciate it, as im sure the rest of the community. :)

Good job!

According to the UFA, The FDNY Engines have 4or5 on them, depending on what the commissioner says based on absenteeism and whatnot

Ladder companies do carry 6 members, however for the sake of this game, it'd be rather pointless to have 6 on board, as i personally can barely find use for four in most calls.

First of all, great mod guys, due to schoolwork I really haven't been keeping up with the forum like I should and this was a very welcome surprise. I have a couple suggestions, some of which really aren't necessary but are just realism/variety ideas. Though the majority of emergency ambulances in NYC are FDNY EMS units, many hospitals in the city have ambulance divisions that respond to emergency calls as they operate under the FDNY EMS umbrella, along with many volunteer ambulance units that supplement the FDNY and hospital units. Another idea is the addition of at least one or two of the plethora of other law enforcement agencies that have jurisdiction in the city, between transit agencies like the MTA police, the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, or the famous PAPDNJNJ and other specialized agencies like the waterfront police, or the CO-OP city police. I'll try not to clutter the thread too much with suggestions, so I'll end it with the final suggestion for a suggestions thread just to keep things relatively tidy.

Another Realism thing that you might want to know about is in FS2. EMS is separate from fire and the EMS Conditions boss (The guy in the EMS SUV) would never be quartered in a regular run of the mill fire house. so you might want to move him to the hospital and set up an EMS station there, Even if it is just a door on the side of the hospital that has the FDNY or HHC Logo on it (Thats typically what they are in Real life). My suggestion for the extra bay in FS2 would be to put a foam unit or satellite unit there.

For V1 the station loadout stays the same because I made the FS1 too big and had to build 61 at the last minute to fill the slot because whoops we had one left over, and the batt chief was added last minute as well=) Hopefully in a later version we can find a way to sort out where to put the buggar but the issue there is that it'll take scripting to move him and probrably a CP at the hospital in case ppl get shot/blown up or otherwise dead... Kinda why that guy is at FS2.

Just a little question, i thought that the FDNY had 6 firefighters in the engines and ladders? it would be nice to have the 6 in the ladder but I can change that.

and for all of the people that say the ladder in fs1 doesn't staff has no imagination, just take 4 guys out of the engine and put them in the ladder, then raise the alarm. TAAADDDAAAAAAA!

at least thats what i do, since they cost like 1000 a FF

I agree with NFK the LA mod has 6 guys in the ladder, I never use the guys in the thing just one guy for the ladder it's self and the rest get hose duty if it gets out of hand... So I really don't believe 6 are required on the ladder... Add in that 4 is a nice round numbers since 4 is what rapid deploy uses so I kinda like it that way, means repacking all the vehicles is relatively easy, grab four and you're done=)

Hopefully the patch will fix the ladder not staffing, it's too close to it's brother next to it, which is why it doesnt like to staff correctly, we are resolving that to hopefully limit parking issues to where the only problem is when traffic passes by the front of the station only... Maybe in V2 we can come up with something else to do, but for now ya gotta either block the street w/ ff's or just try again if a car blocks it entering or exiting (happened to me a few times)

First of all, great mod guys, due to schoolwork I really haven't been keeping up with the forum like I should and this was a very welcome surprise. I have a couple suggestions, some of which really aren't necessary but are just realism/variety ideas. Though the majority of emergency ambulances in NYC are FDNY EMS units, many hospitals in the city have ambulance divisions that respond to emergency calls as they operate under the FDNY EMS umbrella, along with many volunteer ambulance units that supplement the FDNY and hospital units. Another idea is the addition of at least one or two of the plethora of other law enforcement agencies that have jurisdiction in the city, between transit agencies like the MTA police, the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority, or the famous PAPDNJNJ and other specialized agencies like the waterfront police, or the CO-OP city police. I'll try not to clutter the thread too much with suggestions, so I'll end it with the final suggestion for a suggestions thread just to keep things relatively tidy.

I have no idea which ambos do such things, nor any clue where to find pictures of said ambos or what their uniforms look like, so I can't add more ambos to the mod without help there.... I wouldnt be against adding it since EMS services are very light in this mod as it is, another ambo or two isnt going to over clutter the mod UI, just for the sake of variety. MTA police was considered, but I kind of felt they were redundant, I might do the NY/NJ TA cars, the ugly things with the stripes all over their hood and what not in a later date, but they'd behave like cops whichever group I did, MTA Metro PD have a hazmat truck but that'd kill the use of the hazmats that were already added, without new features they'd be redundantly pointless... At the moment I'm kind of torn on whether or not to add more agencies without missions to augment their existance it kind of gets redundant to me, atm I'd personally rather focus on things like the tower that did not make it into V1 rather than just more reskins, but that's my feelings=)

I believe there is 2 stations in Brooklyn that are 100% volunteer.

Without pictures of them or what their units do and all that, we can't even begin to assess whether we can find a use for them or where to put them for a later version, the SAR truck is 100% volunteer, in reality they have no lights at all nor markings, maybe a door decal at best from what I saw of them on their sites... If one dares call them that, I felt that wasnt enough to remember which vehicle it is, or to locate it at night so I put a pretty amber flashy light on top and decals from the volunteer group that operates in NYC... Not totally real I admit, but an emergency vehicle in this game without any lights is just sad to me=-(

It will be great to see chase script on the HP cars, NYPD precinct patrol and traffic vans, for HP officers - special uniform, green reflective vests for HP patrol, increase speed for chargers, auxilliary police, may be FSD units ('cause it's very to repair police cars it can make mod more real) :rolleyes:

It will be great to see chase script on the HP cars, That is on the docket I do believe

NYPD precinct patrol and traffic vans, Adding that in would not realy add much in the way of gameplay, however we may think about it, simply for the reason of variety

for HP officers - special uniform, In the works I do believe

green reflective vests for HP patrol, Possibly will accompany the HWY uniforms

increase speed for chargers, Actually, according to a little check I just did, the charger can go about as fast as the rest of the regular police vehicles in service

auxilliary police, Realistically, they wouldn't serve much purpose, since we've got Traffic for traffic, and regular for regular. If Aux does something special though that regular NYPD doesn't do, or that we don't have covered, then please enlighten me, as it's not out the range of possibilities I've overlooked that

may be FSD units ('cause it's very to repair police cars it can make mod more real) We're looking at other ways to repair vehicles on map, similar to the fire station repair options, but in real life, youseldom see the FSD repairing cars in field for teh kinda damage they take in this game

I have no idea which ambos do such things, nor any clue where to find pictures of said ambos or what their uniforms look like, so I can't add more ambos to the mod without help there....

When I was in NYC, I saw AMR once

Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan has a fairly big EMS dvision, as does St. Luke's Roosevelt along with a few others inter spaced throughout NYC along with a few volunteer units such as the Central Park Medical Unit. If you like, I could pm you some photos and links of units and personnel. In regards to auxiliary, though they are a tad redundant, you see so many around the city that it would seem very unrealistic not to have any. Their functions do cross over with both the sworn NYPD members and traffic agents but are also used for disaster response and crowd control, and have some limited law enforcement powers.

We may look at adding in Auxiliary later on, however since they're tasks are already covered, then it is not as much a neccesity.

As for the other amublances, feel free to post or message myself or MikeyPI the pictures of the ambulances AND the personnel on the in uniform, so we can get them right the first time ;)

Is there anyway to install this mod without using the ModInstaller? Mines corrupted and I can't find the thread about how to fix it, or if someone can direct me to the thread I need.

It's already been said, the answer is no.

A corrupted ModInstaller is a possible sign of a pirated copy of the game. (Not saying you pirated it)

Which is not condoned.

Greetings,

I have been busy at work but have always been an FDNY buff to some sorts and i know youve been getting a lot of requests and i'll apologize early for this large of a post due to the pictures, but you stated in an earlier post that you needed to add vehicles to fill a fire house and i have some ideas for future releases:

the first is a High Rise Unit/ reserve rescue unit, which could be as easy as some equipment and skinning changes.

This unit could also be skinned for use as another hazmat unit, mobile command unit, collapse rescue.

post-3430-0-36431000-1302216686_thumb.jp

High Rise Units are assigned to 10-76s and 10-77s citywide. They carry equipment, lights, and generators that are used in combating high-rise building fires. The High-Rise units are with Engs. 3 and 39, with Engs. 33 and 22 as backups. usuially staffed with 1 or 2 firefighters off of a unit from the station they are staffed in.

The second would be a NYP ambulance, New York Presbyterian Hospital is the largest hospital based EMS service in NYC, operating out of 10 hospitals with both ALS and BLS ambulances.

post-3430-0-17881700-1302217186_thumb.jp

Third is an FDNY Haz Tac ambulance, these ambulances, in addition to their normal 911 call volume are trained as hazmat tech.'s and provide medical care and decon to contaminated individuals. i believe this would be useful in the game so that if an individual is injured you could just load and go with the ambulance being the decon unit, in turn, you could have EMS haz mat persons that can treat injured in the hot zone without becoming contaminated. to tell the difference between the two ( regular and HAZ Tac Medics) you could make the haz tac medics have blue chemical suits.

post-3430-0-80605100-1302217590_thumb.jp

It would also be nice to see other engines and ladders so that u have more of a variety when u have to call in units from off the map. personally it would be amazing to see Ladder 10 housed with Engine 10.

post-3430-0-76245600-1302218599_thumb.jp

again, sorry for the legnthy-ness of this post, and this is a great modification. since i found out of its release my xbox has started to collect dust.

the first is a High Rise Unit/ reserve rescue unit, which could be as easy as some equipment and skinning changes.

This unit could also be skinned for use as another hazmat unit, mobile command unit, collapse rescue.

post-3430-0-36431000-1302216686_thumb.jpg

High rises cannot exist in game, and we won't be making other units out of said unit simply because they already exist in a real form, so creating ones wouldn't be neccessary. The Res1cue has everything that we could put in game for that kinda thing anyways

The second would be a NYP ambulance, New York Presbyterian Hospital is the largest hospital based EMS service in NYC, operating out of 10 hospitals with both ALS and BLS ambulances.

Other ambulances have been spoken about, we didn't have sufficient uniform and unit pics

Third is an FDNY Haz Tac ambulance, these ambulances, in addition to their normal 911 call volume are trained as hazmat tech.'s and provide medical care and decon to contaminated individuals. i believe this would be useful in the game so that if an individual is injured you could just load and go with the ambulance being the decon unit, in turn, you could have EMS haz mat persons that can treat injured in the hot zone without becoming contaminated. to tell the difference between the two ( regular and HAZ Tac Medics) you could make the haz tac medics have blue chemical suits.

We were planning that but omitted it for one reason or another. I think we replaced that with hazmat compnay no 1