MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

just a quick question any word on a tower ladder? Also will in the upcoming patch, will the highrise lightbars redirect traffic?

I've said before the tower ladder is a concept that was held off until the next proper version... We believed it would be prone to bugs so that is why it wasnt done for v1... And yes the redirecting of the highrisers is resolved for the patch.

Helicopters will fly through large buildings, that is why skyscrapers are not allowed in the game unfortunately, add in the camera would be an unhappy camper if you built true high-rises on a map... Remember EM4 is NOT true to life scale, so unfortunately making a proper map of NYC is next to impossible without either the cam getting blocked or helos doing fly-bys through the buildings.... IMO that's worse than doing a low-rise area of NYC on the map.

hey didnt they doing something in the hamburg mod where you can zoom out really far and view the whole city? and about the helicopter thing if it was a model would they still fly through unlike what dyson did in his ny submod he made wood pieces inside and some skin outside so would a whole model work?

hey didnt they doing something in the hamburg mod where you can zoom out really far and view the whole city? and about the helicopter thing if it was a model would they still fly through unlike what dyson did in his ny submod he made wood pieces inside and some skin outside so would a whole model work?

They very well may have but it would require you to have your settings changed in the whole game, just like a cam hack, my mod isnt meant to be cam hacked if you do so that's your own choice but I'm not building the mod with the premise that you'll be either zoomed out or zoomed insanely in, it works within the default camera settings...

Helicopters behave as they do, there is a very very poor workaround for the fact helos do not behave like the cars do... It would require a complex script and if it failed it could crash the game.... Aside from that technique, the helicopter when in chase mode will go through whatever is in it's way regardless of if it has physics or not, it doesnt care.... However upon landng it reaquires physics and becomes a vehicle on the ground again....

Helos for this game tend to be one of the more frustrating aspects of the game modding.. Hence why there arent many helos with custom rotors and bodies made for this game.

As we've said before: once we can get NY/NJ accented people to do the voice acting in a later version we will update those things for the mod (the mod-files only) we can't do anything about the mission voices and all that BS because that would mod the original game and I won't make a mod that will force you to disrupt your default gaming experience.

I do understand the decision to not bother with the tiller.

but it has such amazing potential if it could just work correctly. I doubt there is any way to fix the way the trailer interacts with the enviroment. But, I do understand peoples dissapointment.

I love that thing IRL :P

The tiller is ugly as sin the way it behaves... Its that simple... Trailers cant be made to have physics so they will ALWAYS behave as they currently do, for a small trailer this isnt an issue, for a large one it's very notable....

Loving it in reality doesnt mean that the game will sadly like it too

The tiller is ugly as sin the way it behaves... Its that simple... Trailers cant be made to have physics so they will ALWAYS behave as they currently do, for a small trailer this isnt an issue, for a large one it's very notable....

Couldnt have said it better myself

Agree'd. and I understand. jussayin I understand the /sadface of the situation

Not like one single tiller is gonna make or break this mod. Id rather not have it at all, then having it and having it be insanely unrealistic and budgy.

So that decision is a good one, imho :P

I wish there were a way around the physics issue, but even in reality if one could get physics in the case of something as big as the tiller... Chances are it'd get stuck on things because the game wouldnt drive it right unforunately... Maybe down the line we'll try a few techniques to see if we can't fix it... but I'm not holding out on that thing ever working properly and for that reason I don't want to build one or have it roaming about wobbling all over, getting cars going thru it, and getting stuck in buildings and what not... Shame as it is, EM4 was not built with america in mind, so alotta features we use far more than the euro guys won't work on this game's base framework.

They don't really serve a purpose other than lagging the game to no end... considering that the station rooftop comes off the structure you'd have a furrmen comming down from nowhere, which probrably would look worse than no pole... The stations arent setup to be open buildings on part of the floor like a "cutaway" because of the fact sometimes you gotta grab the guys and all of that stuff...

Sending a furrman down the pole, then another one, then another one while possible through an animation would be alot of work since i'd have to create a new dude to send down a pole and the script would lag on some computers and probrably not work at all on others... Very few could enjoy a feature like this correctly so I do not beleive it is in the best interest of time vs. reward to attempt to do this... EM1 might have had this, but this is EM4 which is a totally different system.