MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

I'm pretty sure it is possible, i haven't tried it though so don't hold me to it. happy.gif

I have just tried it throught the editor and it didnt work, i beleive because it is not an LA MOD Sub-mod, and that the script for the action was not made with this MOD because it is an independent MOD. From what i see copying the script from LA MOD would be the best way to approach this, if you want to change it. My 2 Cents. 12.gif

I really don't get why everyone is so obsessed with the chase command. With it you can just kind of go through the motions of the game without a second thought. Without it, it makes you actually work to get tasks accomplished.

hello, i saw that i dont have every emergency vehicle in the game but in the editor i do does any one know how i can fix that thank you

Most of the police cars are on a cycle script for freeplay. So each time you request a new police car you'll get one of the different cars (for example the NYPD RMP goes crown vic, new impala, old impala, charger, explorer, and then back to the crown vic). This cuts down on the clutter in the menu.

Looks interesting, I like the hospital parking and police station but feel as if the mod is a bit empty. Maybe because it's still in the start, Keep up the good work!!! :)

I'm pretty sure it is possible, i haven't tried it though so don't hold me to it. happy.gif

No it can't as I tried already. I did get it to work when it came out the first time. But sense the newer release it won't work. :1046276372_bawling:

Well, what would you add to make it less empty?

Well, I'm not sure exactly on what to add. But in my point of view I think that adding more events would make the mod more interesting even if it's events which take 1 minute plus adding more interesting vehicles would be nice. I know that most of the vehicles which will be added after this are useless but they are fun to play with, The vehicles right now in the mode are the vehicles which are basic for the game to run.

Plus maybe some map changes which will be interesting, I already like the police station parking where you can park more than 3 vehicles and the hospital too. But I'm sure that these changes will come in future releases thats why I'm not worried right now. :)

Keep up the good work though I like it very much :)

Thanks for your hard work :)

Tarek

I would love to see different engines in the list to be called from off map. You gotta admit that it looks a bit odd when there are for example 2 engine 10's at the same incident. Just think it'd be nice to have the ability to call engines that aren't based at one of the fire stations on map.

Just a thought....

I would love to see different engines in the list to be called from off map. You gotta admit that it looks a bit odd when there are for example 2 engine 10's at the same incident. Just think it'd be nice to have the ability to call engines that aren't based at one of the fire stations on map.

Just a thought....

Well the patrol cars are like this (different car when you spawn one). But that comes straight from the police station. I'm not sure if that could be possible with units being called off map.

I like the idea of calling additional engines with the random spawn technique. I think I read earlier that something like that was in the works. The other thing that might be nice is random parking spots for ambulances. Not sure exactly how they do it in NYC, but most cities don't leave the ambulances just parked at the hospital. They generally have "posts" assigned and the ambulance will sit there while waiting for calls. They're usually major intersections. The ambulance might sit in a nearby parking lot until requested. This would be perfect in addition to a few parking spots at the hospital (since there are always a few rigs at the hospital).

Updates will NOT be done in the same frequency as with other modifications, we will work on things and get them all resolved/working, then release in a large update, opposed to just adding one or two new vehicles every 2-3 months... The patch process took the previous month, currently we have the map it's self to replace, the helicopters to replace with real ones instead of generics, and the mid-mount tower to work on... All these require new models, and new helos from scratch take time.... So unfortunately that's where I am at right now, the Mid-mount ladder will require scripting... For the next version the map is our primary addon that we wish to do, to increase the "feel" of nyc, a few new models (aside from buildings) and perhaps a few new features to compliment the new map, since it will permit us more control over the events which take place on the map to at least try to keep more of the issues you'd see in NYC as more frequent things, as opposed to the original modded map we used for V1 where it's kind of what the game had in mind.

I don't know if I asked this or if someone else did...f I did, please forgive me. Are you going to install boxes on some corners like NYC? One option can simply be an engine or RMP. Nothing too fancy with choosing options just Fire and Police.

Ok, I have never had a dang problem with EM4 and adding mods, EVER!!! Right now, using the same computer, trying to install the New York Mod..step by step, my process

1. Download mod file from this site (emergency-planet.com)

2. Click open with. Winrar.exe...it downloads the file, but as a freakin adobe file or something...I extract it to my desktop and open the mod installer and try to install the mod file from the desktop but it says it's corrupt, I close the corrupt box...it keeps the mod installer open, with the little box saying operation in progress...but it never finishes...and I have tried everything I can think of so I am resorting to asking anyone here for some kind of help! or if they have had the same problem before and found a way to fix it!!! THANK YOu lol?

Ok, I have never had a dang problem with EM4 and adding mods, EVER!!! Right now, using the same computer, trying to install the New York Mod..step by step, my process

1. Download mod file from this site (emergency-planet.com)

2. Click open with. Winrar.exe...it downloads the file, but as a freakin adobe file or something...I extract it to my desktop and open the mod installer and try to install the mod file from the desktop but it says it's corrupt, I close the corrupt box...it keeps the mod installer open, with the little box saying operation in progress...but it never finishes...and I have tried everything I can think of so I am resorting to asking anyone here for some kind of help! or if they have had the same problem before and found a way to fix it!!! THANK YOu lol?

When it says a file is corrupt, it isn't complete, only one option; redownload, dont do anything else in the meantime, and if you use google chrome to download, use Firefox or internet explorer, because chrome sometime has the habit to stop the download.

To the mod makers: Thank you for the mod, ive been playing for days now!

When it says a file is corrupt, it isn't complete, only one option; redownload, dont do anything else in the meantime, and if you use google chrome to download, use Firefox or internet explorer, because chrome sometime has the habit to stop the download.

To the mod makers: Thank you for the mod, ive been playing for days now!

but thats the problem...I have redownloaded it multiple times, and have sat here while it downloads...and it still says it's corrupt...when yours was done downloading did it show it have adobe set as the program it opens with? because I think that is where this error is coming from...AND, I DO use firefox because I hate all other internet programs lol...

but thats the problem...I have redownloaded it multiple times, and have sat here while it downloads...and it still says it's corrupt...when yours was done downloading did it show it have adobe set as the program it opens with? because I think that is where this error is coming from...AND, I DO use firefox because I hate all other internet programs lol...

Clear your internetz cache, chances are what ist happenin is that it's using ur internet cache when it comes to downloading the mod, and thus you keep getting the same corrupted download over and over... Sometimes it happens... As for the icon it shows to open it with... Sometimes when I play a game or something of that nature it'll change the icon it shows that opens the files, in the end it's totally false, just a glitch of windows that happens w/ some of my older games... File is now a .ZIP since so many people had issues with the .rar on the initial release, it includes 3 files, 2 of which are PDFs and one mod package.

Wish I could be more helpful but I honestly do not know other than the fact your cache might be getting used to re-dl the same "corrupt" version over again... I've had that happen in the past w/ the LA mod, probrably is at fault here as well.

Clear your internetz cache, chances are what ist happenin is that it's using ur internet cache when it comes to downloading the mod, and thus you keep getting the same corrupted download over and over... Sometimes it happens... As for the icon it shows to open it with... Sometimes when I play a game or something of that nature it'll change the icon it shows that opens the files, in the end it's totally false, just a glitch of windows that happens w/ some of my older games... File is now a .ZIP since so many people had issues with the .rar on the initial release, it includes 3 files, 2 of which are PDFs and one mod package.

Wish I could be more helpful but I honestly do not know other than the fact your cache might be getting used to re-dl the same "corrupt" version over again... I've had that happen in the past w/ the LA mod, probrably is at fault here as well.

Ok...So I have cleard my cache and everything and anything else that I can, still getting the same error...I extract the mod file to the desktop, then open the mod installer hit install package and click the mod file from the desktop and it still says the mod file is corrupt...I use windows 7, I run everything as administrator...cleared the cache, can anyone who has windows 7 or vista give me a very detailed step by step of how they did it? and maybe tell me if they had to change or edit something for it to work? I am sorry to keep posting about this but I am a huge fan and have been looking forward to this mod forever! lol...thanks

I don't know if I asked this or if someone else did...f I did, please forgive me. Are you going to install boxes on some corners like NYC? One option can simply be an engine or RMP. Nothing too fancy with choosing options just Fire and Police.

By boxes, do you mean the call boxes that are on some corners in NYC which have a fire and a pd option? If you do, they really wouldn't serve any purpose in the mod, since it's like a phone to call in an emergency on.

They do exist, seldomly but they are scattered around some boroughs.. Those are meant to send an NYPD unit to the area and get you in contact with a 911 operator for assistnace. In our game it wouldn't work well mainly due to the fact, civilians can;t be programmed ot do that, and we wouldn't use a call box to call for backup... That's why emergency officers ahve radios ;)

Well, maybe the boxes wouldn´t work but I think that it would have a purpose as another way to call units: suppose that you have an incident in a zone of the map, and in that zone there is a box, you select the box and you can send a patrol car or a fire truck to the surrounding area of the box. Something like the dispatch panel out of the fire station or the units call script on the police officers.

You need a Patrol function. Great mod!

I'm pretty sure we have this on the patrol cars already.... I could be mistaken though..... *sighs.

Well, maybe the boxes wouldn´t work but I think that it would have a purpose as another way to call units: suppose that you have an incident in a zone of the map, and in that zone there is a box, you select the box and you can send a patrol car or a fire truck to the surrounding area of the box. Something like the dispatch panel out of the fire station or the units call script on the police officers.

More likely than not it'd be another way to make the mod buggy for people with slower/older machines... Every scripted event added increases the odds something will fail if a user has and older/slower or overloaded machine... Imo given the size of the maps this function would serve no purpose since we are not talking about GTAIV here, you have the cool feature of a minimap to bounce to a station, then an icon that lets you instantly bounce back to the incident...

Hello!

I was just wondering, because I like the mod but I always like to go scripting and optimize it for myself, is there a patch coming anytime soon, if not I'm going to script some stuff to my wishes.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Niels / Maffegozer.