MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Hello!

I was just wondering, because I like the mod but I always like to go scripting and optimize it for myself, is there a patch coming anytime soon, if not I'm going to script some stuff to my wishes.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Niels / Maffegozer.

We only do one patch per version unless a major issue arises... The next update will be a full version release, not just a patch and I have no idea when we will be done it, although some if not most of your changes probrably will not be compatible with the next full version just so you're aware.

We only do one patch per version unless a major issue arises... The next update will be a full version release, not just a patch and I have no idea when we will be done it, although some if not most of your changes probrably will not be compatible with the next full version just so you're aware.

That's why I asked.

Thanks!:danke:

Starting to modify some scripts rightaway and making some new ones!:holdglass:

I found out online that Engine 23 is now an M2 Marauder. Will you be making that for V2 or 3? I have that style of lightbar made on my computer if you want it.

hey guys :)

Every time I want to start the freeplay, there is an error: " Symbol spawn is not defined in current scope". I allready re-installed the mod, and it happens in Endless and Challenge mode.

I hope you can help....!! :D

Thats a script error.

Well you didnt tell us the script that the error came from so how are we supposed to know which script has an error?... Nor did you tell us what you modified, because you are the soul one to complain of this issue so that leads logic to believe you've attempted to modify the mod.

oh yeah - i didnt know, what (LAFireStation12f525) means, so I forgot it :D

i didnt modified anything. why should I modidy something, befor I played the game? ;)

LAFireStation is not a script in the NYC Mod. Im sure you're talking about the NYC Submod for the Los Angeles Mod.

(LAFireStation12f525) = a script that does NOT exist in our modification... So.. simply put I'd guess BOTH of you have installed the LA NYC submod incorrectly (not shocking that this could happen).... Which is why you get the error when you load our modification, if you load ours up... The scripts for the NY and LA fire station work relatively similarly which can cause the LA fire one to start even though it is not needed for this mod... You two probrably need to reinstall your games if you have the NY submod for the LA mod installed because I am guessing that is why you're seeing this... Our mod does not have any "LA" scripts in it, and if you incorrectly installed the submod to the root directory instead of the LA mod it could cause this...

The only other way an LA script can end up in the NY MOD is if you copied it trying to add features from LA to NY MOD, which also isnt supported and probrably wouldnt work.

I just stopped by here at the forums, when I saw this new mod. I downloaded and played it.

I have to say, great job! I really like the mod and the new NYPD units. I also like how it makes the game not too easy.

Here are my suggestions for the mod:

1. New York Accents Needed! Re-Record the game's European voices with people who have New York accents. The accent is very unique.
  2. The NYPD Toyota Prius would be nice.
  3. Patrol function for ambulances.
  4. There's a bug: sometimes when you hit Radio Deployment on a firetruck, not all of the firemen mount their hoses to the truck.
  5. A new map with skyscrapers (which I know you guys are working on).

• New York Accents Needed! Re-Record the game's European voices with people who have New York accents. The accent is very unique.
    Already in progress
  • The NYPD Toyota Prius would be nice.
    I think this is from after the cutoff point of 2008ish
  • Patrol function for ambulances.
    Discussed and vetoed because no ambulance in New York Patrols.
  • There's a bug: sometimes when you hit Radio Deployment on a firetruck, not all of the firemen mount their hoses to the truck.
    That's a game problem not one of ours, the only way we could work around it is to delay the exit so that one or two get out at a time. Too many people try to hook up to the one spot and someone quits after getting stuck
  • A new map with skyscrapers (which I know you guys are working on).
    Impossible. Skyscrapers means horrid camera action and no helicopters at all

the mod is absolutely fantastic but im seeing people keep talking about a patrol feature on the ambo's( some ambo's in nyc do patrol honestly)... what they really need is a standby feature as do some cop cars....( id suggest highway patrol since they cant chase n give speeding tickets) because ambo's n HP tend to have have a fixed position in the zone there assigned my uncle works highway 2 thats the only reason i know n my aunt is an emt

I do understand that some ambulances do patrol, but you need to remember, we are running FDNY ambulances in this mod, wehich are barely ever out if not on a call. The standby feature was vetoed becuase realisitcally, it doesn't serve much purpose. If the unit is at the staiton, or parked on the side of the road, it will still get called out to the scene if needed. All standby would do would be cancel any movement, shutoff lights and play a sound file. If it is really that important to gameplay to a vast majority of the users, we will look at it, but right now we have more pressing issues than adding a pointless command, to make the gameplay a little more complex. I personally didn't like it too much, because if I forgot to activate the standby when I parked a unit, but dispatched for it anyways, it wouldn't leave, as it was marked busy.

As for patrolling, we aren't touching anything to do with patrolling on this current map. I'm in the process of finishing the first stages of the new map, in which a highway-like area will be included, as well as several other things that will make this game much more challenging, as well as interesting. We will be doing patrol areas that are unit specific, IE, highway units will patrol the highway area, traffic units will hang around manhatten a lot, or do sparse patrols on the other borough sample, and things like that, since it's unrealistic to see a regular RMP being followed 2 minutes later on regular patrol by a HWY RMP when you look out your window. And some people have asked about making the ESU REP patrol, I will make an area on the map for that to be patrolling, so you needn't worry.

I just stopped by here at the forums, when I saw this new mod. I downloaded and played it.

I have to say, great job! I really like the mod and the new NYPD units. I also like how it makes the game not too easy.

Here are my suggestions for the mod:

1. New York Accents Needed! Re-Record the game's European voices with people who have New York accents. The accent is very unique.
  2. The NYPD Toyota Prius would be nice.
  3. Patrol function for ambulances.
  4. There's a bug: sometimes when you hit Radio Deployment on a firetruck, not all of the firemen mount their hoses to the truck.
  5. A new map with skyscrapers (which I know you guys are working on).

Well I think the accents are unneeded and a bit of extra work, and the FDNY Ambulance, is a FDNY Ambulance, Fire dept ambulances return to the station, unlike AMR ambulances or Boston EMS onces. and I think that there are already enough police cars. But if they want to do it, be my guest.

I do understand that some ambulances do patrol, but you need to remember, we are running FDNY ambulances in this mod, wehich are barely ever out if not on a call. The standby feature was vetoed becuase realisitcally, it doesn't serve much purpose. If the unit is at the staiton, or parked on the side of the road, it will still get called out to the scene if needed. All standby would do would be cancel any movement, shutoff lights and play a sound file. If it is really that important to gameplay to a vast majority of the users, we will look at it, but right now we have more pressing issues than adding a pointless command, to make the gameplay a little more complex. I personally didn't like it too much, because if I forgot to activate the standby when I parked a unit, but dispatched for it anyways, it wouldn't leave, as it was marked busy.

As for patrolling, we aren't touching anything to do with patrolling on this current map. I'm in the process of finishing the first stages of the new map, in which a highway-like area will be included, as well as several other things that will make this game much more challenging, as well as interesting. We will be doing patrol areas that are unit specific, IE, highway units will patrol the highway area, traffic units will hang around manhatten a lot, or do sparse patrols on the other borough sample, and things like that, since it's unrealistic to see a regular RMP being followed 2 minutes later on regular patrol by a HWY RMP when you look out your window. And some people have asked about making the ESU REP patrol, I will make an area on the map for that to be patrolling, so you needn't worry.

I read a few updates from prior pages, personally I'm more interested in the Mid-Mount if ya'll are still working on that. The additional buttons, etc aren't that much of a concern for me at the moment, I can do that stuff manually. Having more unit depth and a stable foundation counts the most.

Aside from that which you already know the mod looks wonderful good job as usual.

And FDNY ambulance return to hospital, not station

exactly...

there were some plans a while ago to merge EMS and FF but there was a lot of opposition from the FF Union as well as from the EMS Union...partially due to the nature of their work structure

FF usually work as a "dependent team" where one relies on the other and strictly work in form of a command level structure...

EMS are supposed to work as independently as possible

on top of this there is some sort of envy towards the FF from the EMS because of the higher public attention and public acknowledgement of the sacrifices and hard work of the FF even though that EMS work under the same difficult and dangerous conditions

having said this does not mean that EMS and FF will not work on a very professional level together and share close friendships