MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

nobody is questioning that the USCG is present in the NY area and even got their own units right there in order to perform maritime safety and security operations or assist in any sort of water related problems but there is no air unit based..having said this there are air units assigned to the NY area but they operate from the air station atlantic city

MikeyPI, the grass in the open field parts and a 4 helo pad gets uncovered, pow! USCG on land, lol.

that was a joke, for all you non jokers.

on a serious note, looking good and take your time. quality over quantity.

NFK and I tend to agree with you, it's a james bond style conspiracy base... When you turn around the grass parts and up comes the helipads =) (we joked the very same thing lmao)

Note to the users who want the patch, we just uploaded over the original version A. to save headaches of trying to explain how to patch the files... and B. to limit versions that are out there, hopefully this makes it easier on users along with us on identifying bugs since the V1.0 is no longer available and only 1.01 is now.

Hard to believe the original has only been out for 4 weeks about. The anticipation for the patch makes it seem like its been out for a lot longer. Either way the patch makes this mod even better. Keep up the good work.

I love what you guys have done with the Coast Guard helo. I've been messing around with it quite a bit and it's a great new toy. Even though it kinda contradicts what I've been trying to say the last day or so about there being no Air Station in New York I set up a little Coast Guard Air Station in the opening behind FS1. Even have an extra ambulance parked there on stand-by. Don't get much use out of it but it's a nice little thing to have.

the link to download the new version, is not working. It just brings up an error page.

I was adding the appropriate fix for an error NFK made that had to be rectified, the file has been changed and replaced, in the bug reporting there is a "hotfix" for users that already have the modification, for everyone else who's not downloaded the mod before my post in the bug reports the version on the download center has it already included.

yay version 1.01 cant wait to try it out its at 25mbs/72.1mbs cant

EDIT: btw here is the hot fix for the esu suv NY MOD Hotfix

You only require the Hotfix if you downloaded the patched version PRIOR to the post in the Bug Reporting section which has the file in it originally, if you downloaded after that post's date/time (time on this forum is set to local time for posts) then you have no necessity for that "fix"... I just added that little hotfix as a means to save the users who already got the patched version from having to re-download the whole thing again for a simple fix, it is included in the currently uploaded version of the patched mod.

Link to original post w/ timestamp on it.

The two mods are independent, other than the weapons commands pretty much everything else was made leaner for this mod (more efficient).... So unfortunately while working on the patch we developed things for the next full version, so some things won't work from LA because of the compatibility issues we will continue to cause as we develop this mod further, less and less will be likely to go from LA into this one because our newer additions will conflict the existing things LA did.

Wow, nice to see new units and uniform in v1.01, but i hoped to see detectives in civil with unmarked cars...

It's a patch, not a new version so take what you can get... Detectives in the "normal" 911/EM4 ver don't have any real purpose other than to be dressed in crappy suits, since we've not yet developed a Deluxue map... Pointless to waste the time on anything like detectives.

Such ingratefulness, next time we do a patch for the mod we won't bother adding new features to it since they're just not quite up to par...

hey ny mod makers, i have a suggestion, in the next patch(if one) you should make a flight nurse on the life flight helicopter. maby the nurse could treat the patient 2x faster than the paramedics. :cheers-mate:

I have two things on Med Evacs in this mod. First, with a hospital about every 5 minutes from every location in the city and no good location for them to land, med evacs are rarely used, as in basically never. In terms of switching the med evac from NYSP to Life net 7-4 or "Air 2", NYSP Life Guard 18 is closer than air 2 to the city and life net requires a 100' x 100' LZ at all times and any object 25' tall must be an additional 50' from the LZ, any object 50' tall must be an additional 100' from the LZ and on and on, and I don't know any place where that exists in the city.

I have two things on Med Evacs in this mod. First, with a hospital about every 5 minutes from every location in the city and no good location for them to land, med evacs are rarely used, as in basically never. In terms of switching the med evac from NYSP to Life net 7-4 or "Air 2", NYSP Life Guard 18 is closer than air 2 to the city and life net requires a 100' x 100' LZ at all times and any object 25' tall must be an additional 50' from the LZ, any object 50' tall must be an additional 100' from the LZ and on and on, and I don't know any place where that exists in the city.

I can land there *ponders mission mikeypi crashes helo he stole trying to land in street!

In the end the helo that is a medivac is more or less for the orig mission pack, in the mod it is pretty much obsolete, MERV for big incidents, ambos for baby ones... Some people like playing with the helos though and in the end someone said that the NYPD 412 does medical crap along with everything else it does... Might make a version of it into a medical helicopter... We'll see on that front. The fake NYSP helo was just so you could actually do the missions successfully since sometimes you do need the helo in the orig missions, where in freeplay I don't think I ever have used it in any mod other than when I was being impatient and didnt wanna send an ambo.... That's just me though.