MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

you know i could never understand the K9 unit, it is one of the units I axe right away as soon as when I get in.

Great job on the mod guys!!

Hope you do some mission editing on V1.1 I find to many medical/police missions and I hate the earthquake mission.

Again great job really really enjoying it!

Guest Emergency Command

First of all ... Great Job on the mod :12:

one thing kinda dissapointed me tho.

the ESU Units of the police can't do anything except their usual cop stuff.

I think you should make em be able to cut open cars and stuff like that.

basically act as a heavy rescue truck and a swat truck at the same time just like they do in reality.

I believe earlier someone wanted a hazmat truck stationed on the map. I agree it's not really necessary. I had 2 hazmat incidents in the hour and a half play time, both due to fires in the industrial district. I found it wasn't that much of a necessity to have the hazmat right there, and calling it in off the map didn't hurt me at all really.

Awesome mod. Keep up the good work.

@the Mod Team: first of all, the mod is absolutely amazing and visually stunning. Big ole Texas sized kudos to you guys.

And now, a minor question, which is if you guys are working on new voices for the mod? It's just really off hearing the old voicetrack from the original EM4. However, if you don't change the voices, listening to them is an extremely infinitesimal price to pay for the privilege of having such an awesome mod to play.

Thank you so very much for all your hard work and creativity.

Oh, and one more thing, I happen to like the fact that this mod is a bit more difficult than the LA Mod. I think it really lets everyone know that this is NOT just New York set in LA and is a totally different animal.

I believe earlier someone wanted a hazmat truck stationed on the map. I agree it's not really necessary. I had 2 hazmat incidents in the hour and a half play time, both due to fires in the industrial district. I found it wasn't that much of a necessity to have the hazmat right there, and calling it in off the map didn't hurt me at all really.

This is one reason we excluded it, but also because the hazmat team roles as a team, not a singleunit. All units like that are going to remain called off map

Wait, is this the same as the NY mod that had the topic closed? Or different?

No, this one is based off the LA-Mod, the other one is still in progress.

Correction, not based off of the LA mod, but following the same sorta rules to it. The two mods only share some authors, not anything else in the game.

So, the other NY mod is still in development as far as we know?

Yes it is, but this is not it, nor is it a topic for it.

@the Mod Team: first of all, the mod is absolutely amazing and visually stunning. Big ole Texas sized kudos to you guys.

And now, a minor question, which is if you guys are working on new voices for the mod? It's just really off hearing the old voicetrack from the original EM4. However, if you don't change the voices, listening to them is an extremely infinitesimal price to pay for the privilege of having such an awesome mod to play.

I'd love to change the voices but none of us are New Yorkers... So unfortunately we can't replicate the NY accent=( We'd need an outside player to help with that for a later version, for now it stays obnoxiously foreign.

Thank you so very much for all your hard work and creativity.

Oh, and one more thing, I happen to like the fact that this mod is a bit more difficult than the LA Mod. I think it really lets everyone know that this is NOT just New York set in LA and is a totally different animal.

Indeed, this was the intended result, I did not want the LA mod again with NY units, it would have been faster yes.. But IMO it would've gotten old fast, and unfortunately while the LA mod as far as realism goes is pretty good, the realism it adds also revokes the strategy from the game, which is something I enjoy about the game and wished to preserve in this mod. Some features were ported, others were abandoned because they simply made the game far too easy, I wanted to make this mod challenging.

*see the Bold in your quote=)

Hey can you make a NY mod for EM3 next please :D

Unfortunately I know the scripts and what not will not directly port to EM3 from this version, the models probrably could but whether or not EM3 would lag I can't say for sure.. At this time there are not plans to pursue an EM3 version of this mod due to the fact that the EM4 version is not completed yet.

how come there is no mid mount tower ladder in this mod? could it be possible to switch it out?

Because this is just version ONE of the modification, this is not a final release so many functions/features were omitted, I believe I mentioned this in the readme.... The tower ladder does not work like a conventional ladder for this game so we felt it would be far too buggy to attempt to include in version 1 for this reason. It will be added at a later date, we felt it was more important to have a fully functioning ladder in the first version so you can complete the objectives of the missions presented to you as opposed to a pretty but possibly not totally functional form of aerial.

-From README

Why are some features missing from the version? Certain things were omitted due to

their tendency to cause issues or because of the sheer time that would have been required to

put them into version 1. Subsequent future versions will have these things replaced and/or

added if we can resolve all the bugs they may have, such as the tower ladder and real

helicopters to replace the generic ones which are currently in the modification.

Would someone explain what does that mean? I cant understand

:sorrysign:

Check this out. It's the two sticks with lights raising on the back. It gives advanced traffic warning to cars who can't see because of distance or if there are lots of cars in front of them

The extinguisher doesn't need to come back. NYPD isn't in the business of putting out fires. Also, it made things too easy.

Yes, but in LA mod a car on fire took some minutes in explode and in this one in less than a minute so the engines take longer to get to the accident scene but if you decided to don´t put the extinguisher in the car I don´t put it, no problem.

Yes, but in LA mod a car on fire took some minutes in explode and in this one in less than a minute so the engines take longer to get to the accident scene but if you decided to don´t put the extinguisher in the car I don´t put it, no problem.

What we will look into is seeing about making the cars take longer to burn probrably, I don't really want to make the game overly easy but vehicle fire missions can be a nuissance because of the response time.. Remember, this is not the LA mod turned into a sub-mod, this is a totally new modification that only borrowed some features from the LA mod and adapted them, so the features of one mod will not necessarily be in the other because they are not one in the same...

Because this is just version ONE of the modification, this is not a final release so many functions/features were omitted, I believe I mentioned this in the readme.... The tower ladder does not work like a conventional ladder for this game so we felt it would be far too buggy to attempt to include in version 1 for this reason. It will be added at a later date, we felt it was more important to have a fully functioning ladder in the first version so you can complete the objectives of the missions presented to you as opposed to a pretty but possibly not totally functional form of aerial.

-From README

thanks. i think i forgot to read that post. its also been quite a while since i have been on the site. so once again thank you for the update. and good job on the mod. looks awesome and i cant wait too play it here in the next few weeks.

Love the mod guys

Just wondering about a few things. A lot of vehicles don't have directional lights which is kind of annoying. Also, it would be really helpful to have the call ambulance function for police and to allow ambos to patrol.

Just sayin, but in NYC you will NEVER EVER see ambulances patrol... I mean, its NYC! ;)