goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Soon there will be 3 new engines released for you to use with the LA mod Police Units upgrade,they will be RCMP mod quality and feature full lighting and will give you a good idea if your machine will handle the units and lights from The Red Watch mod.

Soon there will be 3 new engines released for you to use with the LA mod Police Units upgrade,they will be RCMP mod quality and feature full lighting and will give you a good idea if your machine will handle the units and lights from The Red Watch mod.

Sounds cool, although it might have been nicer to say that instead of posting a somewhat vague picture.

When it is coming from a different mod than the one which this topic is supposed to be for.. I can see where it'd make people go wait what?  but that's me.. I'd have elaborated on why I was postin off topic into a different topic than my own regarding something. All of you need to realize we=police here, so report things don't self police for us... It's our job and makes us feel needed...  Secondly, the others need to know how to not post more bs on top of the initial self policers... Again more work for us, and we try to be very lazy round these parts and only intervene when absolutely required.... More work makes us angry just like real cops... We'd rather be allowed to mod instead of having to stop by here to clean up several posts. 

I'm sure they mentioned that their problem was with all the Rockstar GTA buildings they used.

Its not just the buildings, its the vehicles, lights, and all. People play SD version which has not one GTA building on map and still crash. Your mod has great potential but I am afraid that low end computers as soon as they turn on one or two of your apparatus lights there FPS will be about 1. CFD did an incredible job on our Seagrave Marauder II and GMC Sierra, we ended up having to redo the Engine ourselves as the Lights were so detailed that our FPS dropped about 10 frames and then with the GMC it drops about the same for players with low spec computers. I can't imagine having a full out fleet of CFD's Lighting. What I recommend you guys do as this is a huge problem that is bound to blow up in your faces near release is find two or three people that you absolutely trust with specs ranging from Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics, to ATI radeon/AMD, and then up to Nvidia. Do some benchmarking tests. Best way to do this is in a multiplayer session where the host can observe the situation and compare FPS with each player. Its a suggestion but I hope you take my advice. On V1 release date when it blew up in my face that so many people were excited to play but just to crash to desktop its not a nice feeling. Don't make the same mistake I made. Find beta testers that can keep there mouths shut and ones that know what they are doing. I could make a few recommendations.

Its not just the buildings, its the vehicles, lights, and all. People play SD version which has not one GTA building on map and still crash. Your mod has great potential but I am afraid that low end computers as soon as they turn on one or two of your apparatus lights there FPS will be about 1. CFD did an incredible job on our Seagrave Marauder II and GMC Sierra, we ended up having to redo the Engine ourselves as the Lights were so detailed that our FPS dropped about 10 frames and then with the GMC it drops about the same for players with low spec computers. I can't imagine having a full out fleet of CFD's Lighting. What I recommend you guys do as this is a huge problem that is bound to blow up in your faces near release is find two or three people that you absolutely trust with specs ranging from Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics, to ATI radeon/AMD, and then up to Nvidia. Do some benchmarking tests. Best way to do this is in a multiplayer session where the host can observe the situation and compare FPS with each player. Its a suggestion but I hope you take my advice. On V1 release date when it blew up in my face that so many people were excited to play but just to crash to desktop its not a nice feeling. Don't make the same mistake I made. Find beta testers that can keep there mouths shut and ones that know what they are doing. I could make a few recommendations.

Yep, you're right on that. We will wait till Emergency 5 comes out, we're gonna test the mod on both platforms and see which one performs the best.

The LAFD engines that are coming out soon will feature the RCMP lights and this will have everyone the chance to test out the lights on their computers. I do have a few beta testers in mind, including you, that will get the chance to try out the RCMP mod in beta stages once we are ready.

I worry about saying that, remember when we though EM5 would be out around Christmas time 2013? Things may change and EM5 might get cancelled you never know. It just seems to me that the release of EM5 is a unreliable benchmark.

Everyone calm down! EM5 is scheduled to be out in Q4 2014... 

However, keep in mind guys, EM5 Will be a different game engine. The only thing I could think that could port over would be models. Remember. You would have to redo ALL of your lights, your map, your scripts etc. To me its stupid to wait and I say you guys go through with what you are now with EM4 and do not wait. I have my own plans for EM5 but Im still working with EM4 while I can. Even if you have to, you can release the mod on the LA Map or something of the sorts. In my opinion its kind of a ridiculous thought to wait EM5.. Just keep those notes in mind. You will have to do about 80% of the mod over.

Everyone calm down! EM5 is scheduled to be out in Q4 2014... 

However, keep in mind guys, EM5 Will be a different game engine. The only thing I could think that could port over would be models. Remember. You would have to redo ALL of your lights, your map, your scripts etc. To me its stupid to wait and I say you guys go through with what you are now with EM4 and do not wait. I have my own plans for EM5 but Im still working with EM4 while I can. Even if you have to, you can release the mod on the LA Map or something of the sorts. In my opinion its kind of a ridiculous thought to wait EM5.. Just keep those notes in mind. You will have to do about 80% of the mod over.

I have seen a game that is in Beta testing and was slated to come out same year get cancelled out right.  There is nothing that says a game is going to come out until it hits the shelves.  That's one of the reasons why I do not believe developers until it hits the shelves.

Okay, let me make some clarification as i appeared to have upset a few people ...

We have not stopped any production for Emergency 4, we're still working in the same full capacity as we always had before. It will definitely come out for Em4, and hoping, before when Emergency 5 comes out.

However, should we find ourselves still working on the mod after Emergency 5 comes out, and should it hold friendlier modding features and capabilities, i think we would shift our some of our goals towards Emergency 5 to create a new big bang like the Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah ? ....

Regardless, i uttered some words that should not have been said in the first place without having any concrete validation to confirm such postponement. My Apologies.