goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hello, I was wondering if there is going to be an option with traffic cones or something that makes civilian vehicles merge around emergency vehicles in the roadway. Thank you!

Emergency services here don't use the cones much,mostly just the redirect lights on the vehicles.On the highways flares are seen more and if a big fire or police event in the city,the city workers (tec) would come out and put up baricades and block off the affected streets to prevent public access (ambulance chasers).

The merge thing around traffic,I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it done in videos of Em4 mods before.

It is possible, but to my knowledge, the only way it can be done is through freeplay emulation in a mission

I know ERS Berlin has implemented that technique into their game. I'm not sure if they consider their freeplay "mission based" or not, but I know in ERS Berlin you can set a starting destination along with 2-3 markers and than set an ending destination for cars to follow. It's kind of cool, I liked the idea having cars go around an accident instead of getting redirected in the other direction. I'm not sure how hard / easy that was, it would be cool if you guys were able to add it. But, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you couldn't either.

I'd rather nothing new was added and we get a map and units and whatever else the RCMP mod team has planned! All this asking for extra content will just slow down release, as they attempt to make it (possibly) or respond to pesky posts here on the forum.

I agree, I bet this mod will have that particular "mood" I love even without many additions :)

Mission based freeplay isn't a type of freeplay that focuses on calls just to clarify, it's when they emulate the freeplay gamemode using a mission script. Many of the European mods you see, such as Winterberg rely on these emulations to achieve their things, since the script is constantly running, as opposed to the freeplay, where it starts at the beginning and then it just runs on commands afterwords

As for what we're looking to get done. We're working on getting some stations and that developed to work well on the map. Obviously ripping off the LA Mod stations wouldn't be fair, nor would it make sense for this mod, so we aren't planning on it

I'd rather nothing new was added and we get a map and units and whatever else the RCMP mod team has planned! All this asking for extra content will just slow down release, as they attempt to make it (possibly) or respond to pesky posts here on the forum.

ya-srsly001.jpg

Pff. I know right! What's wrong with those pesky ole members asking questions and post suggestions. I mean O.M.G.! how absurd is that, it's almost unfathomable! Someone might have a useful comment or bright idea, oh. No no no! We can't have that.

Mission based freeplay isn't a type of freeplay that focuses on calls just to clarify, it's when they emulate the freeplay gamemode using a mission script. Many of the European mods you see, such as Winterberg rely on these emulations to achieve their things, since the script is constantly running, as opposed to the freeplay, where it starts at the beginning and then it just runs on commands afterwords

As for what we're looking to get done. We're working on getting some stations and that developed to work well on the map. Obviously ripping off the LA Mod stations wouldn't be fair, nor would it make sense for this mod, so we aren't planning on it

That's fine, I know along time ago we talked about the possibility of adding that into a mod (I think the LA mod) and someone mentioned freeplay vs mission based freeplay. That topic didn't go into too many details so I wasn't exactly sure what the differences were between both. In any event when I saw the original post I thought I might throw ERS out there. With that said the RCMP mod does look amazing, so as long as random traffic jams are dealt with any means of redirection should work.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/11/13/bc-surrey-rcmp-collision.html?cmp=rss

Always a bad day when a first responder loses their life on duty while serving their community and country.

I just read the article and watched the video. That's really sad. I'm sorry for you loss Canada. :(