Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

FDNYTAC1.jpg

Tactical Support Unit is a 4x4 vehicle equipped with generators and a variety of high intensity lights to aid firefighters during low light conditions. In addition, specialized equipment such as extrication tools and a six person Avon boat is also carried. (Pretty much just act as a rescue IG)

FDNYLDV93-2.jpg

This would just enable you to call additional units from on/off map. And heal injured members maybe?

Good call, might well add it :) which ladder truck engine and division is the main question.. :)

Maybe a tower ladder ??

http://www.fdnytruck...22/FDNYL013.jpg

And maybe reskin the tiller ladder in the orginal LA Mod.

But anyway,

Keep up the good work !! :12: :12:

Well a tower ladder has been on the cards, but animating it could be quite tricky, but the tiller truck will certainly be worked on to make it NYC :)

And just a small update to prove work is back on track, I have begun re-doing the half a years work that has been lost, but I've decided it's a good chance to improve skins and models, so it's gonna be a long process, but hopefully a good one :)

anyhow here you go, C&C would be very appreciated :')

Generic Ladder Truck

Both new generic units

thanks for your continued support to this mod :)

A lot of people are complaining the the other NY Mod isn't as far along or as up to par as this one. I would just like to point out that the difference between the mods is this one is using LA Mod functionality and game play. The other is based on something different and meant to be more restrictive in units and such to make you think more about what you do. This is by design (from what I understand) Comparing the two isn't entirely fair.

For those who want a laid back game I'd suggest this submod once it's done in 6 months or however long it takes to redo all the lost data.

For those who want a more strategically played game I'd suggest the other NY Mod.

This is LAFD's Swift water unit,

users%5C237%5C1280_0001164.jpg

But I think that Dyson, you should find Hoppah's first swift water truck, and convert the Freightliner chassis into a mack overcab style truck like the ESU trucks

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/NYPD_ESU_9_truck_5509.jpg/100px-NYPD_ESU_9_truck_5509.jpg

Due to a huge loss in data after em4 screwed it all up, I'm working on several patches for 2.3 whilst I work, for two reasons, a) So hopefully this mod wont just die, as people are still putting effort into it and b) so if it crashes again I have regular backups :D

Thanks as always

Dyson

x

Due to a huge loss in data after em4 screwed it all up, I'm working on several patches for 2.3 whilst I work, for two reasons, a) So hopefully this mod wont just die, as people are still putting effort into it and b) so if it crashes again I have regular backups :D

Thanks as always

Dyson

x

Do you keep forgetting to backup or cant you be bothered to? :stupid2:

Ahah i joke, I hope you keep this submod coming out.

I do backup, but for some reason em4 wont change it, just resets back to 2.3 proper weird

Backup the whole friggin mod into a rar/zip and if something goes completely screwed just delete the folder, load the game verify it's gone, then re-add your mod it should put it back unmolested=) Unfortunately backing up changes to a mod for whatever reason doesnt always work always keep backups of the whole friggin thing as either mod files or as a whole folder of the thing and it should not happen anymore. No files=no files to overwrite=no conflicts;)

Backup the whole friggin mod into a rar/zip and if something goes completely screwed just delete the folder, load the game verify it's gone, then re-add your mod it should put it back unmolested=) Unfortunately backing up changes to a mod for whatever reason doesnt always work always keep backups of the whole friggin thing as either mod files or as a whole folder of the thing and it should not happen anymore. No files=no files to overwrite=no conflicts;)

Well, everytime I install another mod, even if the whole mod is zipped up in a separate external hard drive, then I delete and reinstall my mod, but somehow it still just resets back to my proper old version, pretty annoying :/

Just remember no one ever said making a mod would be easy. Hell I started making a simple reskin, or so I thought. Then my wife and I has a Son, then we moved, and then, and then ... Life happens, throw in computer failures, and other unforeseen events and a simple mod can become quite complex. Then you have to look at one other aspect. Everyone makes a mod for a different reason, therefore their units, details reflect that.

Example;

THE New York Mod: Not a lot to say about them. They were the first ones on the block, but they had one goal in mind. Create a game with the type of depth and immersion no one has ever seen. Have they achieved that? Probably, but look how long they have worked on that mod to get it to where it is now

The New York Mod: (Mikey and Company): Not sure why they wanted to create a NY Mod, why not though? They did a pretty good job. People aren't as pleased with it (at the moment), but that doesn't make it bad. People have different taste, I've played it and it's pretty good. Once again though, they put years into that mod's creation.

The NY Mod: You!: From that start this was a "Hold Over" mod, you said it yourself. The only problem with that was it's popularity. I'm sure at the time no one could have accurately gauged how popular this mod would become, and how fast it would become as popular as it did. You went from making simple reskins to realistic units. Then you even went the extra step and started working on the map too. However, and this is the good part. Look at how much time you've put into this, and your team. You've spent less then a year working on this mod, and most of it was done solely but yourself. Yeah .. You had help but we'd still be at the loading screen if we were waiting on your help to come through.

Big picture, for now it appears every NY Mod has accomplished what they set out to do, and more. Since the TRUE NY Mod is on hold for now your mod has that extra fire in it because of the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into it. I'd say now is the time to tone out the other mods and do what you think is right for this mod. Instead of making large improvements work on one small piece at a time. Who cares if it's New York Submod V24.1.0 as long as it's working you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Just remember no one ever said making a mod would be easy. Hell I started making a simple reskin, or so I thought. Then my wife and I has a Son, then we moved, and then, and then ... Life happens, throw in computer failures, and other unforeseen events and a simple mod can become quite complex. Then you have to look at one other aspect. Everyone makes a mod for a different reason, therefore their units, details reflect that.

Example;

THE New York Mod: Not a lot to say about them. They were the first ones on the block, but they had one goal in mind. Create a game with the type of depth and immersion no one has ever seen. Have they achieved that? Probably, but look how long they have worked on that mod to get it to where it is now

The New York Mod: (Mikey and Company): Not sure why they wanted to create a NY Mod, why not though? They did a pretty good job. People aren't as pleased with it (at the moment), but that doesn't make it bad. People have different taste, I've played it and it's pretty good. Once again though, they put years into that mod's creation.

The NY Mod: You!: From that start this was a "Hold Over" mod, you said it yourself. The only problem with that was it's popularity. I'm sure at the time no one could have accurately gauged how popular this mod would become, and how fast it would become as popular as it did. You went from making simple reskins to realistic units. Then you even went the extra step and started working on the map too. However, and this is the good part. Look at how much time you've put into this, and your team. You've spent less then a year working on this mod, and most of it was done solely but yourself. Yeah .. You had help but we'd still be at the loading screen if we were waiting on your help to come through.

Big picture, for now it appears every NY Mod has accomplished what they set out to do, and more. Since the TRUE NY Mod is on hold for now your mod has that extra fire in it because of the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into it. I'd say now is the time to tone out the other mods and do what you think is right for this mod. Instead of making large improvements work on one small piece at a time. Who cares if it's New York Submod V24.1.0 as long as it's working you have nothing to be ashamed of.

This is so true.

Example;

You know what I love, the fact that you didnt type this all in one big block of text..

cause i never would have read it.

but haha no seriously, I agree with this 100%