Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

hey dyson for the final version you should make it version 3.0

Well the plan is, first I have version 2.4.0 which is gonna be an early beta version released to selected testers i.e close modding friends and a few people I trust, the I will do more work and release 2.4.1 - 2.4.3 in beta versions working on any imperfections. Then when I'm satisfied I will release 3.0.0 and do a few patches and some mini additions etc :) up to around 3.1.1 hopefully. After that I am opening the submod to peoples mini additions (almost a submod submod) just to keep somethin new and interesting for people. So yeah that's my plan, which should take me up to around the time the NY submod is finally released.

Thanks for your feedback. I think it would be awesome. You could do it in real life. I'm not saying the sirens do it, but a horn mainly means move in real life, and if he/she just wants the traffic to stop so he/she can pass, he/she just goes fast. It's only that idea put into a siren format. Or you can imagine the cop is saying "Move It! Move It!" via the built-in-the-lightbar megaphone. If Dyson cannot do it, I'm gonna' pay someone for a private release. I'm looking forward to the tape too.

Hmm I can see a lot of scripting, think it's more a job for the hoppah/xplorer 4x4 type modder (if it's even possible without crashing the game as it may interfere too much with the original game) sorry :( haha

Keep up the good work Dyson :holdglass:

Small update, here's a GUI update, can be used with any mod or previous versions of the NY submod, still in progress but will be released well before the full release as just a little something for you all :)

thoughts comments? the rest of the GUI is still under work :)

Haven't checked back here for awhile. It's great that the NYC Mod will be a stand alone mod.

Keep us updated, and great work on the NY State Police vehicle!

Sorry if this double posts don't know how to reply to a comment without posting again sorrysign.gif but glad you like it, always love seeing screen names I recognise from the very begining of this mod :P and its still a submod though but yeah will be stand alone from LA mod :D

The GUI looks great, but i don`t see the NEW from "New York" so well... It`s "hiding" behind the scroll forward and backwards and etc.

But keep up the good work :gut: :gut:

I've made all the buttons a little more transparent but ah well its only a background haha

Also I believe I've found a moddeler/UV mapper in FDNYPORTU so he will be a great asset in getting all of these modeled but not UVed vehicles in game, so watch out for more units and a tower ladder coming soon ;)

here's a small update on the UI side of things

tumblr_lhzn7g4p9n1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

It's coming along well, Dyson. Sorry for the massive delay.

No worries bro :) In your own time :)

hey dyson how did you make the third fire station/who did it i need to ask for a mod im working on

Me, but it needed some scripting updates, I needed to add a 3rd squad spawn but never did so it was rather lame, but regardless there are only 2 in game now :)

Update:

I have been working on the federal side of things atm,

Here's an updated NYC field office FBI units

On the left is the new FBI agents (in full tactical outfitting for field ops)

On the right a multi purpose HRT team for general SWAT duties

The fbi agents without tactical vests will be civilian disguised for undercover, as are the detectives.

Comments? :)

x

I love the kojack light that you put on top of the FBI car. It's very distinct. I don't think anyone on this forum has done something like that. Will there be a command to put the light on the roof of the car? Or is it just two separate cars?

It looks like that Crown Vic has tons of hidden lights on it. I hope you don't go too overboard with the lights on the FBI unmarked car. Many federal agency cars tend to only have one or a few emergency lights.

One little tidbit: In the state of NY emergency vehicles by law must have front facing red (and white) lighting. Federal govt agencies are exempt from this law and can operate red/blue lights.

Will the FBI car have blue lights in it or only red and white?

Keep up the good work, Dyson and team.

I love the kojack light that you put on top of the FBI car. It's very distinct. I don't think anyone on this forum has done something like that. Will there be a command to put the light on the roof of the car? Or is it just two separate cars?

It looks like that Crown Vic has tons of hidden lights on it. I hope you don't go too overboard with the lights on the FBI unmarked car. Many federal agency cars tend to only have one or a few emergency lights.

One little tidbit: In the state of NY emergency vehicles by law must have front facing red (and white) lighting. Federal govt agencies are exempt from this law and can operate red/blue lights.

Will the FBI car have blue lights in it or only red and white?

Keep up the good work, Dyson and team.

Well, the undercover cars come in to varieties, undercover but on route to scene (with kojak light) and one which is just fully unmarked. Both are multipurpose and carry a range of units, from: PD to Feds, so the lights are just standard red/white so not to be un-realistic ;) if that makes sense?

Dyson

x