Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Minor detail, but the sign reads "Trauma Centre". Slight oversight, I'm sure, but it should read "Trauma Center", since we spell everything all screwy over here.

It's my little english twist I guess.. not selling out my language ;D haha

Dyson, The Hospital screenshot, what ambulance is parked behind the FDNY one? Private ambulance service?

Yep,private ambulance, just so you don't have 4 FDNY ambulances at a scene, instead you can have a mix of a few, think I'll have more than just the one private ambulance :)

Hee - Hee - Hee

Modeling and reskinning are still rather new fields of interest for me, and I know their are multiple ways to create a unit. With that said I have noticed a few small differences from your models to those of the New York Mod, most being the clarity. I would assume this has to do with what program you use, and how the images are placed. But the units in the New York Mod seem to be dull and semi-blurry. Where as yours seem to be more vibrant, and clearer in imagine.

Either way a NY Mod not based on Manhattan and surrounding areas sounds better, why not Brooklyn? Besides every mod needs a reason for it's existence so here's one for yours. In 2004 the FX television series Rescue Me was first aired. It's main character Tommy Gavin (Dennis Leary) portraits a New York Fire Fighter on Ladder 62, a fire house located in Brooklyn.

Ladder 62 / Engine 99 are fictional for anyone wondering, I just thought this might be something useful to post. I once remember you asking for a reason to continue. I gave you that answer: do it for the community. Which you have, and I am thoroughly impressed by your progress. CFD doing the lights, and a beta stage on the way, can't ask for more then that. Besides, if a TV company is doing something based on Brooklyn you know you can't go wrong :P

On another note; NICE! pictures I like the FBI station, and the gate lol.

PS: If you find yourself in need of help / test / etc let me know

Hee - Hee - Hee

Modeling and reskinning are still rather new fields of interest for me, and I know their are multiple ways to create a unit. With that said I have noticed a few small differences from your models to those of the New York Mod, most being the clarity. I would assume this has to do with what program you use, and how the images are placed. But the units in the New York Mod seem to be dull and semi-blurry. Where as yours seem to be more vibrant, and clearer in imagine.

Either way a NY Mod not based on Manhattan and surrounding areas sounds better, why not Brooklyn? If memory recalls that's where Rescue Me takes place, and my favorite actor Dennis Leary (Tommy Gavin in Rescue Me).

Back on track though ... Looking good. I'm very surprised to see CFD and a beta stage on the way. Both are very very very good choices. So, do let me know how things go.

Oh, yes and one more thing if you need beta testers or help let me know. If not or you have more then enough people I understand :P

Well if I understood what you were trying to say haha erm I am planning on doing brooklyn :) and the textures, well I prefer crystal clear textures with lots of small details rather than blurry ones, its not necessary but its how I roll, and lastly PM me ;) oh wait mine's full, infact email me ------------@hotmail.co.uk :)

Edit: Removed my email address now pyro has it :)

Well if I understood what you were trying to say haha erm I am planning on doing brooklyn :) and the textures, well I prefer crystal clear textures with lots of small details rather than blurry ones, its not necessary but its how I roll, and lastly PM me ;) oh wait mine's full, infact email me -----@hotmail.co.uk :)

That's why I edited my comment, it's less confusing :s I think.

I'll email you though.

Edited by MikeyPI
Because of quoted email... Though one shouldnt post something they don't want out there but I digress.

Now you are doing it on based on brooklyn, you´re backing to your begginings doing the mo.d

I'm getting dizzy... :s

Well I backed out of Brooklyn because of the brooklyn mod, what difference does it make? It just determines the map and the numbers on the side of the trucks....

Anyway map update..

small previews again Subway entrances

Definitely the little things that can contribute a lot to the game's atmosphere; very nice!

Yeah I prefer the small things in a mod and the details on a vehicle :)

Here's somet else to keep you going.

Credits-

Reece

FDNYportu

Dyson

@dyson: he said it was for "erratic driving", but he didn't ticket me. I think he just wanted to see what the hell I was driving ('87 Bertone, very rare in the States). It didn't help that my trouble bubble was stuck to my roof (I'm a volly ff).

Hahaha nicee I'd well do that if I was a cop holdglass.gif

Well if noone's chatting guess I better give you more...

NYPD Motorcycle

NYPD Bomb squad

Hahaha nicee I'd well do that if I was a cop holdglass.gif

Well if noone's chatting guess I better give you more...

NYPD Motorcycle

NYPD Bomb squad

Looking Great, I notice the bomb robot has LAPD, (We can say NY is renting it from LA.) But very cool Mod. Can not wait to play it