Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Wow, kinda disappointed how quickly people turn their back on us. Apparently it's too much to ask for you to be a little understanding. Do you not think we would know what is best for the mod? And the whole stuff about not releasing, it's not as simple as just sticking it all on the internet, we've been tirelessly testing tweaking and fighting hard with stuff we thought we'd never be able to fix, all essentially for the guys that follow the mod, whether it be on our official site, here or on facebook. We created these multiple platforms so we would not flood just one, people have been posting around 5/6 messages a day on the facebook group, posts that would have sent this topic well into it's 300s and I'm already nervous that a mod will come along and cut it down to 50 like happened before.

The whole competitions and week of awesome, don't like them fine. We thought we'd just use them as diversions to keep the Mod seemingly active and thriving in the weeks we've been struggling with Em4, teamspeak and host related issues. The youtube channel, again I thought it'd be nice to show you all how we play, because I guarantee you will all moan as soon as it comes out about the levels of traffic, an issue we have got around as a BETA team so thought we'd share it.

But whatever we'll do it your way then, release will be within the next few weeks. Expect no 'toying' we'll just wait, release, move on.

But yeah apparently we can't please you all. Sorry, I guess.

Dyson

Mr Dyson,

I didn't have anything wrong with the week of awesome or the videos you did. That was one of the enjoyable things that I seen because it helped me play other mods better.

My beef was the poster comp and the 400 likes on facebook before you would tell anyone of an announcement.

I have really enjoyed what you have done to the mod and it shows your guys skills and the things you have done.

I am not saying and I have and NEVER will say release a mod that is not ready. Release when you are ready just don't post release dates.

Thanks

Haha, I'm just jealous of the person who will win because they get to play it before me.

No need to be jealous , As they have stated, it will be out on the 9th , So who ever wins, really it wont matter as they will have a beta version on the first and then a week later, the full version will be release to the public . Me personally I will wait till the 9th now that the developer has made it official .

To make it easier on you guys what if you release part of the mod now like you said then work on the patchs

if anyone says "ah this thing has bugs" you have them fill out a bug report on the website

an try to patch the bug

i play mods all the time that have bugs but i get around them :verweis:

BTW your mod ROCKS best one out there

If you mean if I'm part of the building the mod,no. If you mean if I'm in their clan, yes. For various reasons those who got invited to test out the game will not be able to release information's regarding the game. Meaning that we're not able to tell you guys what's going on. And that obviously includes me.

My name was something else before but I had to create another one because i forgot that acc.

I hope you were joking .. I believe some of us has already seen the game in actions already via the Video webcast and joining in to hear and see the game play .. Now if you are telling us there is more then what we seen , Then that is awesome, But if the mod is released and not much has change since we last seen it in action, Then really what new features could pop up after all the video and live broadcasting of the game has been made available and users now know what to expect in the release of this Modification .

No need to be jealous , As they have stated, it will be out on the 9th , So who ever wins, really it wont matter as they will have a beta version on the first and then a week later, the full version will be release to the public . Me personally I will wait till the 9th now that the developer has made it official .

yeah its coming out the same day minecraft comes out on xbox :rofl: it will be the best day ever for me

I agree with squamishfire the vids have helped me play better and get used to some of the different ways like bring the engines out to the road and stoping traffic and i might take part in the comp just for the sake of it really just in it to win it really

I see both sides, but in the end, I believe from what you have shown us, that it is time to release the mod.

The videos are nice, but in the end we just want to play the game, not watch somebody else play.

This is only my opinion, however, I think that you guys are starting to travel down the same road as the original NY Mod (The one that has not been released). We are seeing a lot of great things, but we are playing nothing. It's frusterating as a fan. In the end, I visit here less and less, and post less and less, because the end result is the same. You guys have tried to keep us informed and interested. However, I'm only interested in playing the game. I could care less about fan art, weeks of awesome, or an hour long video watching someone else play. I don't need tutorial videos. I can figure most of that stuff out on my own. I would very much like to play your mod, and give you great feedback about something that you have spent a lot of time and energy working on. Hopefully very soon, I will be able to do that.

Please don't be offended by my remarks. As a firefighter, I certainly like to look at pictures of fires. But I would much rather fight fires myself. This mod is along the same lines. At this point, my only interest is in playing your mod. Please understand that many others here probably feel the same way.

Guys, normally I get ticked off at the rants you guys come up with but this is how I would feel to. So listen please and listen well. Most of this is my mistake. In December we were ready and we were going to release but then we pulled out a whole new amount of things that was going to be the best stuff in the mod. If you look at our old models and crappy sirens and shit you'll realize weve come a long way. I'm sorry I really am but it will all pay off I swear. We are literally 99% done all we need to do is perfect everything. Since I go to a military school and it's boarding you have to understand I can only work on the weekends. Spring break for me starts Friday and listen Guys. I swear my heart on this. WE WILL HAVE THE MOD OUT BY APRIL 9th so it will be out by then maybe before but no after. Even If we release with bugs or things that aren't functional or complete it's not our fault. We couldn't bug test for another year. It's up to you guys. We will probably release bug fixing patches every month but it's all wrapping up. Forgive us. 2 of our lighters ditched us so you have to understand we've got a lot of stress and frustration cause what they abandoned we have to do. The things on Facebook like the competition those aren't torture those are the things I set up the times that I'm at school to let you guys know it's close. Hang in there and hang on tight. IT'S COMING EASTER 2012 !

The Manhattan Mod Team x

Like rafaelmfernandez said they take there time to make the mod better and more fun for us so personally I think we should all shut up wait as he said " IT'S COMING EASTER 2012 ! "

so thats not long to wait at all. :verweis:

I see both sides, but in the end, I believe from what you have shown us, that it is time to release the mod.

The videos are nice, but in the end we just want to play the game, not watch somebody else play.

This is only my opinion, however, I think that you guys are starting to travel down the same road as the original NY Mod (The one that has not been released). We are seeing a lot of great things, but we are playing nothing. It's frusterating as a fan. In the end, I visit here less and less, and post less and less, because the end result is the same. You guys have tried to keep us informed and interested. However, I'm only interested in playing the game. I could care less about fan art, weeks of awesome, or an hour long video watching someone else play. I don't need tutorial videos. I can figure most of that stuff out on my own. I would very much like to play your mod, and give you great feedback about something that you have spent a lot of time and energy working on. Hopefully very soon, I will be able to do that.

Please don't be offended by my remarks. As a firefighter, I certainly like to look at pictures of fires. But I would much rather fight fires myself. This mod is along the same lines. At this point, my only interest is in playing your mod. Please understand that many others here probably feel the same way.

Why do you post at all then..

Go watch another mod topic if you can't be patient enough dude! Clearly a lot of you guys are not patient and to me that is really sad.

A real fan of this topic wouldn't care if the mod was released today or a year from now. They have been generous enough to show sneak peaks, gameplay footage, along with countless updates and all you so called "fans" can do is complain. Once again, really sad guys.. Show these creators a little respect eh? :angry:

Why do you post at all then..haha

Go watch another mod topic if you can't be patient enough dude. Clearly a lot of you guys are not patient and to me that is really sad.

A real fan of this topic wouldn't care if the mod was released today or a year from now. They have been generous enough to show sneak peaks, gameplay footage, along with countless updates and all you so called "fans" can do is complain. Once again, really sad guys.. Show these creators a little respect eh? :angry:

I don't need to hear from you kid. I wasn't addressing you at all. Go play your playstation and leave this conversation to the adults.

I have shown these guys plenty of respect. No part of my post was disrespectful. I have not been on here bashing them. I have been super supportive of their efforts, and wholeheartedly support this mod. Sneak peaks were great when it was January, and they were saying that the mod was going to be out in the spring. It is spring now. I'm saying what everyone is thinking, and what the creators themselves know. We would rather play this mod than read about it or watch it.

Rafael himself aknowleged this when he posted that it would be out by Easter. The fans are starting to get restless. We have shown great support, and as far as I know, nobody has complained about the delays. We recognize that these guys have lives, and that building a mod takes time. We understand that they want to give us the best mod possible, but like some others have said, it looks like it's playable now. If there are minor bugs and glitches, we can deal with it.

Don't come on here and start bashing the long term supporters of this game and mod for having an opinion. As far as I know, you haven't earned that right, and even if you have, I'm not the guy who wants to hear from you.

Calm down man, everybody can have their opinion... You have too many bad vibrations that are arriving to me...

I'd say this all have come more because the facebook thing than the release date, so man, you also could show a little respect for other members, because we all have been respecful since long time.

And please, let's forget this discussion once and for all.

End of the day, we'll release when we want, we don't think it's finished, but we're far enough along to show off some of the features and help you use them.

We've always said Spring 2012, so how's that infinite waiting? Jeez

And besides you wouldn't even know about this mod had we not shown off stuff like this. But whatever I can't believe this community sometimes.

Gonna go work on the mod a little more before I totally flip out on y'all.

Regards

Manhattan Mod team

Agreed :cool:

The real question is will this topic hit page 300 before the facebook page gets its 400 likes? haha

My money will probably be on the 300 page mark lol.

My money is still on the page 300 mark haha

Agreed just stop or this is going to get worse

Yeah. Like when, you know, an evil moderator steps in.

*clears throat*

Yep. I'm here. So it might be a good idea to cut the "gimme gimme" talk right about now.

EDIT:

After a brief discussion with Dyson, we have agreed to close this topic until further notice.

Sadly, many seem to forget that modding is merely a volunteer hobby performed by people who may also have school and/or work to deal with. No matter how mature any of you try to make yourself sound by voicing your "frustrations", it still sounds exactly like what it is: a childish and selfish sense of entitlement.

Modders don't get paid. Nor do they have any kind of schedule or obligation to which they must obey. They do this for fun, and they give you any update they can (or none at all) as they see fit.

Topic now reopened, as the mod is now ready for release.

Thanks Voodoo

Right guys, first up this isn't bug report.

Well I'm not 100% sure what the issues are, I left a fully functioning mod with one or two tweaks needing to be done, I return and hell has broken loose, so I'm going to DL the version released by Raf make some tweaks and get everyone at a level they can play, I don't even know if anyone has managed to play yet because the only real feedback I've seen has been 'it's shit' or some deviation. So give me a few days and we'll see where we're at.

So first up if people, in a calm manner, can post any issues they're having.

Here's some global tips, try all of these if the problem still persists then feel free to post.

1. Load up EM4 and make sure all graphics are at their lowest before loading the mod.

2. Make sure nothing else is running.

3. Double check you installed to the right directory.

I'll keep more support coming as I know of it, but please guys, let's act adult about all of this

;)

Dyson

x

A little detail is that the first post off this topic is slightly outdated. :)

I myself have NO gameplay issues at all. I use the "real" version downloaded through torrent and i run it on Em4 (non 911fr non deluxe). Win7 64bit. Works flawlessly!

A little detail is that the first post off this topic is slightly outdated. :)

I myself have NO gameplay issues at all. I use the "real" version downloaded through torrent and i run it on Em4 (non 911fr non deluxe). Win7 64bit. Works flawlessly!

Good to hear it does actually work then! :D

I've had no problems with the game apart from 1 incident, Where a helicopter has crashed into the park, I'm unable to send divers into the accident area to mark a car in there.

other things i've noticed, are the sirens aren't all up to scratch, but wouldn't call that a game breaker.

It's an amazing mod, the team have done a great job with it, the map doesn't feel EM4 ish, Like most do, It's amazing and i love it :D