Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Midtowns time square and that is it????

huh?

Anyway here's a little gameplay, didn't wanna give anything new away, but didn't want to go too long without showing something..

Call came in today for a 10-75 on Wall St/Park Ave

TenHouse was first on scene, with Ladder 4 redirected from a Vehicle fire to assist.

Battalion 9 arrived on scene 10 minutes later, raising a second alarm, calling L24 E1 E54 on scene.

Ladder 10 carried out the main search of the building, Bank of Liberty. Squad 18 and Rescue 1 are still on route to act as FAST units.

No injured firefighters, half a dozen members of the public suffering from minor burns and smoke inhalation.

post-12838-0-29024000-1330983840_thumb.j

Cool I meant is time square part of midtown

Nope, in reality the midtown house is quite set back from Times Square, although most of their calls involve running through it.

In this mod midtown covers the north east of the mod, where Times Square is located south west.

Hey Dyson,

You've got a great mod coming along. Looks fantastic.

I take it you're creating a map, how big is the map going to be? And will it be similar to a place in New York?

If you don't mind me asking.

If this has been asked earlier before, I apologize for not reading back a few pages back. I haven't been on the forums for a few months!

Nope, in reality the midtown house is quite set back from Times Square, although most of their calls involve running through it.

In this mod midtown covers the north east of the mod, where Times Square is located south west.

I thought midtown house was like 2 steps from times square http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczMyjVZA4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player you can see some lights down the street

I thought midtown house was like 2 steps from times square http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczMyjVZA4k&feature=youtube_gdata_player you can see some lights down the street

Yeah its like 3 blocks or somet, but his question was, is midtown gonna be in Times Square xD

And yeah @Steve the map is exactly the same size as LA, although we make better use of space :)

There's - 4 firehouses. 2 precincts. 1 Hospital. Central Park. Empire State, Ground Zero, Chinatown, Rockerfella, Wall St. Subway openable.

We've also instigated a one way system using firelanes too. Traffic is quite chaotic as you would expect, but with handy vehicle speed controls, firelanes and no longer the option to re-direct it all works rather well :)

But hey, be the judge of that yourself:

http://youtu.be/bniAJ2d4GTY

Although this vid is already quite outdated by recent progress :)

@EmergencyFan6299 we used GTA buildings to bulk out the map, the unique buildings like firehouses have been hand made but the civil buildings have just been converted. Had we not have done we wouldn't have even finished the map yet. And there has already been a huge discussion and the conclusion was that there would be no notable copyright infringement. Rockstar games will be credited and thanked etc.

Dyson mah man, i must say it looks great. Cant wait !!!!! will there be anymore of thos dispatch teamspeak thingy? would love to hear it, could it be combined with some steaming ?

Keep up the great work guys !!!

and ofcourse if i could help out in anyway dont be afriad to ask, *hint* i rock at findeing erroes and stuff :-P

What is this?

I thought midtown house was like 2 steps from times square you can see some lights down the street

It's about a mile away, and Engine 54, Ladder4,and Battalion 9 are quartered northwest of Times Square and Engine 54 was headed uptown in that video, so whatever you saw was not times square.

It's about a mile away, and Engine 54, Ladder4,and Battalion 9 are quartered northwest of Times Square and Engine 54 was headed uptown in that video, so whatever you saw was not times square.

Incorrect, it is, W 48th runs into Times Square, it is like literally round the corner, on our map it wont be though. But yeah it's not in TS like previously stated.

Yeah its like 3 blocks or somet, but his question was, is midtown gonna be in Times Square xD

So are you adding the substation because you said you might not?? =@)

And yeah @Steve the map is exactly the same size as LA, although we make better use of space :)

There's - 4 firehouses. 2 precincts. 1 Hospital. Central Park. Empire State, Ground Zero, Chinatown, Rockerfella, Wall St. Subway openable.

We've also instigated a one way system using firelanes too. Traffic is quite chaotic as you would expect, but with handy vehicle speed controls, firelanes and no longer the option to re-direct it all works rather well :)

@EmergencyFan6299 we used GTA buildings to bulk out the map, the unique buildings like firehouses have been hand made but the civil buildings have just been converted. Had we not have done we wouldn't have even finished the map yet. And there has already been a huge discussion and the conclusion was that there would be no notable copyright infringement. Rockstar games will be credited and thanked etc.