Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

The ambience noise was collected by just playing GTA 4 with a microphone on, i took loads of sound and took the best ones. The one you heard is the downtown west ambience, it was a very busy and lively ambience, but someone happened to answer their phone right next to me. Might be a little bit repetitive, but its not something we're looking to change :)

There will be no helicopters in Manhattan. Strictly no fly zone unfortunately, would cause issues with the skyscrapers.

Yesterday I thought on the top of the page there is a button "Follow this topic" and to my mind it's the same as "like" on Facebook.

So Let's show them that We like The Manhattan Mod and click on "Follow the topic"! :cool:

Are you insane bro? Calm down man, there is more in the life than a mod...

I believe "follow the topic" just means you'll get your email inbox or pm box flooded every time someone posts here. (Which means, ironically, that I just flooded 101 innocent inboxes).

Ok, maybe it doesn't work like that, but I'm just saying it's probably doing something similar.

I believe "follow the topic" just means you'll get your email inbox or pm box flooded every time someone posts here. (Which means, ironically, that I just flooded 101 innocent inboxes).

Ok, maybe it doesn't work like that, but I'm just saying it's probably doing something similar.

It does, but only if the person set their notifications to send them a notification when something is posted.

I'm kind of surprised they don't own one...Of all the departments in the US that should or would, they would be most likely. They certainly have enough specialty units; high volume portable pumps, a field surgeon, whatever in the heck WMD 1 is... I've only seen two actual cranes dedicated to emergency services in the US and it was out of the Pittsburgh area in the mid-90's, and one was at John Wayne airport in California.

The MTA tow truck is litteraly a tow truck, there is nothing like the LAFD heavy rescue in New York City. If they need a crane, they litterally call a crane.

I don't mean to do the LAFD crane function, I wanted to say doing the function of heavy tow truck in the tech section, since MTA is an official agency; and having so more variety between technical units.

In freeplay there are no vents that require a crane, so no.

The Tow Truck situation, as it currently stands, is the same tow as in LA. The one from the additional units I think.

I will look into renovating the towing department though, but will need more references to vehicles that are tow trucks for other vehicles rather than just for buses.

An awesome thing about tow trucks is that in the Bronx near where I used to live, there were pickup trucks that had the tow hook in the back making it a cheap tow truck with A HELL of an engine. Thing is, there would be lots of those type of companies so they would literally race to the scene of a car accident. What I'm saying is maybe you could be the first to put this type of tow truck in your mod or maybe like have a crash between the two trucks. That would actually seem more realistic haha. Just a thought.

I'm kind of surprised they don't own one...Of all the departments in the US that should or would, they would be most likely. They certainly have enough specialty units; high volume portable pumps, a field surgeon, whatever in the heck WMD 1 is... I've only seen two actual cranes dedicated to emergency services in the US and it was out of the Pittsburgh area in the mid-90's, and one was at John Wayne airport in California.

The cost is to high, and a crane need to be maintaned alot to work in a dangerous situation.

So it's way cheaper to call one from a private company.

Hey Dyson, how many enterable subway stations will be in the map? :)

It's still very much WiP but I expect only one, it took me around 4 hours to get all the physics in place using virtual objects etc. Seens as you cant copy VOs I doubt there will be any others ;)

Here is a sneak peak from the Documentaries topic. The call is fictional but the response is real in game.

God don't you just hate arrogant kids, I sure do. ^

Anyway, here's more clutter to piss ya off ;)

*Done in game*

11:32 am Reported Gas Leak in a Subway Station on Wall St and Park Ave. Ladder 10 dispatched.

11:34 Ladder 10 responds on scene.

post-12838-0-51319900-1330132697_thumb.j

11:35 Ladder 10 Firefighters, including Captain grab highrise packs and tools.

post-12838-0-08149500-1330132698_thumb.j

11:36 They head over to the subway entrance, the captain announces their arrival on scene to the dispatcher.

post-12838-0-62482400-1330132698_thumb.j

11:37 The firefighters head down into the subway, they then meet with someone in charge. The Captain stays on the surface with the rig communicating with dispatch,

post-12838-0-24778000-1330132699_thumb.j

11:38 After talking, the leak is dismissed as a false alarm, probably just 'some tourists trying to get some snaps of the FDNY'.

post-12838-0-90007600-1330132699_thumb.j

11:39 They head back out, whilst the Captain uses a parts per million analysis detector to analyze the air.

post-12838-0-44080000-1330132700_thumb.j

11:41 After being giving the all clear the firefighters re-surface on the street and head back to the house.

post-12838-0-92691400-1330132700_thumb.j

Sorry it was a boring call, but I wanted to do something that couldn't actually happen in real game (a false alarm). The subway is real though.

Thanks for reading/looking.

Dyson

x