Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Eh, yeah but I really don't see much women firefighters in the FDNY. I looked..well so far, I saw two actually haha. at 3 engine house. That would be interesting though but there would be like one per company =. I'm jk but at the same time, I'm truthful...

Eh, yeah but I really don't see much women firefighters in the FDNY. I looked..well so far, I saw two actually haha. at 3 engine house. That would be interesting though but there would be like one per company =. I'm jk but at the same time, I'm truthful...

Did a report and found out that 90% of FDNY firefighters are white males.

Yeah it's the same in uk not many female firefighter paramedics are female mostly

The Fire Service for my area are on a mad recruitment spree for Female FireFighters, Police. Well... That's a rant for another topic :P

From my working experience, I've come accross more Male Paramedics than Female, But there's noticebly more female members in the Ambulance service than fire.

In My Area, It's not Gender they're going for with police recruitment...

Really enjoyed the week of awesomeness, looking forward to more info :)

First post updated with more info..

We will not be having any female personnel in the game, not because I'm sexist but for these reasons.

a) We can't edit person models so couldn't add a cap or helmet to the PD or firefighters.

b) Em4's women animations look stupid, they run round with their arms by there sides... just no.

c) We decided to have variations of the PD instead, for example rather than women we had short sleeve officers, we hope to add ethnic minorities to the PD if possible and maybe to the FD but that's if we have time.

On the left is a useable person not in turnout gear, on the right is the guy suited up ready to roll out.

From Left to Right: Rescue 1 FF, Standard FF (All firehouses), Standard Cpt (All Firehouses, only on Ladder Trucks) and Rescue 1 Captain.

When waiting for a call or responding to a non-fire emergency there will be an option to change clothes.

Even if you don't want the hastle of constantly changing clothes, if you respond to a water rescue with Rescue 1, the personnel must change out of their turnout gear first, then they are given the option to change to diver, and back again.

Most MP testers loved this function and spend most of the time between calls changing the FF into a more laid back environment.

noturnoutgear.png

Well what we do in MP is,

1. You get the game informing you of a fire.

2. If it's near your assigned firehouse you begin suiting up.

3. Then when you get the call officially by the human dispatcher (usually Rafael in testing) you are ready.

4. Send 2 guys into the road, pull the rig out, hop in, and go.