Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Wow this mod is nice!!!! i love all the features and vehicles,keep up the great work Dyson & Rafael...i cant wait to play this mod this looks so lovely... :cheers:

Good, it keeps my modding fresh rather than repetitive :) today will be the first time I've played since monday :)

Gives you a new perspective? That's good man... Good luck with that and keep up the good work on Manhattan. Oh and is Miami a mod or submod?

I have a few notes for Dyson and Rafael mostly regarding NYPD vehicles

Unmarked Vehicle lighting packages

Unmarked cars are typically equipped with basic lighting packages either a Reg/White LED light above the mirror or the passenger visor Older cars will have a red halogen light on the dashboard, Wig Wags or strobes in the headlights and tail lights. Deck lights were used on all crown vics from 1998-2011, Impalas were rarely equipped with deck lights until 2008 when there were equipped with red and blue deck lights.

NYPD use of blue lights

Blue lights were approved for police use in NYS in 2006 and the NYPD adapted them in 2007 for highway patrol and 2008 for all units. Starting in 2010/2011 Older RMP's that were sent to the shops were equipped with blue lights located in the outer 2 pods of the vision light bar.

NYPD Unmarked Vehicles

The NYPD uses several types of unmarked vehicles including Crown Vics, Impalas, Fusions, Altimas and Tauruses for Patrol and detective units. They are mostly dark colors but the occasional silver and tan cars are found. The NYPD does not use white unmarked cars.

NYPD Vehicle Numbering Plan

Here is how vehicles are assigned a number. Starting in 2008 vehicles received smaller numbers indicating the last 2 digits of the year of the vehicle

#1000 Series - RMP's and some Prisoner transport vehicles

#2000 Series - RMP's

#2800/2900 Series - Highway Patrol Vehicles

#3000 Series - RMP's and Heavy Duty Trucks

#4000 Series - RMP's

#5000 Series - Hybrids and pre 2009 Vans and SUV's / New Highway Patrol RMP's

#6000 Series - School Safety Vehicles

#7000 Series - Traffic Vehicles

#7800 Series - Auxiliary Police Vehicles

#8000 Series - 2009 and Up SUV's and Vans

#9000 Series - All Housing Vehicles

#AP000 Series - Older Blue Auxiliary Police Vehicles

NYPD impala decklights

the NYPD started equipping there marked impalas with Red and Blue deck lights starting in 2008. There have never been Red and White Deck lights on any NYPD impalas

I have a few notes for Dyson and Rafael mostly regarding NYPD vehicles

Unmarked Vehicle lighting packages

Unmarked cars are typically equipped with basic lighting packages either a Reg/White LED light above the mirror or the passenger visor Older cars will have a red halogen light on the dashboard, Wig Wags or strobes in the headlights and tail lights. Deck lights were used on all crown vics from 1998-2011, Impalas were rarely equipped with deck lights until 2008 when there were equipped with red and blue deck lights.

NYPD use of blue lights

Blue lights were approved for police use in NYS in 2006 and the NYPD adapted them in 2007 for highway patrol and 2008 for all units. Starting in 2010/2011 Older RMP's that were sent to the shops were equipped with blue lights located in the outer 2 pods of the vision light bar.

NYPD Unmarked Vehicles

The NYPD uses several types of unmarked vehicles including Crown Vics, Impalas, Fusions, Altimas and Tauruses for Patrol and detective units. They are mostly dark colors but the occasional silver and tan cars are found. The NYPD does not use white unmarked cars.

NYPD Vehicle Numbering Plan

Here is how vehicles are assigned a number. Starting in 2008 vehicles received smaller numbers indicating the last 2 digits of the year of the vehicle

#1000 Series - RMP's and some Prisoner transport vehicles

#2000 Series - RMP's

#2800/2900 Series - Highway Patrol Vehicles

#3000 Series - RMP's and Heavy Duty Trucks

#4000 Series - RMP's

#5000 Series - Hybrids and pre 2009 Vans and SUV's / New Highway Patrol RMP's

#6000 Series - School Safety Vehicles

#7000 Series - Traffic Vehicles

#7800 Series - Auxiliary Police Vehicles

#8000 Series - 2009 and Up SUV's and Vans

#9000 Series - All Housing Vehicles

#AP000 Series - Older Blue Auxiliary Police Vehicles

NYPD impala decklights

the NYPD started equipping there marked impalas with Red and Blue deck lights starting in 2008. There have never been Red and White Deck lights on any NYPD impalas

Good research, but all very minor things, we won't be making any changes at this stage.

i think i already asked about 100 something page back & i can't remember what you said did you say there will or will not be chase command on police units. i ask because everytime i get a call for stolen vehicle on nyc mod i either have to shoot the car up till he gets out or spike the tires. Sorry If I Already Asked Im just really excited about the release geting closer this is the best mod i ever seen in my life

i think i already asked about 100 something page back & i can't remember what you said did you say there will or will not be chase command on police units. i ask because everytime i get a call for stolen vehicle on nyc mod i either have to shoot the car up till he gets out or spike the tires. Sorry If I Already Asked Im just really excited about the release geting closer this is the best mod i ever seen in my life

If this helps you any you can use the police helicopter and have it follow the car, this will make the driver stop the car and get out and run.