FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Looks great. Question though, are you reworking all vehicles or just some that your team feels need improvement?

we just improve those vehicles which need to get improved

Since nobody wants to be constructive I will be, I'd suggest changing the wheels out to slightly rounder ones, otherwise it looks pretty good. The SUV market over here doesnt have boxy wheels as bad as big rigs do for example, so they have a bit of a curve at the top=) and the rim it's self is a bit too deep for the trucky not being a dually. Otherwise I like it, nice work on the chromed parts=)

thx mikey, the wheels arent too small, its the angle of the screen... but you are right... we make them more round

The wheels may be a bit too small and maybe the highway bars are a bit too far forward? I do think that it's missing the two rear amber LED's, isn't it?

EDIT: For discussion on this page, here it is again:

battalion10ak8.png

again, these wheels arent too small, its because of the angle why it looks so small... the hi way bars are on their exact right position, i know this battalion very good also there are no rear LEDs in reality

Back to topic please, Tut responded, and he is correct, I looked up the Excursions before I commented and the Hi Riser bars that they use vary extensively from truck to truck, I could not find 2 that were exactly alike on their lighting configurations, There arent that many excursions so standardizing the lighting on such a minimally used vehicle would be more costly than just giving them either old bars from their sucessors (which is probrably what most of them use, unless they are in such disrepair that they must be replaced) Such is why some of them have really insanely old looking bars, others have newer ones, you can usually look at the glass on the bar and tell whether it is new or older.. Old tends to be foggy/faded. Just the nature of the trucks and their lighting systems...

This isnt really the topic for debating whether One or more of the Excursions NYC has runs LEDs or not, only the one they've done is the one that matters for this mod.

That is the E2QB, it is an electronic version and it does not bounce off of the sky scrapers as much so they can use those.

I don't think that was a E2QB on the ladder... I think it was a Q, which are now legal in NYC... but I'm not completely sure...

He's right, ladder 4 has a q mounted right in the center of the bumper. You can see it better in this video. I have no idea why they have it though, since FDNY SOPs banned the actual mechanical ones.

they demounted their Q a long time ago... the video you've linked to is an old one... ladder 4 has definitely no mech Q anymore since they have to use their EQ2B... but lets stop discussing about this siren thing now, BTT!

decided to show you the rework of battalion 1, still gets improved

battalion10ak8.png

Any chance of an updated street scene? Maybe a fire with some towers in operation? Just a taste to tide us hungry folks over?

asking for it doesnt make us give out any screen faster, just quite the opposite... we give out things when we think its right to ;)

You mean this topic isnt about discussing NYC related toys unrelenting? There is actually a modification buried somewhere in the pages... I could've sworn different. Perhaps just perhaps someone in here that feels like it could make a topic in OFF topic to discuss these things opposed to splitting this topic 2000 times for a total of 108 pages that I'd guess less than 25 are about the actual mod it's self. Elas BTT of ze mod that supposedly lies beneath all the offtopicness.

they demounted their Q a long time ago... the video you've linked to is an old one... ladder 4 has definitely no mech Q anymore since they have to use their EQ2B... but lets stop discussing about this siren thing now, BTT!

asking for it doesnt make us give out any screen faster, just quite the opposite... we give out things when we think its right to ;)

I hear you brother. I'm just letting you know that us diehards are getting restless for some new screen shots or a major update. We're on your side. We understand the time and effort that you guys are putting in. Believe me, nobody appreciates it more than I do. I understand that you guys want to keep many things quiet until the release. I think that giving us more info and screenshots and such won't hurt your cause. It would get the community more excited for the release. The problem is that we have no idea when that is going to be. We can't ask about it either. So we could go round and round for another two years talking about sirens and getting another 50 pages of BS speculations. If you need help, please ask. We all love what you are doing, and any one of us would bend over backwards to make this the best mod ever. If not, then please understand that we are your biggest supporters. We ask for updates because we are excited about what you are doing. There are plenty of mod announcements on this forum where nobody really cares about what they are doing. Yours isn't one of them. Please take this as a compliment. You guys are rock stars. You've been asked to do an encore. Us fans want more because we like your music. It's a compliment that not everyone receives.

I hear you brother. I'm just letting you know that us diehards are getting restless for some new screen shots or a major update. We're on your side. We understand the time and effort that you guys are putting in. Believe me, nobody appreciates it more than I do. I understand that you guys want to keep many things quiet until the release. I think that giving us more info and screenshots and such won't hurt your cause. It would get the community more excited for the release. The problem is that we have no idea when that is going to be. We can't ask about it either. So we could go round and round for another two years talking about sirens and getting another 50 pages of BS speculations. If you need help, please ask. We all love what you are doing, and any one of us would bend over backwards to make this the best mod ever. If not, then please understand that we are your biggest supporters. We ask for updates because we are excited about what you are doing. There are plenty of mod announcements on this forum where nobody really cares about what they are doing. Yours isn't one of them. Please take this as a compliment. You guys are rock stars. You've been asked to do an encore. Us fans want more because we like your music. It's a compliment that not everyone receives.

I agree 100% with what he's saying. Also, if no updates come around, we'll be looking back at the first page and racking our brains to wonder what we could say about it when it has already been said insome other page. We don't want to cause spam but we're thinking about new things to talk about but can't think of anything (until you update us). To help this along, I would like to ask if you made your own voices for certain commands or if you've put things from radio talk for commands.