FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Will every station other than the one for Squad 61 be on the map what about the NYPD any special scripts for them.

There wont be A map per say. They havent gone into great detail about it but there will be various maps to represent the various parts of NY City like China Town could have a map, as well as Bronx, and Manhattan.

FF/Tim, I know you guys have said that your load times should be about one minute, but I dont think anyone has asked what you guys suspect the total size of the mod to be? LA Mod comes in around 200 MB, and same for RTS, Winterburg comes in at just under a gigabyte, so I am a bit curious to see just a rough idea of where this mod stands in terms of storage space.

Guest nerd in nyc

Does FDNY send EMS supervisors if there is an FDNY firetruck on scene but a hospital/private ambulance?

I almost positive not because 1)an FDNY engine is not an FDNY EMS unit, 2)the FDNY is not responsible for what the private hospitals do.

Depending on the job, i.e. possible cardiac arrest, FDNY EMS supervisors (known as Conditions Officers) will be assigned the job or flag themselves. Conditions Officers are supervisors for every single EMT and Paramedic in the 911 system. They can write up anybody in the 911 system, FDNY or Hospital EMT/Medic. Hospitals that run 911 buses do have supervisors, but can only write up their own employees. It used to be that supervisors had the same power as conditions but that was changed a long time ago.

Just a little nice tid bit of info, if the operation is Fire, Hazmat, MVA, or Rescue, the Fire boss is in charge of the scene and the Conditions officer is only in charge of triage and patient care/transport. If it is a medical job, conditions is in charge.

I have a good computer, so it shouldn't be a problem for me. As long as loading is fast, then it's fine. I'm sure it'll take up a lot of space though... :gruebel:

Well I have close to 5 TB worth of storage(combined) so it shouldnt be a problem for me either :P I was just curious to see how the size turns out.

FF/Tim, will you guys be hosting the mod on a dedicated server of some sort, or will you be using free hosts like rapidshare, or will you use the EMP download center?

you can choose between three different traffic levels, cars which stuck somewhere disappear after 15 seconds

Does this happen if a unit/squad is stoping traffic?

amazing :xmas:

question; when you have a car fire and the fire is out, if the car is left there to be picked up by DOT will it disappear after a while?

you have to pick it up in every other mod so why wouldn't you have to in this one?

There wont be A map per say. They havent gone into great detail about it but there will be various maps to represent the various parts of NY City like China Town could have a map, as well as Bronx, and Manhattan.

China Town is part of Manhattan.

will there eventually be maps featuring LaGuardia and JFK International Airports in which we control PAPD, DHS, ect.?

Realistically DHS does roam the airfields, but every single one of em that I have seen were "ground vehicles" that were totally unmarked, in most cases they don't even have government tags on them, unless you look in the window you'd never know... So I can't see where a purpose for them would come into play really. Last one I saw was a Jeep Commander with State tags not gov, and it definately was not lit up for emergency response.

I am assuming that there are going to be fireboats in this game. Will the two new ones, the 343 and the Firefighter II make it in?

no, there are no fireboats

will there eventually be maps featuring LaGuardia and JFK International Airports in which we control PAPD, DHS, ect.?

maybe later but not planned in first version

does anybody know if when you are fighting a fire and you have personel on the roof and you want firefighters in the building will it show the men on the roof and the fireman in the building at the same time?

let you surprise ;)

Realistically DHS does roam the airfields, but every single one of em that I have seen were "ground vehicles" that were totally unmarked, in most cases they don't even have government tags on them, unless you look in the window you'd never know... So I can't see where a purpose for them would come into play really. Last one I saw was a Jeep Commander with State tags not gov, and it definately was not lit up for emergency response.

I've flow a couple of times in the past couple weeks out of Newark and I've seen at least a dozen marked DHS units there.

I believe that they originally said that we would be able to use that boat. When they said there would be

no need for a fire boat, I believe that they meant there would be no need for something as large as Firefighter II for firefighting but we'd probably need something like an inflatable for rescue ops.