FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

From left to right:

Engine 10 = Line where you see what truck your FF belongs to

Firefighter = Occupation of the person selected

Health Status = Condition of your unit

SCBA Status = Just displayed when FF wears SCBA / recently showing in "PSI" instead of "perfect"

Fire Symbol = click on opens the submenu with the equipment which is needful for firefighting, e.g. the different hosetypes, fire extinguisher, etc.

Gear Wheel Symbol = click on it opens submenu with everything needful for technical rescues, e.g. hurst tool, high pressure bags, etc

SCBA symbol = put on - take off bottle

Mask symbol = put on - take off mask (you just loose air when your unit is wearing the mask)

Radio = Nothing important for a normal firefighter anymore, just in Lt. command bar now

Very cool update. Thanks!

only truck ffs have the option to vent a roof

Is there any visual difference, like if I look at a group of FFs working at a fire will I be able to tell just by looking which ones as rescue ffs, squad ffs, ETC? Also on a side note on the venting, Squad ffs should have that ability to vent too, because outside of their 3rd due area, they are considered a truck company. Also will we have the same FFs every time we sound the alarm (their health will stay the same, ETC), or will it be new FFs like in the LA mod? Finally I have found a bunch of FDNY documents so I'll post the links below in case you're interested.

FDNY Operations Guideline

FDNY 2005 Location Chart

FDNY EMS Location Chart (including voluntaries)

FDNY ICS Manual

FDNY Organizational Chart

Is there any visual difference, like if I look at a group of FFs working at a fire will I be able to tell just by looking which ones as rescue ffs, squad ffs, ETC?

color of the leathershield is like in real, also like showed in the screen of the GUI by clicking on the unit you see what truck it belongs to

Also on a side note on the venting, Squad ffs should have that ability to vent too, because outside of their 3rd due area, they are considered a truck company.

sure can squad FFs vent too, they have the same staffing as a truck co.

Also will we have the same FFs every time we sound the alarm (their health will stay the same, ETC), or will it be new FFs like in the LA mod?

dont give an answer to this, you see that in a screenshot of the media package explained ;)

Finally I have found a bunch of FDNY documents so I'll post the links below in case you're interested.

thank you... but i know the most already, have friends and relatives working over there and was couple of times there too ;)

hope i could help with my answers

hm, decided to show you a screen of the GUI... its a screenshot took in the first tutorial stage (date of screenshot: 10/22/2010).

em42010-10-0222-05-35-vu21.png

as shown above it was a while ago we took this screen, the time brought changes... e.g. after we decided to make the chauffeur and the captain as single "actors" the talkie is just in the bar of the cpt. or the SCBA status is displayed in PSI now.

but you are going to see the current status on screens coming with the media package, may this screenshot smooth some ruffled feelings.

Any chance that the health status and scba status will be changed to a gauge read out rather then text?

Why would you want a pass, it'd get annoying and you would have to constantly move every firefighter so they wouldn't keep going off, and at a big fire it'd be near impossible to keep track of every one.

That is true it would get annoying

but realistic

Why would you want a pass, it'd get annoying and you would have to constantly move every firefighter so they wouldn't keep going off, and at a big fire it'd be near impossible to keep track of every one.

You could set it up to go off only when the the firefighter goes down. I'm looking at trying to do just that

I have no idea about what anyone is saying. Will a PDF file be included explaining the mod and have included the terminology of these abriviations and such? I think it may be way too big for this wall to have everything explained in detail.

They said that there will be a large training center you have to do that will explain it all for ya. A PASS is the alarm that goes off on a fire fighter SCBA Tank if they don't move for a little amount of time.

Example

color of the leathershield is like in real, also like showed in the screen of the GUI by clicking on the unit you see what truck it belongs to

What I meant was would there be some other way to tell which rig they came off of so that way you don't have to click on each ff individually to return him to his rig, or are you guys adding a recall button to each rig to allow the crew to return.

I have no idea about what anyone is saying. Will a PDF file be included explaining the mod and have included the terminology of these abriviations and such? I think it may be way too big for this wall to have everything explained in detail.

They have said you will have to complete several tutorial missions for each department before starting the actual game play.

When this mod gets released, will it be EPF's record-holder for longest to create?

This site is usually called EMP, but yeah I believe so.

They have said you will have to complete several tutorial missions for each department before starting the actual game play.

This site is usually called EMP, but yeah I believe so.

Lol, yea but at the time I forgot the abbreviation so I just thought of that, thanks anyways.

To end the money debate,

If you create your own content, include an exe, yeah you can charge for use of YOUR stuff. As long as you don't offer the game with it. If you do, that's the illegal part. Debate ended. No more. At all.

As for comman dysmbols, I can't speak for sure, but I think they are done with those almost, or will be shortly

thanks for clearing that up it was a question not a comment :)