FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

I hear you brother. I'm just letting you know that us diehards are getting restless for some new screen shots or a major update. We're on your side. We understand the time and effort that you guys are putting in. Believe me, nobody appreciates it more than I do. I understand that you guys want to keep many things quiet until the release. I think that giving us more info and screenshots and such won't hurt your cause. It would get the community more excited for the release. The problem is that we have no idea when that is going to be. We can't ask about it either. So we could go round and round for another two years talking about sirens and getting another 50 pages of BS speculations. If you need help, please ask. We all love what you are doing, and any one of us would bend over backwards to make this the best mod ever. If not, then please understand that we are your biggest supporters. We ask for updates because we are excited about what you are doing. There are plenty of mod announcements on this forum where nobody really cares about what they are doing. Yours isn't one of them. Please take this as a compliment. You guys are rock stars. You've been asked to do an encore. Us fans want more because we like your music. It's a compliment that not everyone receives.

I really can understand you guys, wating for something isn't easy... and you don't know how much we appreciate comments like yours, those keep us going in times the motivation is underfoot :)

And now some statements:

"Why do we keep so much information and in-game screenshots as a secret?"

We keep most things as secrets, yes. There are some good reasons, let me explain. Believe me its better for all of you not to know what exactly is included in the modification... this has two main reasons:

Reason one: The surprise of what we've made is much bigger than to know what we have included before we are going to release it, i know that... i just go from me personally, i love to see new games released and to play them... i follow the developing process they did and every developer has its own presenting style. Some tell you everything, some the most important to keep you updated. As for me, i like the second option... yes it can be annoying to wait so long but when i play the game then and see things i never expected to be included... i think all of you know that feeling.

Reason two: This reason is the most important for us. On the one hand it's the surprise thing and on the other hand it's better for all of you, except a few people, not to know how big this project is and how our concept looks like. Believe me, you would call us crazy.

I know what you may think now.

"Why can't you show us little impressions then?"

There is an easy answer:

We are working on our final concept since the begginging of summer 2010, it's a big project but it's process is coming along fine. It has a reason why the "We introduce our modification" part on the first page is still empty.

Believe me guys, we are going to present you all information with some big media package when we feel that it's the right time to. Yes, we could give out screenshots right now at this moment... but this wouldn't be very good because currently everything concerning the map, etc is under construction. You wouldn't buy and move into a new apartment just from visiting the construction site, you take a visit after its quite finished and you see what you can expect from it and we are currently working on to this "final visit" but this still takes time.

All in all, we are going to show you information and screenshots of this big and special project but this still can take a while, i know this may sound stupid because it's always the same waht you hear "this can take a while" or "just be patient". The only thing we can do is giving out some screenshots of little things to keep you updated until we have our "information package" done to present it for the public.

I really wouldn't had wrote a text like this, which took me a half an hour to write my feelings down and find the right words to make it clear for all of you how and why we handle the publishing thing the way we handle it, when i wouldn't be in earnest with it.

Regards

That post should help some people :)

Just curious, how many members are on your modding team??

5 in total now, we were three people... i think you may remember but after developing the new concept we took two very talented guys on board additionally and everything works fine ;)

*Pinned my statement on first page under "We introduce our modification"*

Not only that but conceptual stage things change, sometimes what you intended to do you find either doesnt work so well or alternatively is just inefficient and leave out at the final build, which if you told everyone you were doing it, it'd make some frustrated that it wasnt included in the final regardless to the logic behind it. Sometimes saying less is better than saying everything and having to go back on it later.

Not only that but conceptual stage things change, sometimes what you intended to do you find either doesnt work so well or alternatively is just inefficient and leave out at the final build, which if you told everyone you were doing it, it'd make some frustrated that it wasnt included in the final regardless to the logic behind it. Sometimes saying less is better than saying everything and having to go back on it later.

Totally true. Mike I have been there plenty of times. That subway system is a prime example.

FFW TUT, Tim and the rest of the team. I think that your approach to the way you guys display your mod publicly is just awesome. Just the little bits and pieces that we see from your mod allows the imagination in some to just go nuts. I sit and just think if this is just small parts of this mod than its just going to be amazing. It is kind of the magic of this mod in a way. Keep up the work! 12.gif

Guest RES6CUE

sorry everyone havent been able to keep up with what was going on with the new york mod..been pretty busy..can someone post a good working link to download the most recent updated New York MOD..thanks for the help everyone..

sorry everyone havent been able to keep up with what was going on with the new york mod..been pretty busy..can someone post a good working link to download the most recent updated New York MOD..thanks for the help everyone..

Noop watch topic title

You can't download it

I know it has been asked before...but with your increasing detail on the vehicles, do you think that the specs people will need to be able to run this mod when it comes out have changed at all?

I think I remember it being said somewhere that ultimately it wouldn't change too much because obviously you are still using the core engine of EM4.

I couldn't imagine how people would feel after they wait the 3-4 years for this to be released only to find their computer blows up in their face as it attempts to load :P

I know it has been asked before...but with your increasing detail on the vehicles, do you think that the specs people will need to be able to run this mod when it comes out have changed at all?

I think I remember it being said somewhere that ultimately it wouldn't change too much because obviously you are still using the core engine of EM4.

I couldn't imagine how people would feel after they wait the 3-4 years for this to be released only to find their computer blows up in their face as it attempts to load :P

do you really think we would develop on something what couldn't run on a normal computer? if your em4 works smoothly, then its no problem

do you really think we would develop on something what couldn't run on a normal computer? if your em4 works smoothly, then its no problem

I didn't say you would deliberatly develop it.

I just asked if because you are now going back over and increasing the detail of most of your vehicles it could create issues.

And y'know..since someone has already quoted your reply and said that it was good news, it couldn't have been that bad a question.

I didn't say you would deliberatly develop it.

I just asked if because you are now going back over and increasing the detail of most of your vehicles it could create issues.

And y'know..since someone has already quoted your reply and said that it was good news, it couldn't have been that bad a question.

I agree, wondered that too..