FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Just a quick question. This came up while watching a video.

Will the Fire Chief be able to do more then send units?

EDIT: Another question. Will there be such emergencies as "Structure Collapse"? Again, after watching a video, a structure collapses with multiple injuries.

Just a question.

Edited by Steve Winters

Guest emergency captain

A week? I'll be playing this on my arse for 10 years ;) it will be amazing!

Yea you are the dispatcher.. But I like to think as my self as the chief.

Is that all you two got? I will be playing this mod until I die. But then computers will be all fancy shmancy.

Guest Francis

When this mod comes out I will be sitting on my but for a week playing it. :loldev:

You're lucky I was the one to read it correctly, because you could have got a warning because one of the staff misunderstanding it. :P

So long as when I press the parking button all the staff automatically pack up and get into their cars before it drives home, all is well for me...

Guest emergency captain

So long as when I press the parking button all the staff automatically pack up and get into their cars before it drives home, all is well for me...

Same. I hate it when you have to do it manually.

I don't mind doing it manually, it gives more gameplay.

Also my impression is that you can roleplay a lot, so.. -why only at the incidents, guys? You can roleplay packing up the stuff and such too. At the scene of an incident is 1 thing to save lives, another is to pack up after it again.

(to emergency captain and TacticalRooster) you can imagine it with your lego, you play with it, then you clean it up. It's a simple basis and both things is a "NEED!" and therefore it adds realism to your roleplay. (just to this: if you're very very spoiled it ain't a "NEED!" cause then you're dad or mom probably cleans up after you. lol jk)

Guest emergency captain

I don't mind doing it manually, it gives more gameplay.

Also my impression is that you can roleplay a lot, so.. -why only at the incidents, guys? You can roleplay packing up the stuff and such too. At the scene of an incident is 1 thing to save lives, another is to pack up after it again.

(to emergency captain and TacticalRooster) you can imagine it with your lego, you play with it, then you clean it up. It's a simple basis and both things is a "NEED!" and therefore it adds realism to your roleplay. (just to this: if you're very very spoiled it ain't a "NEED!" cause then you're dad or mom probably cleans up after you. lol jk)

Legos can't do that. And even still, I wish something like the Rapid Deplaoyment were in the mod. Sorry, but Back To Topic??????

I don't see how you can oppose automatic packing up and going home, it's so boring and you have to ensure that no-one is left behind. In real life, people tend to know they exist, and can go to the fire engine themselves.

Also, a little idea for a medical event:

A call which is not life-threatening. For some reason, even when people have just been "slightly injured" from a fall, they're still bleeding out their life over time, which isn't realistic. If you're bleeding heavily enough to bleed to death from a fall, then that isn't a "slight injury". You should be able to respond to some medical calls without lights and sirens, but you can't normally because otherwise their condition gets too bad.

Also, with NY Mod, I wonder, what about dead body reports and you have to get forensics to examine and find the murderer. Then you raid their house and take em downtown. I'm going to be playing this mod as much as Winterberg mod if not more when it comes it! :laugh:

Edited by pyrothijs
deleted off topic

we know you guys are adding lots of different calls and editing the way they run (venting, using cutters as well as spreaders, different medical system) etc etc. Just wondering if you are changing the way that HAZMATS run. For example using gas detectors, HAZ bins, decon showers, etc etc, instead of just a hazmat tent like current system uses? cheers

anyways, dont think any one has asked this of the NY Mod, but, Tim, knowing the crazy things you pull off in this game, will you/have you designed a system to allow traffic to merge in to another lane rather then redirecting. I think we need both commands at times but for other time I think this would be useful and its something I think alot of people have wanted for some time.

Edited by pyrothijs
deleted off topic

Guest emergency captain

Her ein my town, we have something called an opticom on the fire department's trucks. There is a sensor near the traffic lights. When the opticom button is pushed, the sensor sees it allowing the light to turn green, while in sight. When the vehicle moves away, the light turns red again. And Xplorer, this is THE most creative modding team in Emergency4 history. They probably hhave already thought about your idea. Hell, they must have millions of ideas we don't know about!