FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Her ein my town, we have something called an opticom on the fire department's trucks. There is a sensor near the traffic lights. When the opticom button is pushed, the sensor sees it allowing the light to turn green, while in sight. When the vehicle moves away, the light turns red again. And Xplorer, this is THE most creative modding team in Emergency4 history. They probably hhave already thought about your idea. Hell, they must have millions of ideas we don't know about!

Yeah, the town next to me has a traffic light control system on almost all of their stoplights. Their system works on the sound of the siren, so any emergency vehicle can use it from any department.

Guest Francis

Opticom works as a GPS. It calculates the ETA to the light and turns it green for the fire truck, and red for others. A white beacon flashes on top of them. And now back to the topic. :)

Guest emergency captain

Opticom works as a GPS. It calculates the ETA to the light and turns it green for the fire truck, and red for others. A white beacon flashes on top of them. And now back to the topic. :)

Yes, we have the beacon. BTT

Hi,I think this mod is great, but I think that the modders try to make it too perfect. Maybe it can be a good idea to release a first version, even if it's not totally finish ? because it at been on work for a very very long time now.

So what do you think ? An early release maybe not totally finish, or keep waiting for the perfect finished version ?

I think he should perfect it first and release it when it's ready. Yeah you might be desperate for it, but when it comes out you'll realise the wait was worth it :)

Guest ToaDster

Hi,I think this mod is great, but I think that the modders try to make it too perfect. Maybe it can be a good idea to release a first version, even if it's not totally finish ? because it at been on work for a very very long time now.

So what do you think ? An early release maybe not totally finish, or keep waiting for the perfect finished version ?

a beta version would be nice, but i can wait. :)

Absolutely not. It should be prefected before it's released. It's great that the modders are taking their time to make this perfect. It should be.

And they said no to a "BETA".

I'd rather wait for the Finished version. I can wait and I will wait.

Opticom works as a GPS. It calculates the ETA to the light and turns it green for the fire truck, and red for others. A white beacon flashes on top of them.:)

Just to clairify the opticom system is a white flashing strobe light or an led light on the fire truck ambulance or police car. The certian strobe signal or led signal is picked up on sensors that turn the light green, or is suposed to. It is not based on gps, my trucks do not have gps but do have opticom. Just to claifify things.

Guest Francis

Just to clairify the opticom system is a white flashing strobe light or an led light on the fire truck ambulance or police car. The certian strobe signal or led signal is picked up on sensors that turn the light green, or is suposed to. It is not based on gps, my trucks do not have gps but do have opticom. Just to claifify things.

Opticom uses the GPS under it to send radio signals to traffic lights in order to turn green the right ones. It can also be manually controlled. :)

Opticom uses the GPS under it to send radio signals to traffic lights in order to turn green the right ones. It can also be manually controlled. :)

This may be true but most just use a certian frequency strobe light,(cheaper for the govt. Buaerocrats)

Well they could probably released a finished version tomorrow. It may not have all the features they want, but I suspect it could be considered finished to the point where they could release additional features down the road. Perhaps im wrong. We are in the dark about the over all progress after all. None the less, I suspect the first release to have its share of bugs as thats just the nature of the beast when doing a project like this.

Guest emergency captain

It would be possible. I wouldn't mind it because they could just have an updater like the Winterberg Mod.

Guest ToaDster

How will the timing of fire spread work in the mod? In the LA mod I notice that a fire spreads way to quickly. It seems like the fire truck gets there and the whole block will block will already be up in flames. Also will there be mission in which the firefighter actually has to use his oxygen tank. I cant wait to see realism of the NY mod. :prop:

How will the timing of fire spread work in the mod? In the LA mod I notice that a fire spreads way to quickly. It seems like the fire truck gets there and the whole block will block will already be up in flames. Also will there be mission in which the firefighter actually has to use his oxygen tank. I cant wait to see realism of the NY mod. :prop:

First, there are no missions in this mod. Second, the SCBA mask in game give the FFs another level of protection, rather than their real function of providing oxygen, and I don't know if you could change that.

Guest ToaDster

First, there are no missions in this mod. Second, the SCBA mask in game give the FFs another level of protection, rather than their real function of providing oxygen, and I don't know if you could change that.

Thanks for clearing that up

Speaking of SCBA Gear, will we actually be forced to use this? Thats one thing I feel the LA Mod(maybe the original game, i cant recall) lacks in freeplay there is no event where you are actually forced to use the SCBA, and even in the missions there are few incidents where your forced to use the SCBA.

Also will there be mission in which the firefighter actually has to use his oxygen tank. :prop:

Firefighters do not wear oxogyn bottles. that would just increase the intensity of the fire in case of a leak. If you are talking about SCBA bottles it is just compressed air. It may save your life but it is still heavy as heck. :onceldoc:

Guest emergency captain

Will the mod have bolt cutters? For example, a burning object is behind a fence at a construction site, the gate is locked, then boltcutters come in!

Guest ToaDster

Will the mod have bolt cutters? For example, a burning object is behind a fence at a construction site, the gate is locked, then boltcutters come in!

Probly not, but that would be sweet.