FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Will the mod feature the extension ladders as equipment? Maybe they could make a button to lower the ladder off of the thingy. Thought it would be a cool idea. Also, fdny has new nozzle things. They are used to squirt onto building windows. They have new blankets that are huge. Those are meant to cover flame coming out of windows, I guess they hook on window sills! And... The fdny firefighters all have repelin gear on them now! If thereis going to be an explosion, they can hook it to a window and jump out of it. The rope comes out and holds them. Will the mod feature any of that stuff?

Can you either explain the new nozzel or blanket things better or find pictures of them, cause I don't understand what you're taking about. The repealing harness has nothing to do with bailouts, it's used for FAST (RIT) operations, for bailouts, they just throw a rope out the window and go down. It'd be a huge and probably fatal waste of time to hook into a repealing system during an explosion for bailouts.

Guest ToaDster

Toadster, if they didn't want opinions or input they wouldn't have a topic. Stop playing police. It's not your job.

I'm not trying to play police. I just want the mod to come out already.

Guest Francis

I'm not trying to play police. I just want the mod to come out already.

This is not going to make it come out faster anyways. Don't discuss a moderator's statement or order, because it just makes us post again to tell you not to do so.

Can you either explain the new nozzel or blanket things better or find pictures of them, cause I don't understand what you're taking about. The repealing harness has nothing to do with bailouts, it's used for FAST (RIT) operations, for bailouts, they just throw a rope out the window and go down. It'd be a huge and probably fatal waste of time to hook into a repealing system during an explosion for bailouts.

From what he is describing he is talking about a squirt company. That is a truck that instead of a ladder has a boom with a nozzle on the end that can be poked through windows, roofs, walls, etc, and attack the fire without risking firefighters life doing an interior attack. Though I have never heard of FDNY having them. The window blanket however I have never heard of.

To the harness, I believe that (RIT) is what he was taling about. That is what my department is switching to, we would carry a bag of 25-30 feet of rope already hooked up to the harness so that all you have to do is clip a hook to something and bailout the window.

Oh also,

will the mod contain ladders? Not the ladder on the ladder trucks, just a ladder that a firefighter can grab put of the back or side if the truck/engine and place it against the wall to get into buildings.

Just a thought that came to me. I've always wanted a mid with ladders.

Guest ToaDster

The EQ2B sounds a lot different (almost muffled) compared to the mechanical Q. The Q is a lot louder and has a better tone to it. Besides, it's just not a fire truck if it doesn't have a real Q. :P

So which rigs in NYC use electronic Qs?

Guest scon86

just as a side note, some of the companies buy the original q siren with the house money. every month the guys in the company put money into a bank account for shirts or other stuff. they sometimes use that money to buy the air siren.

Guest emergency captain

I heard earlier in the topic because the mechanicals echo off the high rises and it was a problem. The electrics how ever don't.

They echo off the high rises, however, there are some old companies that still have them. I think they are mostly on Staten Island, though.

OMG! O didn't see that you answered that becuse I'm using the Internet on my itouch! I guess I didn't see the post.