Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

I just found a bug, or error of some sort. About an hour into playing the game, the Stoplights at the intersection of the movie theater and behind strip mall just stayed red in every direction. I know some of the lights take a long time to change, but for a solid 20 minutes nothing happened and traffic backed up so bad I had to quit the game. I never had this in 1.8 or 1.9. I will re-start the game and see if it happens again.

Did you stop traffic or re-direct traffic anywhere? I know back in 1.9 I was stopping traffic coming in from the tunnel on the East Side of the map. Blocking that single lane of traffic stopped the traffic lights from working... I have no idea why... But once I let the traffic from the tunnel enter the map, the lights were fully functional again...

Hi there,

First of all: THANKS for a new version of the L.A. Mod - it just keeps getting better and better :)

One problem I've had for several versions of the mod (1.8-2.0) is that traffic stops responding after a while.

Like when you re-direct traffic for an incident, most vehicles will turn and drive the other way, but after a while a vehicle will just stop in front of the re-direct, causing a jam. Trying to move down the line to re-direct won't always help. Sometimes the only cure for this is to shoot the first car on fire and transport it away. For me this slows gameplay + flow and is just plain annoying. Anyone knows what causes this and what can be done to fix it?

Merry X-mas and a happy new year!

Hmm... I've noticed this happening as well. Mainly on the main arterial roads/ avenues. Are you sure some of these vehicles haven't been re-directed before? I know that if I re-direct a vehicle once, It will not respond to any re-direct commands (from an officer or vehicle arrow bar). I believe the re-direct can only work once.

um for some reason i get a k-9 vehicle, but only the handler no option for k-9 and im just lost..

Did you let the officer go to the left side of the vehicle and take the canine unit out of the car? If you immediately tell the officer to move right after he gets out of his car, he will not go and get his canine, which might be the cause of your problem.

I don't think the traffic light problem is anything to do with the LA Mod map. I was playing the LA Mod on the original deluxe map and had the same problem. The traffic lights stayed red. On the other side of the road there was a vehicle fire so the traffic was stopped and the traffic lights that were red didn't change until I had moved the car from the other side of the road.

I don't think the traffic light problem is anything to do with the LA Mod map.

I do, because no one ever had a problem with them until 1.9. Untill 1.9 that same intersection(the one your referring to is towards the middle right side of the map right, south of the bridge?), worked fine. Until 1.9 no one ever had problems with traffic not redirecting. I know Hoppah may not have changes these scripts, but that doesnt mean something else isnt conflicting with the system. Im not sure what that is but none the less it seems most likley something is causing a bug.

Bug issue:

When i have an officer check a person and they cover them with the tarp/blanket/ whatever u wanna call it. my medics still try to revive the person... i dont know if this is sappose to be like that or?

Thanks and have a safe and happy christmas

I don't think it's possible to stop them.. So its not meant, just not stoppable..

One thing I noticed.. On the deluze missing person, when you check a body to see if they are dead, and the get covered, the FBI agent won't check the body now...

I think someone else reported the same problem with the LAPD negotiator. I haven't had that event yet so I'll see if it is the same for me when I get that event. There isn't any way around it either.

I just found a bug, or error of some sort. About an hour into playing the game, the Stoplights at the intersection of the movie theater and behind strip mall just stayed red in every direction. I know some of the lights take a long time to change, but for a solid 20 minutes nothing happened and traffic backed up so bad I had to quit the game. I never had this in 1.8 or 1.9. I will re-start the game and see if it happens again.

I discovered this as well and I watched for about 15 minutes and yes traffic was backing up big time.Then I'm not sure what I did but things cleared up on their own - but was annoying whilst it was going on. 15 mintues seems awfully long; I kept waiting and watching all other signals at that intersection. all red

i'll see if it happens again.

I think Hoppah said that this happened so it's supposed to do that. I can't remeber why he said it did that though.

EDIT:

Because the tarp only replaces the model of the body and does not edit the properties of the body. It's normal (for the game) that FF/PM's keep trying to revive uncovered dead bodies.

so how come i cant get my dog?!?!

I've encountered this bug too. I just get the handler back into the car and empty the car again, then he gets the dog out.

Another thing I noticed is sometimes I hear sheep in the area when the dog is out and he seems to wander a bit like he's herding.

In multiplayer, the rappel(i dont know the exact name) of the army helicopter doesn't work. If you drop soldiers out of the helicopter when it still flies the soldiers aren't visible for the player who are the soldiers from. So the other players can see the soldiers.

On the oilrig mission, droped divers will walk on the water.

Also 2 or more dogs out, will conflict with eachother so make sure one handler and his dog are out of the range of the other handler and his dog.

On the oilrig mission, droped divers will walk on the water.

Also 2 or more dogs out, will conflict with eachother so make sure one handler and his dog are out of the range of the other handler and his dog.

Yeah. I noticed this as well, but this was a bit different for me. When I had both handlers and both canines out. Only one canine was responding to BOTH of the officers commands... The other canine just stood there... The commands to the other canine were obeyed when I put the other back into the vehicle.

I've encountered this bug too. I just get the handler back into the car and empty the car again, then he gets the dog out.

Another thing I noticed is sometimes I hear sheep in the area when the dog is out and he seems to wander a bit like he's herding.

I had that one time to with a riot, the dog was lost everytime. Even calling him by the handler didn't work because he comes a bit closer and then runs off somewhere else.

I get the bug in multiplayer: when the police car (with 2 officer inside) chase the thief,when 2 police get out car and I can't see him anymore, 2 officer missing with thief, sometime the thief in car but the officer still missing.

There are some problems with vehicle wrecks.. my game crashes at some points when i remove wrecks, or when they become wrecked ( car accident, or explosion ) .. the game drops to desktop. hmm

Logfile end.

|Model contains 1721 vertices, 926 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

Prototype mod:Prototypes/Objects/Wrecks/heliwreck01.e4p precached

|Loading Model mod:Models\Objects\Wrecks\truckwreck03.v3o

|[VNUM=1.43]

|Model contains 1721 vertices, 914 polygons, 0 bones, 0 muscleanimframes

Prototype mod:Prototypes/Objects/Wrecks/truckwreck03.e4p precached

Loading gamma ramp...

--- load time profile begin ---

--- load time profile end ---

Destroy Network...

Deleting units...

Destroy XGUI...

Destroy Audio...

Destroy GameFramework...

Destroy GFX...

Destroy Vision...

|VisMain_cl::DeInit

|DeInitializing Object Data...

|DeInitializing World Data...

|DeInitializing Surface and Texture Data...

|Dump resources...

|...no resource leaks.

|Deallocated fast Geometry Buffer.

Destroy Input...

Destroy Scriptscheduler...

Destroy Timer...

Destroy Screen...

Destroy UpdateChain...

Destroy Console...

Destroy Filesystem...

Guest ModMaker2009

Hi,

Been checking out the new version of LA Mod and noticed a few problems/bugs,

1) The police dog goes kinda slow..

2) How do you stop the police dog attacking the criminal once hes caught him so the officer can arrest him rather than the dog injure him then we need to call EMS and waste resources

3) The new officers comand to "Check Victim" doesn't seem to work.. When can we use it? Because when the dog has injured the criminal i tried to click "Check Victim" and nothing was highlighted..

will edit this post if i come across any other problems.

Thanks