Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Ok it wont install again idk if this will help but before the installer pops it says: set up could not find a valid installation of Emergency 4 or 911:FirstResponders and is unable to find a location to install the mod!

press ok to continue setup

This dosent make any sense since i installed winterberg winter 2009 mod testerday??

im using 9800 graphic card, on vista 32. my game goes very fine last time. with graphic & details high and shadows on. so now my problem is, whenever i click on a unit, everything goes slow, but whenever im not clicking a unit, everything goes fine again. any idea what happened to my comp? i dont have this problem previously..

I actually noticed that as well; I thought it might have been considered normal but it was quite noticeable. I'm using Nvidia 9400 GT.

I actually noticed that as well; I thought it might have been considered normal but it was quite noticeable. I'm using Nvidia 9400 GT.

Recently there has been a boatload of people reporting the same problem. I was one of the first ones to report it back with version 1.8. So far there has been no fix. For some people it has been worse, resulting in an unplayable game when a unit is selected.

I was able to check the victim without problems. The same command automatically covers the body 'with tarp'. The suspect appears on the minimap. :)

I can check them with an FBI w/ Tactical Vest but not the Negotiator. Well if i check with FBI then I can check with Negotiator.

Also, the send people away for the K-9 is tricky as you have to be perfectly facing the person you want to send away.

Not really a bug per say, but imo a nuisance, the dog doesnt follow the K9 officer. I think itd be better to follow the officer then release the dog then sending the officer and having to call the dog to catch up.

my campaign mission list only goes to mission 23, I do have all the LA missons but i'm missing some original missions

and as said before once you've completed a mission you can only press repeat

Me too, I have only 23 misson, missing some final mission. So, if you can,please release new patch.

Hi (sorry for my bad English)

-K9 doesn't work with multiplayer, I can't command the dog.

-If I let jump a diver (in multiplayer) into the water, he is invisible.

in multiplayer is a lot of bugs.

me three.. :laugh: my mission list ends with 23.. i've all the LA Mod's mission..

yes! me too!

I have a temporary fix (or should I call it a workaround) for the missing missions bug. Each time one or more missions disappear from the list, just copy the campaignprogress.xml to the mod. For some reason the game alters this file after finishing a certain mission (possibly when it tries to add your score) and it's definately related to the greyed out buttons too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to install:

1. Download and extract the attachment file.

2. Copy campaignprogress.xml to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Save\"

3. Overwrite the old file.

4. Start the game, load the mod and all missions should be be back in the list.

Just copy and replace this file everytime one or more missions disappear. Make sure to exit the game before doing this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the greyed out buttons after finishing a mission, press Restart, wait until the mission is reloaded and then go back the menu.

For now, this is the only thing I can do. :(

At least you will be able to play all of the missions this way. :)

Hoppah

The k9 unit works quite good but the dog often walk away from the dogleader. Makes it difficult to give him commands because he gets far. Isn´t there a possibility to line the dog with the leader?

furthermore the mod works smooth on my very old computer so good job hoppah.

OK, that's fine Hoppah, I will download it and play, but, I think you should have new patch included "campaginprocess.zip" for people can play online and single play. But thanks anyways.

Hi there,

First of all: THANKS for a new version of the L.A. Mod - it just keeps getting better and better :)

One problem I've had for several versions of the mod (1.8-2.0) is that traffic stops responding after a while.

Like when you re-direct traffic for an incident, most vehicles will turn and drive the other way, but after a while a vehicle will just stop in front of the re-direct, causing a jam. Trying to move down the line to re-direct won't always help. Sometimes the only cure for this is to shoot the first car on fire and transport it away. For me this slows gameplay + flow and is just plain annoying. Anyone knows what causes this and what can be done to fix it?

Merry X-mas and a happy new year!

Click Browse and find the installation of the game yourself.

I have had the same problem with the Error that it cannot find Emergency 4, and there is no browse button just ok. So when i click ok it carrys on with the setup all fine. It asks me if i want a shortcut on the desktop i click yes. Once it's Done there is no shortcut on my desktop nor any where else. But i have the mod files in my Mod folder ?

Ok it wont install again idk if this will help but before the installer pops it says: set up could not find a valid installation of Emergency 4 or 911:FirstResponders and is unable to find a location to install the mod!

press ok to continue setup

This dosent make any sense since i installed winterberg winter 2009 mod testerday??

That happens if the installer cannot find the registry keys of Emergency 4 or 911:FR. When you install the game these registry keys get installed too...

Anyway, you can still click OK and then browse for the game directory yourself and install the mod.

I have had the same problem with the Error that it cannot find Emergency 4, and there is no browse button just ok. So when i click ok it carrys on with the setup all fine. It asks me if i want a shortcut on the desktop i click yes. Once it's Done there is no shortcut on my desktop nor any where else. But i have the mod files in my Mod folder ?

It's hard to believe that you don't have a browse button, so my question is to provide a screenshot.

Hoppah

If you press OK you should still be able to install the mod.

Yes i press okay and it installs the mod and everything except i do not get a desktop shortcut yet the files are in my Em4 mod folder ?

Oh i forgot there is a browse and i choose the location it installs but the exception is i do not get a desktop shortcut and i'm unsure on how to play the mod ?

Yes i press okay and it installs the mod and everything except i do not get a desktop shortcut yet the files are in my Em4 mod folder ?

Oh i forgot there is a browse and i choose the location it installs but the exception is i do not get a desktop shortcut and i'm unsure on how to play the mod ?

The desktop shortcut is not necessary, otherwise it wouldn't be an OPTION to install one. You should still be able to load the mod from the Modifications menu?

Sorry if i'm being a nuisance.

I checked the modifications and theres a Green Spanner with 'Mods' and it says author unknown.

When i double click this, it goes black for about 10 seconds and comes back to the Em4 menu, When i go to click the campaign it's just the same missions as before (the default Em4 ones!)

I just found a bug, or error of some sort. About an hour into playing the game, the Stoplights at the intersection of the movie theater and behind strip mall just stayed red in every direction. I know some of the lights take a long time to change, but for a solid 20 minutes nothing happened and traffic backed up so bad I had to quit the game. I never had this in 1.8 or 1.9. I will re-start the game and see if it happens again.

post-4969-1261602368.jpg