Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

so my problems with crashing the system keeps going on

first my specs

iMac i7 quadcore 2,8 GHz , 16GB Ram , ATi 4850 ......... win7 x64 in a bootcamp environment , all current drivers

I have enclosed the dxdiag and the dxdiag 64 as well as the logfile

- Modern Warfare 2 runs without any problems for hours

- Wolfenstein runs for hours without any trouble

- 911 FR 1.03F US runs in freeplay without any trouble

now I have installed the LA Mod 2.0 plus the two patches and when I am within the vehicle purchase screen ( command or control panel I assume ) the game freezes !

when I quickly ctrl/alt/del out of this than I can see some error message that my ATi Card stopped responding and has recovered from this error but I have to take the game offline with the task manager .

I can call vehicles onto the map via police officer or the battalion chief but as soon as I call a tow truck for example the game locks up .... sometimes it does not happen but 8 out of 10 times it will happen .... this is really frustrating and annoying cause I don't get it .... the normal version does not have the problems and all other games neither so why does this one keeps giving me so much trouble ?

I have a computer BUILT for games, but I still had to put the graphics on low to get the game to run smoothly. ;)

Sorry to bust your bubble, but no you dont. You have a low end AMD Cpu. Its a dual core cpu and AMD just pushed out a 6 Core cpu not long ago and Intel has a 6 core/12 thread cpu out. From the looks of it you have an oboard gpu(its built in to the mobo). These are crap, and so are nvidia chipsets. A driver update might help you out:

Driver Date/Size: 7/6/2007 21:15:00, 4788224 bytes

Your running nearly 3 year old drivers. This might get you some better performance but your best bet would be picking up one of these cards if you have a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot available. You may not have a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot on your mobo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161319

These are probably the best gpu you could upgrade to and you should notice a huge difference.

I personally run EM4 on high settings with barley any lag, and the only time I notice lag is if I have ALOT of units in one area which is rare.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but no you dont. You have a low end AMD Cpu. Its a dual core cpu and AMD just pushed out a 6 Core cpu not long ago and Intel has a 6 core/12 thread cpu out. From the looks of it you have an oboard gpu(its built in to the mobo). These are crap, and so are nvidia chipsets. A driver update might help you out:

Driver Date/Size: 7/6/2007 21:15:00, 4788224 bytes

Your running nearly 3 year old drivers. This might get you some better performance but your best bet would be picking up one of these cards if you have a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot available. You may not have a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot on your mobo.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102874

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814161319

These are probably the best gpu you could upgrade to and you should notice a huge difference.

I personally run EM4 on high settings with barley any lag, and the only time I notice lag is if I have ALOT of units in one area which is rare.

Those GPUs would be bottlenecked so bad by the CPU.

now I have installed the LA Mod 2.0 plus the two patches and when I am within the vehicle purchase screen ( command or control panel I assume ) the game freezes !

The game shows a 3D preview of vehicles in the purchase menu. The freeze might be related to that, so I suggest you should take a look at your videocard drivers. If that doesn't work, see if it also crashes without a mod. Just to rule out the Los Angeles Mod.

You don't need a high-end computer to run this game. The game just isn't optimalized perfectly, so even on the best computer it can cause problems and tons of them have been reported on the forums. Only a handful of them are related to the Los Angeles Mod. Anyway, while a lot of newer games might run great on your computer, the forest fire mission in the LA Mod still has a habit to cause some lag for example.

The game shows a 3D preview of vehicles in the purchase menu. The freeze might be related to that, so I suggest you should take a look at your videocard drivers. If that doesn't work, see if it also crashes without a mod. Just to rule out the Los Angeles Mod.

You don't need a high-end computer to run this game. The game just isn't optimalized perfectly, so even on the best computer it can cause problems and tons of them have been reported on the forums. Only a handful of them are related to the Los Angeles Mod. Anyway, while a lot of newer games might run great on your computer, the forest fire mission in the LA Mod still has a habit to cause some lag for example.

hey hoppah,

after reading for hours through different sites this seems to be a problem neither related to your mod nor any other alterations......the problem seems to be rather in the programming of the ATi drivers in conjunction with Win7 & Bootcamp .....

Win7 seem to call the shots by assuming a different hardware than the actual installed one .... so this I will try to figure out .....

Currently I did a trial and error driver install in order to rule things out ..... odd enough the driver in my dxdiag seems more troublesome than the version before , because after I did a rollback to the previous version the problem seems to be gone ( but for now I would not hold my breath ) but the 3D preview trouble seems to be solved but still far away from being stable ......

what still puzzles me is the fact that the unmodified version did not crash ( therefore I assume that the out of the box version is less detailed and less demainding because of fewer vehivles and less graphical details .. ... only a wild guess )

so next step will be trying entirely different drivers ........

I will keep you posted

I dont think you can. Never use Coat Guard so I cant remember for sure.

Hoppah, I know this is supposed to be LA Mod bugs only, but your the only one who seems capable of fixing 2 things to make my submod bug free.

1) How can I keep the tiller from catching fire? My tiller keeps blowing up. This might be a PRL thing, but i have compared the prototypes in every way possible and as far as I can tell they match up 100%

2)My SWR Truck and Large Rescue Ambulance(LRA) are spawning the vehicles fine, spawning staff fine, and function fine. However, they refuse to park in there assigned parking spot. The part of the script for these look exactly the same as the BC aside from the OBJ and VO references. The unit stop just outside its assigned parking vo and then stops. The staff doesnt exit, and the vehicle wont budge unless you move it manually.

If you could look at these 2 things when you have time, I would greatly appreciate it and I know about 300 other people who downloaded the submod would appreciate it to.

Thank you for your time ,Hoppah. Please keep up the great work.

This may not be a bug per say, but why is the LAX Stair truck in the mod as I dont think I have found it in any missions, and if i did miss it, which missions is it on? I placed it side by side with all the major airplanes in the game and it seem the platform sits about twice as high as the door. The models there, why not trim it down to size where it serves some use?

This may not be a bug per say, but why is the LAX Stair truck in the mod as I dont think I have found it in any missions, and if i did miss it, which missions is it on? I placed it side by side with all the major airplanes in the game and it seem the platform sits about twice as high as the door. The models there, why not trim it down to size where it serves some use?

The color is slightly off as well. It's too yellow.

Hey I've got a bit of an issue.... I installed 911:First Responders, V2.0, and then the patch 2.02, but the game crashes to desktop after I try to launch Freeplay. I mean Freeplay loads, and then once it gets to the end of the taskbar and it goes to launch, it crashes to desktop. Any ideas?

I don't have an answer right away but you should attach your " logfile " and your " dxdiag " so we can have a look at it in order to rule certain problems out