Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Why not trim the video down to just the bug, and I dont see how thats an LA Mod bug if your using the base game, not the mod :P

the thing i said in the video you see the mission. the bug/annoyment is simple: Somebody is dead->you send medic to allow to transport the victim into ambulance/MCU->person get covered by the white cloth->you can't move the victim cause you can't ask for coroners.

in the hostage at airport mission dead covered people will disappear but in mission 10 (explosion at pole station) they don't and the mission can't be finished anymore.

the thing i said in the video you see the mission.

I dont think we need a whole video to see what mission your referring to, but when you post a video of the original game it doesnt exactly explain that your using the LA Mod. If you were using the original game i was going to say you must have added a script to the original game by mistake.

You can play the mod just fine with out that script. Nor do you have to modify any files. Just copy and paste the files you download from that post, in to the proper folder.

For the record though, this is not LA Mod related. This has to do with UAC(User Account Control).If you like, you can google how to disable it.

Well i have found this very very helpful but now the game crashes 2 minutes after I load the La Mod freeplay and now i can't play La mod' guess i'm back to square 1 :machkaputt::8: . My compliments to Hoppah for making such a nice mod that i only got to play 2 minutes of. :8:

Well i have found this very very helpful but now the game crashes 2 minutes after I load the La Mod freeplay and now i can't play La mod' guess i'm back to square 1 :machkaputt::8: . My compliments to Hoppah for making such a nice mod that i only got to play 2 minutes of. :8:

Why are you pissed at Hoppah when you screwed something up? Delete the mod and reinstall it, then apply patch 2, that simple. This time do not touch the script if you have no idea what your doing.

Why are you pissed at Hoppah when you screwed something up? Delete the mod and reinstall it, then apply patch 2, that simple. This time do not touch the script if you have no idea what your doing.

I deeply apologize :sorrysign: to Hoppah and anyone else that is on this fan forum. I am not mad at him it is just my computer that i am mad at :machkaputt: . I have just recently found out that my computer has incompatabitity problems with La mod. :excl: I would also like to state that My computer cannot either upload or download any of the modifications on just this fan forum sight. Again i deeply apologize To all fan forum members especialy hoppah and Xplorer4x4.

I found a little bug that tends to appear after I have been playing the LA mod for more than an hour and a half or so. It involves the engines in FS1. They seem to not want to park in a straight line when they are in the rear spot in the FS. Then, when the engine in front of them leaves and then returns, it creates a jumbled mess that prevents all four engines from leaving the FS. I have attached two screen shots of this happening in two separate freeplay games. Any ideas what causes this or how it can be fixed?

post-14081-069183600 1283497229.jpg

post-14081-048483500 1283497273.jpg

hmmm got a little problem with the la mod mission ive reinstalled so many times that i got fed up :1046276128_motz: so heres my problem: mission 1-3 the games closes and send me bact to desk top the others missions work fine. got patch 2.0.2 and additionnal submod.

did i missed a step or is it a bug :gruebel:

edit: says now that its a scipt error i have to choose to retry, ignore it or cancel

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by cptchilphil

Forgive me if I'm reporting a bug that has already been reported, but there's 39 pages here.....

I just played my first multiplayer game tonight and it was most frusterating!!! The pedestrians line up, pile up, group up in so many places that vehicles cannot get around or even move once stopped. This doesn't happen in single player, they move out of the way! Why don't they move in multiplayer? Why does one single pedestrian prevent a vehicle from moving forwards or backwards to get around? We spent more time figuring out how to control this problem than we did playing the game. I love this game, and ESPECIALLY this mod, so I'm wondering, am I just a noob and this is the way of multiplayer, or is this a bug?

Guest MayhemFreak

Hello, I've tried searching through pages and pages but i believe i'm the first to encounter this error.

I have LA Mod with FR:EM4, and i can't update it with the 1.3 patch because it says its already updated, anyways my officers, medics, and every other person in the game won't do actions. for example i can't attach a firehose to a hyrdrant, i can't have a engineer turn off a power supply, I can arrest some one, but i can't release arrest, only walk with them not even put them in a car or shoot at them! Please help?

Hello, I've tried searching through pages and pages but i believe i'm the first to encounter this error.

I have LA Mod with FR:EM4, and i can't update it with the 1.3 patch because it says its already updated, anyways my officers, medics, and every other person in the game won't do actions. for example i can't attach a firehose to a hyrdrant, i can't have a engineer turn off a power supply, I can arrest some one, but i can't release arrest, only walk with them not even put them in a car or shoot at them! Please help?

It sounds like some of the commands are missing. Try reinstalling the mod.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but I did post something like this one on the alterations page and got no help at all. Sometimes when I load LA Mod and there is a fire is FS2's area and it requires both of the BLS Engines from station 1 I will dispatch them through the battalion chief and it will staff both engines. They will be driving to the scene and then suddenly at the intersection near the hotel, with the park in the back of it, one will just randomly decide to turn around and block the other engine behind it. Then the other engine behind it goes around and the engine that randomly turned around drives all they way up the one the maim street up to the top of the map and truns around and does it all over again. And another problem I have, the units drive off the map completely. I like to dispatch everything throught the battalion chief no matter what the call is and sometimes I will dispatch a unit from station 1 or 2, it doesnt matter what the unit is and it will get staffed and start driving toward the call and then it will just drive off the map and not return at all. It gets really frustrating when they do that when there a call that requires alot of units. I usually wind up quitting the game. Is there any way to fix any of these issues at all?

I have A Very UNUSUAL BUG XD The Traffic Lights Never TURN GREEN :loldev:

I read in another topic that if all your lights are red, there may be a traffic jam somewhere and you will have to go take care of it by shooting the car and towing it away. Might want to look into that and see if that may be the problem.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but I did post something like this one on the alterations page and got no help at all. Sometimes when I load LA Mod and there is a fire is FS2's area and it requires both of the BLS Engines from station 1 I will dispatch them through the battalion chief and it will staff both engines. They will be driving to the scene and then suddenly at the intersection near the hotel, with the park in the back of it, one will just randomly decide to turn around and block the other engine behind it. Then the other engine behind it goes around and the engine that randomly turned around drives all they way up the one the maim street up to the top of the map and truns around and does it all over again. And another problem I have, the units drive off the map completely. I like to dispatch everything throught the battalion chief no matter what the call is and sometimes I will dispatch a unit from station 1 or 2, it doesnt matter what the unit is and it will get staffed and start driving toward the call and then it will just drive off the map and not return at all. It gets really frustrating when they do that when there a call that requires alot of units. I usually wind up quitting the game. Is there any way to fix any of these issues at all?

I have been having a similar problem too such as I tried calling the Tow Truck onto map and it never showed. When one doesn't show, none of them will. I sent a unit to the police station, instead, it went off the map and didn't show back up until a hour or hour and a half later in a random place. No idea what the problem is.

Pathing issues with the emergency vehicles at that intersection by the hotel is a major problem because I can't respond any units from FS1 to that area without them pathing everywhere but where I want it to go. I have to manually click every 20 ft for it to drive so it will make it to the call without going off track. I was looking at the paths on the map in the editor and I just been wondering if it was possibly too many path at that one intersection. Something worth looking into because these issues are really starting to bug me.

Guest Tigern86

sorry if someone already has benn asking this but! I just cant get the mod too work, i have installed the 2.0 version with the .exe file but i just cant it to work. it installs perfectly but when i start 911 its the original units. anyone knows what the problem is?

update: oh crap, im blind i missed the "modification"button ingame :P tho i have a new problem,the map is loading(freeplay) tho when its about to start is crasches. any idea how to fix that?

Guest Waddupvalleystream

I'm having the same problem...I go to the Mod section in-game and press the LA mod and it does not work it just crashes when I try to do free play and if I play missions its the original gameplay (vehicles,mission etc.) can anyone try to give me a solution anything is greatly appriceated