Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Error in new map LA MOD 2.0 Look at photo.

Try reading the bug list thread on here. None of what you posted is new, other people have brought this up many times and there are some fixes for some of it.

-d

Edited by pyrothijs
added quote because of merging topics

One thing I've noticed, the new map seems to go up in flames like it's made of paper napkins drenched in lighter fluid. Is there any way to slow how fast things go up?

I didn't change the ignition/heat settings of the objects, but removing some bushes from the map might help.

Guest dkmaisto

I've been experiencing a couple of problems with the K9 unit, the dog sometimes wanders off, leaving a useless dog unit.

It happens whenever I leave the handler alone for some time, I experienced it the first time at a illegal demonstration call.

It happens on both computers that I use.

I've been experiencing a couple of problems with the K9 unit, the dog sometimes wanders off, leaving a useless dog unit.

It happens whenever I leave the handler alone for some time, I experienced it the first time at a illegal demonstration call.

It happens on both computers that I use.

The handler has a command that enables him to call the dog back.

The handler has a command that enables him to call the dog back.

Yeah, that command is about as useless as the dog (no offense Hoppah) for right now. The dogs takes off and when you use the "call back" button, the dog turns around, trots 5 feet, gets distracted by a squirrel and says " 1046276347_thefinger.gif handler" and runs off again

Guest twinkie8235

I put the new patch on but i am not sure if it's working right. I am still able to unhook the cab of the tiller and that command is still on the top row. Also it still says v2.0 i thought with the patch it should change the name.

I put the new patch on but i am not sure if it's working right. I am still able to unhook the cab of the tiller and that command is still on the top row. Also it still says v2.0 i thought with the patch it should change the name.

The patch doens't change the place of the command button in the command list nor does it change the name of the mod. It just removes the unhook command as a priority, meaning that if you click the trailer, the unhook command will not be selected by default anymore. When it was the priority command, many people accidently unhooked the trailer while they thought the priority command would be that the fire fighters exited the vehicle.

Guest wanders

mostly a cosmetic thing but i noticed the red windscreen mounted light on both the unmarked and slicktop cars don't flash...

also, at the traffic lights outside the police station, cars seem to turn left from the right lane which often means that road gets jammed.

mostly a cosmetic thing but i noticed the red windscreen mounted light on both the unmarked and slicktop cars don't flash...

That is by design. In California, there is a law that requires law enforcement vehicles to have a steady "burning", front facing, red light.

-d

Lol I just wish there weren't as many cars in the damn Walmart parking lot; fires (especially gas explosions) are WAAY too dangerous there.

The same can be said for the gas explosion at the petrol garage.

I find that the bushes to the left hand side of the garage across the road are on fire before I have to chance to get there.

Then before I know it it's spread through the building to the other bushes and trees and makes its way to the other gas explosion area by the sports car.

It's not perfect (and sice I have no modding skills) I generally get 5 or so tow trucks, and remove every other vehicle that are in the parking bays closest to the buildings.

It means that by using rapid deployment you can focus your 4 firefighters on the building and then get the unit itself to aim at the car.

Since Hoppah editied the length of time it takes for the car to burn it's slow enough for the truck to keep it under control while your 4 men (or women :P) take care of the actual building, before you focus all of them on eliminating the danger of exploding vehicles

Guest Glenn21

I have installed this game and as I know its in german so I installed this mod and the map seems to be missing when I try to play the missions or free play the game starts to load and then shuts down. is there any way to make my game to english so I can play it untill I can get some help to get this mod fixed.

I have installed this game and as I know its in german so I installed this mod and the map seems to be missing when I try to play the missions or free play the game starts to load and then shuts down. is there any way to make my game to english so I can play it untill I can get some help to get this mod fixed.

When you originally installed the game, did you install the 1.3Patch for the game?

When did you buy the game?