Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

do you have or had ShaneGreens mod?

I did, but I completely uninstalled the mod and then reinstalled the mod when I took it out. That does kinda make sense that that's where it came from.

@ Hoppah: After some research I found somthing that might be useful to the mod. As far as I can see, The LAFD does swift water rescue, and the LAPD does dive operations. I mention this because in the mod, there are divers for the water rescue missions. My thought would be either just reskin the diver to be a person wearing a swift water rescue suit,

2224619056_7066cf712d.jpg

or you could make the diver a police unit (if that's possible) and then reskin the LAPD swat heavy rescue to the LAPD dive rescue unit.

3728072699_abf2a5bd23.jpg

I'm just putting these ideas out there, because they'd be two easy ways to make the mod more realistic. Sorry if this pisses you off.

^keep in mind that the LAPD Underwater Dive Unit wouldnt bring anything new to the mod, just a reskin of a vehicle, and even then with in the current scope of the LA Mod theres no event that would trully warrant this unit as such operations would technically be handled by LAFD,LACoFD, or LA Lifeguards, or LACo Lifeguards depending on the area.

I did, but I completely uninstalled the mod and then reinstalled the mod when I took it out. That does kinda make sense that that's where it came from.

@ Hoppah: After some research I found somthing that might be useful to the mod. As far as I can see, The LAFD does swift water rescue, and the LAPD does dive operations. I mention this because in the mod, there are divers for the water rescue missions. My thought would be either just reskin the diver to be a person wearing a swift water rescue suit,

or you could make the diver a police unit (if that's possible) and then reskin the LAPD swat heavy rescue to the LAPD dive rescue unit.

I'm just putting these ideas out there, because they'd be two easy ways to make the mod more realistic. Sorry if this pisses you off.

I've always thought it would be cool if there was some way there could be a swift water rescue guy. He could run on land and swim, but he couldn't dive. LAFD has divers on their fireboats, not based in stations.

^keep in mind that the LAPD Underwater Dive Unit wouldnt bring anything new to the mod, just a reskin of a vehicle, and even then with in the current scope of the LA Mod theres no event that would trully warrant this unit as such operations would technically be handled by LAFD,LACoFD, or LA Lifeguards, or LACo Lifeguards depending on the area.

I said he should either resking the diver to be a swiftwater rescue personell, or reskin the swat heavy rescue as the dive truck. I know there'd be no added benifit to having a dive truck, I just put it there because there's a diver in the game. And you do need the diver for when you have to attach the hook for the crane to get the car out of the water. Now let Hoppah decide what he wants to do, it's his mod.

I said he should either resking the diver to be a swiftwater rescue personell, or reskin the swat heavy rescue as the dive truck. I know there'd be no added benifit to having a dive truck, I just put it there because there's a diver in the game. And you do need the diver for when you have to attach the hook for the crane to get the car out of the water. Now let Hoppah decide what he wants to do, it's his mod.

You dont seem to comprehend, let me explain it so you can understand. RESCUE operations are not typically handled ny LAPD Underwater Dive Unit/Divers. Never did I say the diver itself was useless, nor did I say weather Hoppah could add it or not did I? Because I dont see that. I could have sworn I simply tried to explain how the procedures operate in LA, so excuse me for bothering to enlighten you, to some extent, on how water rescues are carried out with in LA. I would enlighten you on the purpose of the LAPD Underwater Dive Unit and its members based on research I have done, but meh, I have wasted to much time already explaining this would be "another useless vehicle" at this point.

To close the discussion regarding LAPD divers:

*the LAPD underwater dive unit is NOT a rescue unit. Based out of metro divison, like swat, and horses, and other special details, their mission is two part. 1) Underwater evidence recovery. Say a gun tossed into a lake or pond or even a swimming pool. Or body recovery in those same areas. 2) they work in conjuction with the LA Port Police and do regular safety/anti-terrorism dives in the Port of Los Angeles. They consistently check the piers, and check for illegal dumping and such. (source: Mikesphotos)

So I can conclude the following: LAPD divers would NOT be useful in the mod because it's not possible to do underwater evidence recovery like drugs, weapons and bodies in the game. LAPD divers do not perform rescue operations. They exist, but would not add much to the game.

So I can conclude the following: LAPD divers would NOT be useful in the mod because it's not possible to do underwater evidence recovery like drugs, weapons and bodies in the game. LAPD divers do not perform rescue operations. They exist, but would not add much to the game.

Lies! :P You could make it possible! :P In all seriousness, they do search ship hulls for bombs and such to, but i suppose that could be included in the terrorist attacks and such.

Guest mrpolice1996
Is it at all possible to make a pedestrian struck incident?

If you have a stolen car event the car sometimes hits people but at the moment the mod doesn't have any stolen car events.

im sure they are in the LA River, you just have to look for them. awesome work Hoppah, looking good. cant wait for the release of the K-9.
Lies! :P You could make it possible! :P In all seriousness, they do search ship hulls for bombs and such to, but i suppose that could be included in the terrorist attacks and such.

No where in the article those it mention a Boat or ship traffic. NOW let do a search Evansville River. You know your home town. I do see mention of what would be Boat, ship or hull traffic in Evansville wikipidea article. (second google link)

So I see two options. You are either a idiot American teenage that never learn what the FACTS and statement of opinion on facts mean. Or you a IDIOT american that gives amercian the image of be idot by what we say and do. SINCE YOU NO NOTHING ABOUT THE USA expect you assume everything is like Evansville Indiana.

I say this because had you done one bit a research you now that the LA River is in NO WAY SHAPE AND FORM anything like the ohio river which evansville, IN sits next to. In which newburgh, Indian sits next to.

I took 5 minutes and two google search to know this.

Steps involde.

1. Open internet browser go to http://www.gooogle.com In search box type without quotes

"La River" which would given you this link. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sou...G=Google+Search

Click on the first url. Which gives you the web page I list early.

Where those it meniton Boat, ship or hull traffic in that article?

So please think and do research before you post and make american look like idiots.

An American Veteran and citizen who Server in the Air Force.

Edit 14 Nov 13:12 Evansville time to remove the use of dumb. As hoppah said that was wrong. Sorry Hoppah and modrates I only have 2 hours sleep since Nov 11, 2009. I should wait to post after I got some sleep and then cut and past the post later. That why I edit to remove that. Hoppah I think I was editing when you posted. Cause your post just said Text.. unless you did that. Also was missing one of the other import quote to this post

Next time I read the word 'dumb' in one of your posts you will get a few warnings. I understand the frustation, but you don't have to use words like that.

I understand full Hoppah, please know I was not trying to do any personal attacks. However I slept only 3 hours since wednesday. I am tried and not thinking 100%. Perhapes I should have wait to posted till I was not so tried. However I have been a member of these forums for a long time and I that post reflect my opnion of how some people act on this board. I quote two people as an exampled they are just 2 people. I am not going to fling personal attacks. I will not post again on this thread unless have some to add to mod nor will I express my view like this again. I will from this point on simple use the report funcition on any post that reflect that kind of behavior and comments instead of making a post.

Unless Stan or hoppah tell me otherwise.

Sorry for hijacking your thread hoppah. You will try very hard not to post like that again.

stan hoppah or any moderate that would like to talk to me about this matter please do so by pm. I will not post board till Monday at the earliest but I will read when i get a change.

<returns hijack thread>

Hoppah Outstanding job on 1.9 You alway make the mod better. I appreciate you hard work of you and everyone else involded in your mod. I only want you all to know that are people that love you work but do not post much because it cause probelms.

Feel free to delete this post and the other if you guy want.

what i said about the LA River was just a joke. if you look at the LA River, which i have seen first hand, its not a river. i am not a teenager and i was only a teenager for about 4 years as the Marines took the other few teenage years and made me a man. and you are now talking about Evansville River and that is not the LA River. please watch when you quote me.

So I see two options. You are either a idiot American teenage that never learn what the FACTS and statement of opinion on facts mean. Or you a IDIOT american that gives amercian the image of be idot by what we say and do.

And there has been no scientific indications that american youth nor people are any more less intelligent than any other western country resident, so I might fail to see your point here, other than the hormone-filled popular image that americans are stupid cause one of your buddies said so or something like that. They have Harvard, you don't.