Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Hoppah, for 2.0 can you make a small change to the command to call a light force so that the engine is always following the truck? I think all that would have to be done is to increase the timer for the departure of the engine so that it leaves the station a split second after the truck. In MikesPhotos' LAFD guide he says the the engine always follows the truck so that they can spot the truck in an optimal position. This change would make sense then.

Hoppah, is it possible for you to create a new thread, only you can post in, with all your announcements?

I visit here every now and then to look for updates but I find myself wading through tonnes of pages of people making suggestions (when they're not supposed to be) and then people telling others they shouldn't be making suggestions, then the people replying saying they think it's a good idea, and so on.

Looking forward to 2.0, thanks for all the hard work you do on LAMod.

Hoppah will the diver's model be changed, to look like a coast guard diver? Will this command also be added to the dolphin from the AUS? And will you be able to pck them up from the water? I love the changes you've made. Keep up the great work.

Hoppah said that the helicopter won't be able to pick the divers out of the water.

No, they can't pick them up from the water.

How did that happen?

aha old but my OS crashed :machkaputt: and then the big bad Geek Squad came and raped it some more. but i still have the whole, but mentally scarred, data :) (except the translations :1046276128_motz:)

btw Hoppah, the first pic of the K9, the bodybag pic, and the firehouse pic arent working for me. jst an fyi

To close the discussion regarding LAPD divers:

*the LAPD underwater dive unit is NOT a rescue unit. Based out of metro divison, like swat, and horses, and other special details, their mission is two part. 1) Underwater evidence recovery. Say a gun tossed into a lake or pond or even a swimming pool. Or body recovery in those same areas. 2) they work in conjuction with the LA Port Police and do regular safety/anti-terrorism dives in the Port of Los Angeles. They consistently check the piers, and check for illegal dumping and such. (source: Mikesphotos)

So I can conclude the following: LAPD divers would NOT be useful in the mod because it's not possible to do underwater evidence recovery like drugs, weapons and bodies in the game. LAPD divers do not perform rescue operations. They exist, but would not add much to the game.

After some more research, I have found that the LAPD underwater dive unit does indeed act as a rescue unit, both in situations with drowing victims and clearing submerged cars. A quote from the official LAPD UDU page.

The UDU responds to the following:

Emergency callouts (immediate need to save life).

Clear a submerged car.

Look for a possible drowning victim when SCUBA is needed (Investigative / Recovery).

Underwater crime scene investigations.

Hull searches

These are the exact emergencies we use the diver for ingame, so I feel that the LAPD divers would be more appropriate in the mod than the current LAFD divers, which don't exsist (as far as I know). I know you've said that you don't want to add more units to your mod because it already has too many units, so you can choose what you want to do with this unit. I just bring this up since I thought it could help increase the realism in the mod.

LAPD UDU page

At the end of the day, the current in-game divers serve their purpose.

And there have been plenty 'realism/remember this is just a game' conversations.

I would rather people let Hoppah make the additions and changes he sees fit, and if anyone would like to change units or vehicles etc to aid their realism factor, they learn how to do so themselves via the tutorials.

Personally, as long as the model/unit can:

A) enter water

B) Perform action in water and finally,

C) Exit the water to return to station/HQ

he could be listed as an amphibious mammal and rather than a wet suit, just be covered in scales for all I care.

What would be the differences (in the mod) of a volunteer fire department compared with a normal one?

volunteer firefighters come to the station in civilian clothes only when you start the alarm and dressed at departure to incident

volunteer firefighters come to the station in civilian clothes only when you start the alarm and dressed at departure to incident

Yes that's in the winterberg mod.

That would be good. It would also be good if it didn't happen immediately so dispatching a volunteer unit would be much slower.

You can have full time volunteer firemen so i think you would call them retained fire crews.